Guidance for a 1st Time Splicer Referee

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Malleustein
D-Bee

Guidance for a 1st Time Splicer Referee

Unread post by Malleustein »

I have been inspired by the "I Am Legion" material in recent Rifter issues to finally read Splicers properly. It has sat on my shelf for a few years, always looking interesting but a little overwhelming too (I'm a referee who prefers classic Robotect, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness and Dead Reign, where psionics, magic are uncommon or absent, so the rules stay simple). But the awesome art and campaign has me hooked, so I looked at the rulebook and the material presented in earlier issues of The Rifter.

Realising that much of the material is spread out over 15 issues of The Rifter, I've put a few cheat sheets together to facilitate things. I have a skill program sheet, skills sheets, a Warmounts and Beasts sheet and an O.C.C. sheet. These are mostly to help my players sift through the multitude of options in character creation.

Is there a character sheet, official or otherwise? I have assembled one of my own because I haven't had any luck finding one online and I don't like the "everything and the kitchen sink" style sheets that try to cover every game some people have put online. Likewise, I want a BIO-E/Biomorphs sheet, but I suspect I will have to make that myself.

Finally, is there any MAJOR errata/FAQ/general advice players better acquainted with the game would suggest I use? And no, I'm not interested in the "is this Earth or not?" question, I'm looking for serious rules mistakes or omissions that might catch my group and I out when we play our first few sessions.

Thanks in advance, Splicers!
Last edited by Malleustein on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Point is Good Deeds Were Done and We Were Nearby!"
TagsPB
Explorer

Re: Guidance for a 1st Time Splicer Referee

Unread post by TagsPB »

Malleustein wrote:I have been inspired by the "I Am Legion" material in recent Rifter issues to finally read Splicers properly. It has sat on my shelf for a few years, always looking interesting but a little overwhelming too (I'm a referee who prefers classic Robotect, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness and Dead Reign, where psionics, magic are uncommon or absent, so the rules stay simple). But the awesome art and campaign has me hooked, so I looked at the rulebook and the material presented in earlier issues of The Rifter.

Realising that much of the material is spread out over 15 issues of The Rifter, I've put a few cheat sheets together to facilitate things. I have a skill program sheet, skills sheets, a Warmounts and Beasts sheet and an O.C.C. sheet. These are mostly to help my players sift through the multitude of options in character creation.

Is there a character sheet, official or otherwise? I have assembled one of my own because I haven't had any luck finding one online and I don't like the "everything and the kitchen sink" style sheets that try to cover every game some people have put online. Likewise, I want a BIO-E/Biomorphs sheet, but I suspect I will have to make that myself.

Finally, is there any MAJOR errata/FAQ/general advice players better acquainted with the game would suggest I use? And no, I'm not interested in the "is this Earth or not?" question, I'm looking for serious rules mistakes or omissions that might catch my group and I out when we play our first few sessions.

Yeah it actually took me a night of boredom to look over and read Splicers.......and then......I was hooked.

Character Sheets, WarMount Sheets, Host Armor Creation Sheets, Living Armor Creation Sheets, and Biotic Sheets ARE being worked on< but aren't ready yet.

Aside from a few things where a pre-requisite was missed for some items.....I don't think there are any major errata errors (if there are my saying this will have people point them out quickly)

As to the 'I am Legion' story line......yeah I got roped in.....and some of the stuff that has not been shown yet is awesome, scary, freaky......or just plain EVIL.

If you do have any questions not answered here PM me and I will try and find the answers for you.
Malleustein
D-Bee

Yeah it actually took me a night of boredom to look over and read Splicers.......and then......I was hooked.

Character Sheets, WarMount Sheets, Host Armor Creation Sheets, Living Armor Creation Sheets, and Biotic Sheets ARE being worked on< but aren't ready yet.

Aside from a few things where a pre-requisite was missed for some items.....I don't think there are any major errata errors (if there are my saying this will have people point them out quickly)

As to the 'I am Legion' story line......yeah I got roped in.....and some of the stuff that has not been shown yet is awesome, scary, freaky......or just plain EVIL.

