NEED HELP PLZ Where can I find 40MM Grenade stats

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

NEED HELP PLZ Where can I find 40MM Grenade stats

Unread post by ZINO »

NEED HELP PLZ Where can I find 40MM Grenade stats I think it was in northern gun book ?but i cant find the stats or which book.
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: NEED HELP PLZ Where can I find 40MM Grenade stats

Unread post by Orin J. »

the damage states are in the statblocks of the AL-GL4 and GL-GL20 grenade launchers, pg 104-105 of rifts mercs. it also mentions smoke, illumination
and chemic rounds but they aren't given any stats.

the costs are somewhere else i'm assuming! there's an SDC 40mm grenade launcher in the RMB, but i'm assuming you mean MDC stuff. merc ops is my usual solution for ammo questions, but it came up dry too, with only a (totally different) SDC 40mm grenade. if you're in a serious pinch, you can use the costs for hand grenades on page 204 of the RMB, i doubt the players will question much there.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The newer version of the 40mm grenades are in Titan Robotics SB, pg. 32-37 or so.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Warshield73 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:50 pm The newer version of the 40mm grenades are in Titan Robotics SB, pg. 32-37 or so.
yes this is it page 32 !!TYSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The Rifts setting is pretty sparse when it comes to giving sizes for weapons (unlike Robotech), the only 40mm weapon systems I am aware of in Rifts (incomplete library) would be:
1. guns for various warships in WB7 (pg136-7)
2. a net launcher in WB9 pg136 (NP-10 Plasma Net Launcher)
3. Rifts MercOps pg121 has a 40mm Grenade Launcher Rifle and Separate Add-on for SDC weapons

MercOps pg122 lists various Conventional Guns & Ammo cost with a "40mm Grenade Cartridge, 900 credits (per 100)", this leads me to think the grenades are regular grenades, but work with an add-on cartridge (9credits for an SDC grenade seems too cheap even in Rifts) to be launched.

Return to “Rifts®”