Rifter Annual #85

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifter Annual #85

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Well, the new Rifter is out. What does everyone think about it?
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Re: Rifter Annual #85

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Mr. Jays wrote:Well, the new Rifter is out. What does everyone think about it?

Has anyone actually received it?

Mailings just started on Monday. Something about a small getogether at the warehouse last weekend delaying shipping... :D
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

It was for sale at that obscure weekend gathering
thorr-kan
Adventurer

That's right; the post did say it arrived in time. Well, I wouldn't expect reviews before jet-lag recovery is accomplished.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Annnd....guess what was waiting for me when I got home from work today?

Box was sound, and it arrived in good shape. More details later.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Don't know....It's back ordered at '-5' in stock
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Mine just came in the mail today :D

I absolutely LOVE the cover art for this. I thought that it was an amazing piece even before seeing it in person, but now I love it all the more!

Also, gotta say that I'm looking forward to digging into HotRod's officially published cultural lore surrounding glitter boys. That has been one of my all time favorite threads that have cropped up on the forums.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
jcfiala
D-Bee

Unread post by jcfiala »

I got my copy and flipped through it - I didn't really read anything much in detail other than the introductions. I had no idea Sean had been brought in to second for Kevin - not a bad choice, IMHO.

(I don't spend a lot of time around these forums, so I hadn't heard it before.)

It felt really good to get a new Rifter in my hands. There's almost no gaming mags out there these days, so it's great to see the Rifter moving forward.
-----
John Fiala
Will Run Conventions for Food
Riftwalker312
D-Bee

Unread post by Riftwalker312 »

I have a really important question about Rifter #85 that I need answered as soon as possible. I heard that submitting something and having it accepted meant you would receive a free copy of the Rifter issue it appears in, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet while several others have. Was I mistaken or did they change their policy on it or something? I found out recently that the first round of Rifters sold out within days and I really don't want to miss out on getting a copy, so I need to know I have to place an order or not. Thanks in advance.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Riftwalker312 wrote:I have a really important question about Rifter #85 that I need answered as soon as possible. I heard that submitting something and having it accepted meant you would receive a free copy of the Rifter issue it appears in, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet while several others have. Was I mistaken or did they change their policy on it or something? I found out recently that the first round of Rifters sold out within days and I really don't want to miss out on getting a copy, so I need to know I have to place an order or not. Thanks in advance.

You will get your copy eventually. They has only a limited number of advanced copies that went to the pre-orders first. Send a ticket to the help desk and they should be able to give you a better ETA than me.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Mr. Jays wrote:
Riftwalker312 wrote:I have a really important question about Rifter #85 that I need answered as soon as possible. I heard that submitting something and having it accepted meant you would receive a free copy of the Rifter issue it appears in, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet while several others have. Was I mistaken or did they change their policy on it or something? I found out recently that the first round of Rifters sold out within days and I really don't want to miss out on getting a copy, so I need to know I have to place an order or not. Thanks in advance.

You will get your copy eventually. They has only a limited number of advanced copies that went to the pre-orders first. Send a ticket to the help desk and they should be able to give you a better ETA than me.

Alex posted something about this earlier today
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Riftwalker312
D-Bee

Unread post by Riftwalker312 »

Okay, thanks! That's a relief... I was really worried that they would sell out or something. Now that I know my copy is secure I don't mind waiting, I'm sure it'll be fantastic!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Waiting to get mine, may order it when it's confirmed available.
Also, anyone who got theirs, please update the Rifter Index list? Thank you.
Last edited by BookWyrm on Thu May 19, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

BookWyrm wrote:Waiting to get mine, may order it when it's confirmed available.
Also, anyone who got theirs, please update the Rifter list.

According to the website mine was mailed out yesterday so it seems available at this point.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
BookWyrm
Champion

Warshield73 wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Waiting to get mine, may order it when it's confirmed available.
Also, anyone who got theirs, please update the Rifter list.

