Bio-Force Field and RADAR

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Bio-Force Field and RADAR

Unread post by NMI »

Would a creature/item with an ACTIVE Bio-Force Field provide a bigger or smaller radar return?
I tend to think it would be bigger as the EM energy from the radar pulse would scattered back in a large range due to the force field. At the same time, the EM energy could be scattered or diffused by the Force Field and provide little return.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Bio-Force Field and RADAR

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i would expect no difference.

there's no reason to expect radio waves to react to it in any way. therefore radar would not react.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I had always assumed the force field to be more or less skin-tight, which would make little noticeable difference on a RADAR screen. However, Shark_Force makes a good point, the force field doesn't stop all energy (light, for instance can pass through, so the operator can see) and seems only able to block "attacks". It is therefore also conceivable that RADAR is not hampered by the effect.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Well if the text doesn't address radar, then it means either the writer did not consider radar or radar is not effected.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Reading up on the Bio-Force Field, it states that it only protects the armor and the pilot wearing it... which suggests that it is form fitting rather than projected over an area. One can not use the force field to protect others or project it at a distance... it only protects the bio-tech using it and the one using that bio-tech (Host Armor, War Mount or whatever). As such, it suggest to me that it is a form fitting aura rather than a bubble surrounding the user. This also allows the user to actually pick up objects that a force bubble would (and should) prevent him from doing so. Since the force field more or less conforms to the body of the user, it shouldn't increase their RADAR signature to any significant degree.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Return to “Splicers®”