If you do have any questions not answered here PM me and I will try and find the answers for you.[/quote]

Well, I'm sat next to a tower of issues of The Rifter putting together as many handy quick sheets to more easily find these things myself. It is slow going but will help immensely when it comes to character creation and play.

I Am Legion is really good. It, and the recent Chaos Earth Resurrection, both make me wish Palladium Books released more campaign and adventure books instead of focusing on source books, since both are very sound and still give plenty of world detail along with play material. Honestly, if they don't make a compiled supplement out of I Am Legion, they are missing a trick. Especially since so much quality art is already done for it.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Malleustein wrote:I have been inspired by the "I Am Legion" material in recent Rifter issues to finally read Splicers properly. It has sat on my shelf for a few years, always looking interesting but a little overwhelming too (I'm a referee who prefers classic Robotect, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness and Dead Reign, where psionics, magic are uncommon or absent, so the rules stay simple). But the awesome art and campaign has me hooked, so I looked at the rulebook and the material presented in earlier issues of The Rifter.

WOW!!!! Welcome to the Forums and joining the rest of us Spliceheads!!!
Your post is sweet music to my ears. As one of the Co-Creators of "I am Legion" as well as the Artist, I am so thrilled and humbled to see that Legion has captivated you enough to invest your time, creativity and intrigue into the Splicers RPG and Splicers Community. I know you will find this forums community to be warm, innovative and welcoming as there can be some of the best RPG innovative experiences inside the Splicers community.

Indeed character sheets are a much need item and I am compiling the best contributions to help develop them. If you have some mock ups that you think would be ideal, please feel free to PM and I will be glad to review and (only with your permission) see if we can incorporate them into something to be published.

As to I am Legion, being a compiled publication, well... lets just say that is what I am targeting for.

BTW, if your going to delve into creating and Building your own Great House(s), you might want to check out this Thread

Slappy and I have a ton of source material that was written for the "I am Legion" adventure and beyond source material, so keep your eyes peeled.

Have fun and lets see what you brew :D
Malleustein
D-Bee

Premier wrote:WOW!!!! Welcome to the Forums and joining the rest of us Spliceheads!!!
Your post is sweet music to my ears. As one of the Co-Creators of "I am Legion" as well as the Artist, I am so thrilled and humbled to see that Legion has captivated you enough to invest your time, creativity and intrigue into the Splicers RPG and Splicers Community. I know you will find this forums community to be warm, innovative and welcoming as there can be some of the best RPG innovative experiences inside the Splicers community.

Indeed character sheets are a much need item and I am compiling the best contributions to help develop them. If you have some mock ups that you think would be ideal, please feel free to PM and I will be glad to review and (only with your permission) see if we can incorporate them into something to be published.

As to I am Legion, being a compiled publication, well... lets just say that is what I am targeting for.

BTW, if your going to delve into creating and Building your own Great House(s), you might want to check out this Thread

Slappy and I have a ton of source material that was written for the "I am Legion" adventure and beyond source material, so keep your eyes peeled.

Have fun and lets see what you brew :D

Well, the art throughout recent Splicer material in The Rifter has been awesome, but you know that already. The campaign looks good. I won't start with it because it puts a spin on the core material my players won't see the significance of if I don't build up to it. But I will use it to add some setting info about House Artemis and the others, introduce some of the NPCs earlier so there is more of a connection, etc.

I think Splicers is unique enough even today that it could catch the imagination of a new or lapsed audience, but a revised edition and some source books would really help with that. Even if it is just a smaller range such as Dead Reign and Robotech enjoy.

My preference is to prepare quick reference sheets for character creation and play. It is no secret Palladium Books don't have the best laid out books and lack indices, but I'd say about half of the Material for Splicers is spread over a dozen issues of The Rifter too! So this seems a very good idea. At this point, all I've completed are lists and tables for things like O.C.C.s, Skill Programs, Skill & Secondary Skill lists, War Mounts & Gore Hounds, Bio-Tech, Bio-Enhancements, etc. So they are simply lists to help find things.

