VTT Again :)

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Voidwalker
D-Bee

VTT Again :)

Unread post by Voidwalker »

I am just starting to organize an online Rifts game. I have been looking for a good Virtual Table top program.

I am testing out Astral Tabletop right now and it seems to be able to handle the depth of info that is a Palladium Character sheet.

It is looking very promising. They are partnering with Drivethru rpg.

I was curious about two things.

1. Palladium have you thought about working with the astral team, to provide tighter integration ?
2. Has anyone found any other programs, that may work better?

Thank you for your time

J Horton
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: VTT Again :)

Unread post by Kraynic »

I have to admit I haven't looked at Astral for a while, but it seemed like it was going to be a real pain to set up a character in their sheet at the time. That was early this year though, and I know they have been working on things since then.

I am currently using Roll20 to run Palladium Fantasy 1E. The only reason it is really working out for me is that I got a pro subscription and created the character sheet. Now I am pretty well set to run that system with the sheet being done. I have been asked to create one for 2E, and said I would work on it once I was pretty sure I was done with the one for 1E. I at least own a copy of the core book for 2E to help me make alterations.

I know there is a Rifts character sheet on Roll20, but I don't think it has any built in roll buttons to roll attacks or skills or anything which leaves you building all the macros you need manually. Then there is a Palladium Megaverse sheet that has at least buttons for the skills, but it is relatively bare bones. If Astral doesn't end up working out well enough for you, maybe something could be done to improve/replace one of those character sheets. I'm not at all a pro with html, css, or javascript, but I could probably muddle out a sheet if there was someone to help out, even if it is just to say what all is needed on the sheet.
Voidwalker
D-Bee

Re: VTT Again :)

Unread post by Voidwalker »

I like the Character sheet on Roll20, some one put a lot of work into it. Astral is still new and they are adding things. The character sheet is not so bad. You upload a PDF of and Palladium character sheet and then you add fields directly on top of each area on the sheet. No need for any coding. You can then reference those in your macros.

The only thing so far, that I find troublesome is the lack of voice/video chat. But not many people have that right so far.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, any info is helpful, Have a great Holiday and Game ON!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”