rifter 74 extra dollop of splicer goodness

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kaid
Knight

rifter 74 extra dollop of splicer goodness

Unread post by kaid »

I have not had a chance to read through it yet as it arrived while I am at work but in paging through it lots of good splicer stuff in this one. I have to say the samaritan gorehound variant is pretty dang creepy looking.
TagsPB
Explorer

Re: rifter 74 extra dollop of splicer goodness

Unread post by TagsPB »

It's a cute, fluffy, loveable Gorehound.........unless your a machine.....or try to take its chew toys.

But in all seriousness, I had a blast working on it with Chuck. And his art work really brings it to life.

And I still say his name should have gone before mine in the credits.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

There are a couple odd things I noticed. The mantis arm blades list damage as 2d6 for one blade and 4d4x10 for both blades. I am kinda thinking that is not what was intended. Also the heavy bore cannon does less damage and has less range than the medium bore cannon.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Finally had a chance to finish reading the whole splicers article. Some pretty nifty stuff the samaritan gorehound varient although creepy as hell looking does seem to be a pretty handy member of a pack to have. The badger is a needed design definitely one of those things where you want to build up enough of them before you show them to the machine because the initial strikes those could make would be outstanding.

With a tunneling speed of 35 MPH and pretty long submerged endurance you could make an approach at major control centers from a long way out largely undetected and allow you to do some major damage and then get out. Once that tactic gets commonly used I assume the machine would start doing tactics such as buried mine fields or something of that nature below their facilities but a lot of damage can be done before the machine closes their back door.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Can't wait to read that.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

kaid wrote:Some pretty nifty stuff the samaritan gorehound varient although creepy as hell looking does seem to be a pretty handy member of a pack to have.

I think you mean.....cute and cuddly in true Splicer's fashion. And they are really. Unless.......you are foolish and attack them, their pack, or their Packmaster.....then.....well........lets just say you want to stay on the cute and cuddly side ok?

From the 1st Chapter of I am Legion, Drunilla has one.......and Sasha is just adorable.

If anyone ever wants an updated version of Dru.....pm me. I have notes that take her all the way to level 15.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

TagsPB wrote:
kaid wrote:Some pretty nifty stuff the samaritan gorehound varient although creepy as hell looking does seem to be a pretty handy member of a pack to have.

I think you mean.....cute and cuddly in true Splicer's fashion. And they are really. Unless.......you are foolish and attack them, their pack, or their Packmaster.....then.....well........lets just say you want to stay on the cute and cuddly side ok?

From the 1st Chapter of I am Legion, Drunilla has one.......and Sasha is just adorable.

If anyone ever wants an updated version of Dru.....pm me. I have notes that take her all the way to level 15.

They would be cute until weird tentacles pop out the front and its like I am not sure I want that thing licking my wounds hehe.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

So aside from a new gorehound, what is in I am Legion Three is a crowd?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

They have the new gorehound, The Badger underground APC warmount which is pretty terrifying, a number of new weapon options such as semi autonomous guns that can sit on your shoulders/back like the detatchable guns the jaggers in the NGR do and then they can be commanded to move off and take up a position like a sentry gun. Pretty good new munitions as well new options for tagging a target to use as a "targeting laser" for bio munitions. As well as a nice base layout and lore stuff.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:There are a couple odd things I noticed. The mantis arm blades list damage as 2d6 for one blade and 4d4x10 for both blades. I am kinda thinking that is not what was intended. Also the heavy bore cannon does less damage and has less range than the medium bore cannon.

Glad you are enjoying the article Kaid, and I thank you and TagsPB for noticing certain issues.
I will ret-con them in the following episode, but here is what I will post.

Shrieker Launcher: missing Bio-E cost.

Bio-E Cost is 10 points.

Mantis Blade damage: The mantis arm blades list damage as 2d6 for one blade and 4d4x10 for both blades
This was based off of the Gorgon Host Armor that Senator Tiegs (in Rifter #43) adorns and it should state 12D6 M.D. (Typo likely the culprit here.)

Also the Heavy Bore Cannon does less damage and has less range than the Medium Bore Cannon.

The Heavy Bore Cannon is a weapon based off of the Bore technology utilized to make the Bore Rifles. Bore Rifles are not as powerful as the actual Bore Cannons that are grown onto the Host Armors.
You'll notice this similarity with the Bore Rifle in the Splicers RPG, page 134. We gave the hand held version longer range than the Heavy Bore Cannon and slightly smaller grubs so that they can efficiently go further and with a larger ammo payload, without usurping the commitment that pilots of Host Armor make when they decide to purchase Bore Cannons. This way, players aren't just picking up hand-held weapons and usurping the committed, Bio-E investment choices. So there is a trade off, but not an automatic carry over conversion.

Hope this helps, and please continue to enjoy.
Slappy, Guy LeDouche and TagsPB really out did themselves, and it gets even better, or worse depending on whose side your on.
Last edited by Premier on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Kaid
I have not had a chance to read through it yet as it arrived while I am at work but in paging through it lots of good splicer stuff in this one. I have to say the samaritan gorehound variant is pretty dang creepy looking.

TagsPB
It's a cute, fluffy, loveable Gorehound.........unless your a machine.....or try to take its chew toys.
But in all seriousness, I had a blast working on it with Chuck. And his art work really brings it to life.
And I still say his name should have gone before mine in the credits.