I have yet to settle on a character sheet style I like, and I want to make a combat rules quick sheet, "combat cards" for Machines and monsters, and eventually an errata sheet too. For the latter of those I think I need to sit and trawl this very forum. Finally, I might cobble together a netbook of these and of the fan material that I like on here... Phew.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Well, the art throughout recent Splicer material in The Rifter has been awesome, but you know that already. The campaign looks good. I won't start with it because it puts a spin on the core material my players won't see the significance of if I don't build up to it. But I will use it to add some setting info about House Artemis and the others, introduce some of the NPCs earlier so there is more of a connection, etc.

Thank you. The art is part of the Splice equation that I think helps distinguish Splicers from any other setting. I knew where many of the "inspirational sources" came from, but did not want to be bound to them. However, I also didn't want to alienate anyone who enjoys those "inspirational sources" so I made sure to fuse them within some of the art. I still wanted Splicers to begin to have its own look and feel.

Smart idea not to completely dip the players in this campaign if you want them to fully appreciate the upgrades within the campaign. Earlier NPC build up and interaction will certainly make the I am Legion experience even more touching and emotional. As to House Artemis, I have plenty of info on the Great House and the Area of Influence that it resides in if your interested in using it, I can PM you and anyone else interested, simply OM me with your email address and be prepared.

I think Splicers is unique enough even today that it could catch the imagination of a new or lapsed audience, but a revised edition and some source books would really help with that. Even if it is just a smaller range such as Dead Reign and Robotech enjoy.

Totally agree. We want to do a re-launch version of the RPG book, similar to Rifts Ultimate Edition. We have been tossing around the title Splicers Evolved Edition. I have revised every War Mount with updated artwork, plus every core O.C.C. so that they are much more provocative to play. Have drafted a ton of bio-weapons and some demos of the bio enhancements. This is also in conjunction with revising most of the machine illustrations that I felt needed some love. We have also discussed a few additions/tweaks for the text to better help and support the setting regarding some of the earlier release concerns (i.e.; Which planet are we on?). As to additional source books, we literally have a several source books already in the pipeline.

(These two titles were submitted about a year ago by Galactus Kid, Guy Ledouche and Krispy.)
Splicers: Blood and Iron - The expansion and a deeper look into the Technojacker O.C.C.
Splicers: Genetic Expressions - A wealthy toy box of New bio-enhancements and weapons.

(The following titles are developed by Slappy and myself.)
Splicers: Legion - Originally written as a sourcebook, you are now experiencing it in its episodic fashion via the Rifters. (completed)
Splicers: Arm's Race - Sort of the aftermath of I am Legion and what the Resistance and
N.E.X.U.S. are doing and producing. (near completion)

Future Splicers sourcebooks that we've also begun work on, (some more than others)

Splicers: The Preserves - Every good RPG should have a quality monsters manual, and man... do we have some critters for Spliceheads. Delves into the Gaia personality more and her cryo zoos. How to Design a new Species, new O.C.C.s and new Bio-Enhancements, new Metabolisms, new N.P.C.s including a rogue Librarian and more.
Splicers: Biotic Rebellion -
Splicers: Dark Depths - With so many great Houses that fled to the oceans, its time to see what Splicer life is like in the big vast bodies of water and islands. Delves deeper into what lurks in these waters and the darks secrets hidden within them. Also reveals what N.E.X.U.S. has designed as amphibious machines and what Gaia is encouraged to release into the waters to stress Splicers.
Splicers: Metal Storm - Every Splicers nightmare, fresh from the assembly lines are new releases of N.E.X.U.S. designs, New weapons, New facilities, and machine objectives plus a new machine personality surfaces to the chagrin of Splicers.
Splicers: Arctic Lands -

My preference is to prepare quick reference sheets for character creation and play. It is no secret Palladium Books don't have the best laid out books and lack indices, but I'd say about half of the Material for Splicers is spread over a dozen issues of The Rifter too! So this seems a very good idea. At this point, all I've completed are lists and tables for things like O.C.C.s, Skill Programs, Skill & Secondary Skill lists, War Mounts & Gore Hounds, Bio-Tech, Bio-Enhancements, etc. So they are simply lists to help find things.

I am very intrigued with what you have developed.

I have yet to settle on a character sheet style I like, and I want to make a combat rules quick sheet, "combat cards" for Machines and monsters, and eventually an errata sheet too. For the latter of those I think I need to sit and trawl this very forum. Finally, I might cobble together a netbook of these and of the fan material that I like on here... Phew.

