States of Eastern Europe

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iron Sorcerer
D-Bee

States of Eastern Europe

Unread post by Iron Sorcerer »

Aside from Triax 1/2, Mindworks, Mystic Russia and Warlords of Russia, can anyone think of any books/Rifter articles that mention states in eastern Europe?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: States of Eastern Europe

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the upcoming Rifts: Sovietski has some additional details.

Conversion book 1 (unrevised for sure, revised probably) includes mentions of various small european areas in some of the monster and race entries (places those races are common. my favorite is the werewolf dominated area of Romania)

Conversion book 2: pantheons has a few similar details, mainly as references in the descriptions of the various gods and pretenders.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Wasn't there something about a vampire intelligence in Romania possibly responsible for Dracula?
SereneTsunami
Explorer

Unread post by SereneTsunami »

Rifter #1 has a good article about a Wolfen nation in Northern Italy.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

SereneTsunami wrote:Rifter #1 has a good article about a Wolfen nation in Northern Italy.

Well, it certainly has An Article about wolven in northern italy. I find I would use words other than "good" to discribe a bunch of humanoid wolves adopting ancient roman stylings. :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Nekira, you mean like the humanoid wolves in Phase World, and Palladium? Romanesque IS the culture for wolves, dontcha know?

I actually liked the Wolfen/Roman article.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'm glad it never got made official. the roman aspect never bothered me (beyond the general "why are the wolfen so roman" problem of PFRPG in general), but it just seemed rather improbable that a bunch of SDC wolfen with SDC armor and SDC weapons would actually survive on Rifts earth.. much less become one of the main defenders of italy (against MDC threats) and then somehow rapidly develop an advanced technological infrastructure to produce weaponry on par with the NGR..

basically, the backstory does not add up, even for the earlier days of Rifts when it was written.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

RockJock wrote:Nekira, you mean like the humanoid wolves in Phase World, and Palladium? Romanesque IS the culture for wolves, dontcha know?

I actually liked the Wolfen/Roman article.

That is actually part of my problem. They have the same culture even when wildly removed from time, place, and technology. medival, magic using wolven have exactly the same culture as space-faring wolven with massive starships. Humans can't go 500 miles with some pretty different culture, it's kinda boring all wolven everywhere have exactly the same culture. putting them it Italy just makes the problem worse.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”