Talking Samaritans,
I must proudly say that this has been a fun experience working with TagsPB as you never know what is going to develop until the end results smile back at ya. I know in the other thread we have been discussing designs for a medical War mount and presto, one that can be catered to the support of its fellow gore-pack as well as fellow player groups is here before our eyes. It is even strong enough to drag some of the larger War Mounts out of harms way so that they can be properly tended to by a Saint, without jeopardizing the Saint. It isn't meant as a replacement for the larger medical War Mount being develo...err...hum... discussed, but it serves as a nice upgrade and fulfills a first responder niche for Player groups.

We had to push the cute envelop on this one, because of the very nature of what it does. Anything too fierce looking might be more alarming and upsetting to injured soldiers and War Mounts as opposed to a cute, super fluffy gore hound that comes roving at you to stabilize you and tend to your injuries. In the end though, underneath that fluffy exterior is a hardy, durable, Gorehound not to be trifled with.

Kaid
They would be cute until weird tentacles pop out the front and its like I am not sure I want that thing licking my wounds hehe.

Awe....Kaid,.. it only wants to hug you, and wuv you and squeeze you tight, licking ya up and down healing you just right... Its like a big protective, lovable teddy bear. You know you want one.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:Finally had a chance to finish reading the whole splicers article. Some pretty nifty stuff the samaritan gorehound varient although creepy as hell looking does seem to be a pretty handy member of a pack to have. The badger is a needed design definitely one of those things where you want to build up enough of them before you show them to the machine because the initial strikes those could make would be outstanding.

With a tunneling speed of 35 MPH and pretty long submerged endurance you could make an approach at major control centers from a long way out largely undetected and allow you to do some major damage and then get out. Once that tactic gets commonly used I assume the machine would start doing tactics such as buried mine fields or something of that nature below their facilities but a lot of damage can be done before the machine closes their back door.

Thank you Kaid, sincerely puts a smile across my face to read your review. You truly get what we were trying to convey with everything and how to properly use it. The Badger was way...overdue, as player groups need an APC of some sort, besides the aerial Dracos. with the setting, we opted underground as the safest means of travel. It was challenge though, because we had to make it big enough to carry the group and the group's War Mounts (if necessary). Plus it had to have the necessary musculature and organic components to perform its task, so we built it to scale based off of that.
Strategic Badger tactics and subterranean strikes can be a game changer.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Picked up #74 yesterday. Gotta say, good work to all involved.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Premier wrote:
kaid wrote:Finally had a chance to finish reading the whole splicers article. Some pretty nifty stuff the samaritan gorehound varient although creepy as hell looking does seem to be a pretty handy member of a pack to have. The badger is a needed design definitely one of those things where you want to build up enough of them before you show them to the machine because the initial strikes those could make would be outstanding.

Thank you Kaid, sincerely puts a smile across my face to read your review. You truly get what we were trying to convey with everything and how to properly use it. The Badger was way...overdue, as player groups need an APC of some sort, besides the aerial Dracos. with the setting, we opted underground as the safest means of travel. It was challenge though, because we had to make it big enough to carry the group and the group's War Mounts (if necessary). Plus it had to have the necessary musculature and organic components to perform its task, so we built it to scale based off of that.
Strategic Badger tactics and subterranean strikes can be a game changer.

Question there were two odd damage listings that I was curious about if you know if the values were correct or not. The first was the mantis blade melee wrist weapon the damage listing for all blades used at 4d4x10 seems out of wack I think the x10 may have been added by mistake on that one. Second is the large bore cannon seems to have less damage and range to the medium one which seems odd.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

kaid wrote:Question there were two odd damage listings that I was curious about if you know if the values were correct or not. The first was the mantis blade melee wrist weapon the damage listing for all blades used at 4d4x10 seems out of wack I think the x10 may have been added by mistake on that one. Second is the large bore cannon seems to have less damage and range to the medium one which seems odd.

he already addressed those concerns. 3 posts up from yours i think, maybe 4.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Shark_Force wrote:
kaid wrote:Question there were two odd damage listings that I was curious about if you know if the values were correct or not. The first was the mantis blade melee wrist weapon the damage listing for all blades used at 4d4x10 seems out of wack I think the x10 may have been added by mistake on that one. Second is the large bore cannon seems to have less damage and range to the medium one which seems odd.

Apparently I am blind I saw the second post but not the first one haha.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Apparently I am blind I saw the second post but not the first one haha.

Naw..., its just a new type of Bio-Tech grenade that I accidentally dropped called Blind Siders.
Its knocks off most sensory array (machine and Bio) within 30 feet (9 m) for 1D6+2 melee attacks/actions.
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

Naw..., its just a new type of Bio-Tech grenade that I accidentally dropped called Blind Siders.
Its knocks off most sensory array (machine and Bio) within 30 feet (9 m) for 1D6+2 melee attacks/actions.

Okay even in a bad joke Premier come up with another awesome piece of equipment.

You know what I don't even care, I'm stealing this ... yup stolen

/waves jauntily and scampers off
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I'm just curious about the mantis blade?
the Dual blade does x6 damage as the single blade?
and both are one action?
Why would anyone ever use a single blade (or any other melee weapon?)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

eliakon wrote:I'm just curious about the mantis blade?
and both are one action?

We wanted to make sure we included playable stats just in case one of the Mantis Blades were broken off or destroyed, that at least one blade could still be utilized.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Premier wrote:
eliakon wrote:I'm just curious about the mantis blade?
and both are one action?

We wanted to make sure we included playable stats just in case one of the Mantis Blades were broken off or destroyed, that at least one blade could still be utilized.

Okay, I guess from that view it makes a little more sense.
If I am looking at it as "stub of critically damaged uber weapon" it seems more reasonable than "I hit you with one sword instead of two because I'm feeling nice" then its not x6 damage but 1/6th. *turns lens around* :bandit:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Splicers®”