Sounds Great and We look forward to seeing what you compile. I am planning on taking posted/submitted character sheets and developing a finished sheet for the O.C.C.s, with some form of artistic identity/outline for the core O.C.C. classifications!
Malleustein
D-Bee

Premier wrote:Thank you. The art is part of the Splice equation that I think helps distinguish Splicers from any other setting. I knew where many of the "inspirational sources" came from, but did not want to be bound to them. However, I also didn't want to alienate anyone who enjoys those "inspirational sources" so I made sure to fuse them within some of the art. I still wanted Splicers to begin to have its own look and feel.

Smart idea not to completely dip the players in this campaign if you want them to fully appreciate the upgrades within the campaign. Earlier NPC build up and interaction will certainly make the I am Legion experience even more touching and emotional. As to House Artemis, I have plenty of info on the Great House and the Area of Influence that it resides in if your interested in using it, I can PM you and anyone else interested, simply OM me with your email address and be prepared.

Totally agree. We want to do a re-launch version of the RPG book, similar to Rifts Ultimate Edition. We have been tossing around the title Splicers Evolved Edition. I have revised every War Mount with updated artwork, plus every core O.C.C. so that they are much more provocative to play. Have drafted a ton of bio-weapons and some demos of the bio enhancements. This is also in conjunction with revising most of the machine illustrations that I felt needed some love. We have also discussed a few additions/tweaks for the text to better help and support the setting regarding some of the earlier release concerns (i.e.; Which planet are we on?). As to additional source books, we literally have a several source books already in the pipeline.

(These two titles were submitted about a year ago by Galactus Kid, Guy Ledouche and Krispy.)
Splicers: Blood and Iron - The expansion and a deeper look into the Technojacker O.C.C.
Splicers: Genetic Expressions - A wealthy toy box of New bio-enhancements and weapons.

Splicers: Legion - Originally written as a sourcebook, you are now experiencing it in its episodic fashion via the Rifters. (completed)
Splicers: Arm's Race - Sort of the aftermath of I am Legion and what the Resistance and

Future Splicers sourcebooks that we've also begun work on, (some more than others)

Splicers: The Preserves - Every good RPG should have a quality monsters manual, and man... do we have some critters for Spliceheads. Delves into the Gaia personality more and her cryo zoos. How to Design a new Species, new O.C.C.s and new Bio-Enhancements, new Metabolisms, new N.P.C.s including a rogue Librarian and more.
Splicers: Dark Depths - With so many great Houses that fled to the oceans, its time to see what Splicer life is like in the big vast bodies of water and islands. Delves deeper into what lurks in these waters and the darks secrets hidden within them. Also reveals what N.E.X.U.S. has designed as amphibious machines and what Gaia is encouraged to release into the waters to stress Splicers.
Splicers: Metal Storm - Every Splicers nightmare, fresh from the assembly lines are new releases of N.E.X.U.S. designs, New weapons, New facilities, and machine objectives plus a new machine personality surfaces to the chagrin of Splicers.

Sounds Great and We look forward to seeing what you compile. I am planning on taking posted/submitted character sheets and developing a finished sheet for the O.C.C.s, with some form of artistic identity/outline for the core O.C.C. classifications!

Splicers: Evolved sounds like a cool name for a second edition/revision to me! I do think a little more world information would help. I love how weird Splicers is, but at the same time, it isn't the easiest setting to wrap your head around and describe to players.

The supplements sound awesome. I do hope we start to see them. 2017? Year of Splicers? Wasn't there also a Barren Marsh book being talked about at one point too? Biotic Rebellion and Dark Depths both sound good. Biotics are a favourite O.C.C. for me (why merely have a weapon when you can BE the weapon?) and there are few rpgs that put much thought into oceanic/aquatic adventures.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing the Great Houses area of influence and territories. I'm tinkering with what I'm using for my campaign. Not a hurry since we aren't likely to actually get started with Splicers until the New Year, so I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to see more.