According to the website mine was mailed out yesterday so it seems available at this point.

Thanks.
EDIT: got my books on 5/31. :D :D :D I had ordered right before Memorial day.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

Rifter Index updated.

Now, for a quick review of #85......worth it. I still have to take a more in depth look through, but I can say right now I am looking forward to deep diving the Glitterboy articles.

Quick question, did anyone else get their Rifter #85 signed?
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

BookWyrm wrote:Rifter Index updated.

Now, for a quick review of #85......worth it. I still have to take a more in depth look through, but I can say right now I am looking forward to deep diving the Glitterboy articles.

Me too, some of this stuff I already did with varying stats but it does look interesting.

BookWyrm wrote:Quick question, did anyone else get their Rifter #85 signed?

Yes. I got both the new Raws for PFRPG, Manhunter and the Rifter all were signed. Was a little surprised but not complaining.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
BookWyrm
Champion

Warshield73 wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Quick question, did anyone else get their Rifter #85 signed?

Yes. I got both the new Raws for PFRPG, Manhunter and the Rifter all were signed. Was a little surprised but not complaining.

Yes. My Rifter #85 has "Visit Phase World - K. Siembeida 2022" & My CS Manhunters has "The Coalition is Watching - K. Siembeida 2022" :D
Thanks, Kev!
Last edited by BookWyrm on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Its an adventure book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

I thought I'd throw this up there for anyone who wished to read a bit of a review. Full review of each article at the link.

Scholar’s Review #59: Rifter #85. After a subdued silence, we have the Rifter roaring back with a meaty, 224 page long, annual entry. Supporting all the PB gaming systems, we have a collection of adventures, detailed settings and world building, and supporting articles for GMs and Players. These are all supported through some great artwork, as well as short-form fiction pieces throughout (including one from yours truly). It goes without saying, the Freddie Williams 2-page comic strip dedicated to the influence of Heroes Unlimited, is the stand-out piece.

https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/pos ... -rifter-85

So, what did you think about the Rifter’s return? What were your favorite pieces, or any constructive criticism you would provide?

Cheers.
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

I got a pdf from https://www.drivethrurpg.com. I am enjoying it although I only play Rifts so the adventures and background material from PF and HU aren’t of much interest. I did enjoy the Rifts Disavowed novella a lot. The artwork in the Rifts story was not as clear as it could have been which is common in the Palladium PDFs I have purchased. Not sure if the pdf was scanned and OCR’d or if it was created directly from the electronic publishing system Palladium uses. In any case the artwork in the PDFs could be sharper and clearer if created with the correct software.
matt.reed
Wanderer
Comment: wrote several power cat updates for the Rifter, and Cascade
guidesmegaverse.podbean.com

Unread post by matt.reed »

desrocfc wrote:I thought I'd throw this up there for anyone who wished to read a bit of a review. Full review of each article at the link.

Scholar’s Review #59: Rifter #85. After a subdued silence, we have the Rifter roaring back with a meaty, 224 page long, annual entry. Supporting all the PB gaming systems, we have a collection of adventures, detailed settings and world building, and supporting articles for GMs and Players. These are all supported through some great artwork, as well as short-form fiction pieces throughout (including one from yours truly). It goes without saying, the Freddie Williams 2-page comic strip dedicated to the influence of Heroes Unlimited, is the stand-out piece.

https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/pos ... -rifter-85

So, what did you think about the Rifter’s return? What were your favorite pieces, or any constructive criticism you would provide?

Cheers.

I would like to see what you think of my submission in Rifter 84, the Dark City of Cascade. I love the rifter nowadays, I've got plenty of things I've written that I hope show up in the next one! Its really fun to think that maybe I can help provide entertainment to the rest of you guys in some way.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Will we see Rifter Annual 86 in this or Next Year?
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

gaby wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:19 pm Will we see Rifter Annual 86 in this or Next Year?
That is a good question.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”