What Magic and Occ from Rifter,Do you want to see in Book?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What Magic and Occ from Rifter,Do you want to see in Book?

Unread post by gaby »

What Magic and OCC from Rifter,Do You want to see in Book?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What Magic and Occ from Rifter,Do you want to see in Boo

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Please expand on the above to fill out your thoughts of the question.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Please expand on the above to fill out your thoughts of the question.

I think the question makes sense as is.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

That's a great question, gaby!

For one, I'd like to see an expansion of Crystal Magic (as seen in Secrets of the Atlanteans), which partially bridges the gap between SotA and the Crystal-themed stuff in Island at the Edge of the World.

There are a couple of types of magic mentioned in Mysteries of Magic which were presumably meant for a second book, which could be cool. I'd say the Sex Magic listed therein is best left alone, however, since outside some basic fertility/contraception/beautifying effects it quickly gets problematic.

A discipline based on luck and probability might be a bit strong, but if access to other spells is limited could lead to an evocative character.

I wouldn't mind there being optional boosts potentially available and unique to Mystics, involving things such as limited synergies with Psionics, or increased spells known via following a theme.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I love to see Song Magic and Card Magic from Rifter become Canon.

What About YOU?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

gaby wrote:Well I love to see Song Magic and Card Magic from Rifter become Canon.

What About YOU?

So your question was "Which Magic School with i's associated Character Class would you like to appear in a canon gamebook?" ?

The Rifter 24 Card Mage School and class would be nice if it was fixed so it wasn't totally nerfed.
This would be my fix....
Spoiler:
Card Mage (mod’ed from the R24 text)
Magical Knowledge: Knows how theory behind of how to create/construct cards and develop new cards, and how to use magic cards.
➤Can’t cast spells from memory.
✦There is no limit to how many cards the mage can create, But is limited to the number they can have active for imidiate usage.
Number of Active Cards: 1 per PE per level (to make active the mage holds the card to their chest and send 10 PPE into the card to make it active. (make active is to put PPE into the card as a precercur act [this precurser act does make it so the card reads as magical], To activate the card is to cast the spell through the card.)
➣ spell card count as one card (Levelx3 +list cost to make.)
➢Summining cards count as two cards
➣Power cards stand outside the active list, the card mage can only activate/use one power card at level 3-5, can activate/use two power cards after reaching level 6. Dayly activation cost 17 PPE.
Max usage (before physical damages) of one power card is 1 month per level (30 days with it one but for sleeping min 6 hours a night). (If used constantly causes the normal sleep deprivation insanieties) Insanities start developing right away but do not persist if used for less than ME weeks. Can be used relitively safely for ME weeks. After that there is a 15%+5% chance per week of developing insanities and/or an alignment slipage.
➢Unique Cards count as three cards (the soul card is indepenent of the active card count once it has a soul in it)
Card spells known at level one
one power card (can’t use till level three)
one unique card
1D4 spells from each level 1-4, +1 design current level or lower after level-up.
Rec. enchantment & Magic (same as summoner)

Bonuses:
+1 vs magic @ Ls 4,8,12
+2 vs HF & +1 @Ls 3,6,9,13
+1 to spell str @ Ls 5,9,12,15. (starting spell str: 12)
Decipher Spells, circles and unknown cards (+15 deciphering an existing card): 18+3—
Decipher Spell Scrolls: 8+2—
Using someone else’s magic card cost twice as much as one made by one’s self.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

I don't know about the OCCs, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of anthology of spells and abilities that were printed in the Rifters. I certainly don't own all the Rifters, but I tend to take individual spells from the Rifters that I do own and insert them as regional spell knowledge or maybe have them as "lost" knowledge that the players can discover.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Kraynic wrote:I don't know about the OCCs, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of anthology of spells and abilities that were printed in the Rifters. I certainly don't own all the Rifters, but I tend to take individual spells from the Rifters that I do own and insert them as regional spell knowledge or maybe have them as "lost" knowledge that the players can discover.

So Taking the things from the out of print Rifters and putting them in game books of similar things. Rifter Magic, with all of the Magic Schools and whatever magic type Character Classes, and Psionics and super powers having similar gamebooks?

For a Rifter BoM I would put in a notation in the front that each school of magic is limited to the individual specialty magic user type presented with it. Partly due to that it seams that half of them are a Mystic variant, and just knowing only the spells of their specialty. Without any text that says directly, or that indicates indirectly that they are of the Magical Sciences.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Everything I wrote...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”