Reference material isn't anything fancy, just some compiled lists really, happy to share them if you want. I've not included the House Shiva or Pandorum, since I'm likely to use them as outsiders and threats. Didn't want to clutter the sheets with stuff I wouldn't let the players have. Splicers has enough to distract them already, hehe.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Malleustein wrote:
Premier wrote:Thank you. The art is part of the Splice equation that I think helps distinguish Splicers from any other setting. I knew where many of the "inspirational sources" came from, but did not want to be bound to them. However, I also didn't want to alienate anyone who enjoys those "inspirational sources" so I made sure to fuse them within some of the art. I still wanted Splicers to begin to have its own look and feel.

Splicers: Evolved sounds like a cool name for a second edition/revision to me! I do think a little more world information would help. I love how weird Splicers is, but at the same time, it isn't the easiest setting to wrap your head around and describe to players.

The supplements sound awesome. I do hope we start to see them. 2017? Year of Splicers? Wasn't there also a Barren Marsh book being talked about at one point too? Biotic Rebellion and Dark Depths both sound good. Biotics are a favourite O.C.C. for me (why merely have a weapon when you can BE the weapon?) and there are few rpgs that put much thought into oceanic/aquatic adventures.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing the Great Houses area of influence and territories. I'm tinkering with what I'm using for my campaign. Not a hurry since we aren't likely to actually get started with Splicers until the New Year, so I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to see more.

Reference material isn't anything fancy, just some compiled lists really, happy to share them if you want. I've not included the House Shiva or Pandorum, since I'm likely to use them as outsiders and threats. Didn't want to clutter the sheets with stuff I wouldn't let the players have. Splicers has enough to distract them already, hehe.

If you like Biotics....and want to BE the weapon.....wait till you see this next few episodes.
I can't say what's in store other then a storm of sorts is coming, a force that will push boundaries and make you question what is is to be human. (Personally I have a different view then many but that just me).

And for those who want to complain about power creep. A lot of things aren't so much new, they aren't meant to up the scale, they are about life. Life changes and adapts, it finds new ways to use tools from one area differently in another. It does this or it dies. To me the world of Splicers exemplifies this and I'm so glad Kevin and Chuck let me play in their sand box (one day I hope meet the other Splicer writers).

Oh one last thing........Legion must DIE!!! (No really she is a great villain....I just side with humanity on this one).
Malleustein
D-Bee

Biotics rock. I look forward to seeing where they go and what can be done with them. They may not be the most unique aspect of Splicers, but they are definitely a favourite of mine. The low social status and inherent growing madness are interesting too.

Do people complain about power creep? Is that a thing? Surely irrelevant in a setting where new bio-technology is grown to deal with new threats.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Malleustein wrote:Biotics rock. I look forward to seeing where they go and what can be done with them. They may not be the most unique aspect of Splicers, but they are definitely a favourite of mine. The low social status and inherent growing madness are interesting too.

Do people complain about power creep? Is that a thing? Surely irrelevant in a setting where new bio-technology is grown to deal with new threats.

As a note......Metamorphs (Rifter #51, page 19) are a form of Biotic. And my 2nd favourite class, after Packmaster.

In other threads they have so I thought I'd address it here......as in any war one side develops something, or re-pourposuses it, and the other side counters......or dies.

Splicers have it a bit tougher.....for they must find a way to counter technology, with something biological.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i wouldn't see much need for a house barren marsh book.

as i see it, house barren marsh is a typical house as presented in the core book... or, to phrase it another way... barren marsh is basically the archetypical house used in the core book. we know its population and troop breakdown, we know all the non-civilian OCCs it typically makes use of, we have one of the main NPCs, and basically the book is written from the perspective of that one house. other great houses (especially nearby ones who will both try to emulate their success and be influenced by the dominant culture of the one house that has actually been able to push the machine away, not to mention probable trade agreements) might be similar, but basically the core book is pretty much giving things from the perspective of house barren marsh and other houses like it.
Malleustein
D-Bee

Shark_Force wrote:i wouldn't see much need for a house barren marsh book.

as i see it, house barren marsh is a typical house as presented in the core book... or, to phrase it another way... barren marsh is basically the archetypical house used in the core book. we know its population and troop breakdown, we know all the non-civilian OCCs it typically makes use of, we have one of the main NPCs, and basically the book is written from the perspective of that one house. other great houses (especially nearby ones who will both try to emulate their success and be influenced by the dominant culture of the one house that has actually been able to push the machine away, not to mention probable trade agreements) might be similar, but basically the core book is pretty much giving things from the perspective of house barren marsh and other houses like it.

I'm not suggesting it would be a better sourcebook than many already mentioned in the thread, only that I was sure I had read something about it being in the works at one point or another previously.

In all likelihood, it has been quietly dropped or the material intended for it divided into articles for The Rifter/expanded upon for intended publication in these other books.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Malleustein

Thanks! Yeah, it is something that could make for a nice spin. Explaining Splicers to new gamers is an intriguing one, but I guess I have done it on so many occasions that it comes as second nature instincts now.

My usual spiel goes something like this for those who are interested:

"Splicers is an action, survival-Horror RPG set on an offworld where mankind entrusted Machines and programmed an artificial Intelligence to monitor everything and to run the planet. Multiple programmers designed the Artificial Intelligence (NEXUS) and programmed various protocols and directives for the AI to govern itself. "

(Majority of the people I say this to, are already smirking and saying yeah...I know where this is going, yada... yada... yada... - I love this, because then comes parts that throw them for a loop.)

"Part of N.E.X.U.S.'s directives is to monitor and to handle all of the pest control and exterminations. To better understand pest it monitors their various behaviors. For example, rodents have been recognized for breeding uncontrollably and spreading various diseases, devouring resources, cannibalisms and overall killing each other. The machine observed that humans shared a lot of common traits with rats and thus decided to label humans as pest too. This led to a global war between mankind and machine.

(Up until this point, the Gamer being pitched to is still pretty much at home with what they are anticipating to hear, but the rat thing sort of draws them in a little deeper. Thats when the bomb is dropped on them).

After warring for years, the machine decides to put a nix on the human resistance tactics. Instead of allowing humans to continue to utilize tanks, power armors, ships and guns against the machines, N.E.X.U.S. decided to produce processors that released billions of nanobots into the air that trigger cause a nanobot plague reaction to any living thing that comes into contact with any metal (outside of precious metals). The more sophisticated the metal composition the more deadly the metal reacts. This means that's even a fork becomes like the T-1000 and attacks your hand if you grab it.
The Nanobot plague forces the nearly exterminated mankind to flee from the surface where the machines reign supreme and into the oceans and underground. No longer able to wield metal technology, man is forced to utilize ancient alien artifacts to engineer their own form of Bio-Technology. For example, instead of building and operating a power armor, the armor is genetically designed and grown. It is a living thing that must be fed to survive. You get to choose what type of metabolism and special abilities the armor will have. Each armor is customizable to the pilot. Instead of tanks and jet fighters, the humans pilot War Mounts which are large sized bio-technological monsters that re also customizable.

(At this point, the Gamer's eyes are lit up with the possibilities and what they can envision.)

But the machine is not the only enemy of mankind. With politics, ethics and limited resources, there are also rival houses among the human Resistance that fight among each other as well. These are called "Blood feuds." So you also have this shogun ,samurai styled Game of Thrones with biotechnology at the helm. Add the various alien wildlife to the mix and you have... Splicers.

(At this point, they are usually chomping at the bit, looking through the core book, or one of the recent Rifters or my portfolio and next thing you know, they are a new Splice head spawn. )

The supplements sound awesome. I do hope we start to see them. 2017? Year of Splicers?

Fingers crossed for 2017 as a good year for Splice!!! If the Evolved edition is done as well as the release of a couple of sourcebooks already in the pipeline, this could be huge for the Splicers RPG and Splicehead community.

Wasn't there also a Barren Marsh book being talked about at one point too?

I've been jostling about with a Barren Marsh world book as a quick follow up expansion and sourcebook to the core RPG book. Planned are the necessary/missing things to help develop your Splicers setting that couldn't fit into the RPG book plus a deeper expansion on the Barren Marsh and its surrounding territories.

Such topics include:
Global Update continued from Ralph The Red Bellamy, Librarians and Engineers: The Duality of Bio-Tech (fully written stats on the two and how they work), Build Your Own Great House Construction Rules, Areas of Influence (what they are and Barren Marshes AOI breakdown), Geography and Climate of the Marsh AOI, Resistance Cells in the Marsh Region, Places of Note (i.e.: Debris (Computer Core Ruins), the Meat House (Industrial Center), Lakes & Rivers, Valleys, Nature Preserve, the Blood Lands, the Battery Fields, Marshes, Retro-Villages, Ruined Cities and Ghost Towns, Mountain Peaks (Western Nepali Mountain Range and Northern Applecore Mountain Range), Abyssal Trench, The Great Ocean, Floating Forest, the Great Marshland, the Silverthorn Everglades and Emerald Swamp. Some notable Alien species, New Metabolisms, New Biological Enhancements, New Bio-Weapons, New War Mounts, a few New Occupational Character Classes.
Also NEXUS Protocol: New Drones such as the Necrostalker and Siren, New/Missing Robots (i.e.: Assault Striker (robot seen on page 1 of sourcebook), Barrage Tank, Dozer, Duster, Probe(depicted in Assault Slayer illustration), Incinerator, Inflictor, Red Eye and Sea Snake plus others.
Splicers Character Sheets

This book would help us and others, along with future Contributors to expand the setting by writing their own Area of Influence as part of the Splicers world book series. Area of Influence #24 containing Great House Artemis is already written and ready for its own World book release. Seeing Warsaw, Bastian, Pandorum, Arcadia, and others have their own AOI world book could really help the development and expansion of Splicers.

Biotic Rebellion and Dark Depths both sound good. Biotics are a favourite O.C.C. for me (why merely have a weapon when you can BE the weapon?)
Glad you like. Both titles have some nice things brewing in them to expound upon the life of Splicers and the setting. Biotics are a favorite of mine as well, but I feel they don't get as much love/attention as they could garner.

To give everyone an idea of what Biotic Rebellion Sourcebook entails:
Biotic Rebellion sourcebook contains more cultural aspects and reflections on haven/Seedling and militia lifestyles and interactions, Biotic enhancements, New Metamorph Forms, New Biotic Templates, several New O.C.C.s, new Phobias/Insanities, New Biotic Rogue Tribes, new NPCs/Villains and some major events within the Resistance.

Your words on "why merely have a weapon when you can BE the weapon?," literally mirror what's coming up soon in I am Legion.

...and there are few rpgs that put much thought into oceanic/aquatic adventures

Oh...man...Dark Depths is a deep look into the areas that Splicers have fled and a dark look into humanity and also what may have been unleashed when we look to deep. What did the United World Congress truly find down there? Is there a darker, secret and reason why N.E.X.U.S. believes mankind must be contained NOW? This book is a kind reminder as to why Splicers has a dark, horror side to it.

Well, that gives you plenty of fun time to develop the habitat, Great Houses, Bio-Tech, etc. (sandbox) that you plan to play in.
Malleustein
D-Bee

I do hope Splicers can steal some publishing priority from RIFTS in the upcoming year or two. It really is a unique setting and one in greater need than RIFTS Earth at this point. Whether it is a complete revision or an update-through-sourcebook approach, I would just love to see Palladium Books gets behind it in a big way. It is unlike anything on the shelves right now.

I have my own little pitch document that sounds pretty similar. The core of my group has read it and likes it, but I'm not plugging the game too much yet. We have an ongoing campaign that I don't want to derail. But this gives me time to prepare extensively to referee Splicers next year.

Obviously, any published support for Splicers would be welcome. My preference would be a big sourcebook, to get as many important world and campaign elements on the table as quickly as possible, but I know that is mostly because I'm hyped for the game and want to read more about it. In reality, I've always preferred Palladium Books' slim sourcebooks that came out for games like TMNT/AtB, the old Robotech line and more recently Dead Reign. I don't know if leaner sourcebooks would be better for Splicers or not, but I like the tight focus these tend to have.
Jonesy26
Newb

Unread post by Jonesy26 »

@ Premier

Apologies for waking this thread but me and a friend wanted to know if the "Future Splicers sourcebooks" mention by Premier will be coming out at some point??

Warmest regards
Jonesy26
Newb

Unread post by Jonesy26 »

@ Premier

Apologies for waking this thread but me and a friend wanted to know if the "Future Splicers sourcebooks" mention by Premier will be coming out at some point??

Warmest regards

Return to “Splicers®”