Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by Chronicler »

taalismn wrote:The thing with the Gate Universe is that the UEsG encountered multiple interations of it, like the Evangelion'verse, would be using it as an exercise in NOT using pure overkill to fix the situation, or cause total culture shock....Given that the JSDF(which is looking more and more like the Japanese Expeditionary Force in canon) is already scaring the bejesus out of the locals with hardware that's already a generation behind what the Russians and Americans are currently fielding, power armor, mecha, energy weapons, and starships(with orbital bombardment capability) would completely shatter their worldview(or they would slip into the comfortable 'it's very powerful magic/they're gods/demons mindset). The situation gets even worse if you toss in advanced, but militarized, societies like Rifts Earth or the United Worlds of Warlock who DO have powerful magicks, technowizardry, and things like dragons that can talk. NOT churning imperial armies into ashes would be the big problem.
I could see the UEsG using these Gate-clone worlds as exercise-grounds for teaching teams how to use restraint in dealing with less advanced societies...including the 20th/21st-century analogue Japanese.
Of course, there would be some high-powered hurdles, like how to deal with gods who actually have physical presences...and dealing with spot problems like the Flame Dragon(which could easily become a field or sim scenario on how to deal with the situation with a minimal application of force or minimum or casualties):
"Okay, the objective here is to have the same number of elves at the end of the night as you did at the beginning."
"Nuke the site from orbit."
"You do NOT have an Arclight option. People, we're also running this by high school kids, so THINK."

Staff Sergeant : "Commander these rookies can't do a damn thing right without wasting someone, or something for that matter. I'm about ready to wash them out."

Commander: "Hold on. I have an idea."

Staff Sergeant: "I'm all ear. What do you have in mind?"

Commander: :twisted:

Staff Sergeant: "Alright listen up! We just been issued new weapons for this training op. I expect you to have restraint with the local civies. I don't want a repeat of last week."

Rookie One: "It looks like our old rifles."

Staff Sergeant: "Nope, new internals. Better performance on the field."

*Some time later in the village*

Rookie Two: "Hey, isn't that the kid that stole your watch on leave?"

Rookie One: "Oh that little sh*t is going to get it." *points rifle* "HEY YOU!"

*Boy turns around and freezes at the site of a barrel pointing at his head*

Rookie One: *Pulls trigger*

SPLAT!

Rookie Two: "... Did you fire a paintball?"

Rookie One: "Wha-"

*Soon the villagers gather into a mob. Doesn't look good for the rookies.*

Staff Sergeant: *watching from a drone control room* "This'll get me a thousand views on my Youtube channel." :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Lieutenant Itami's leading his elf-force off to booby-trap the flame dragon's lair when there's the sound of intense thunder and bright flashes of light from ahead, interspersed with loud screams, some of which might be human, others most definitely not. Not being a total idiot, he orders a stop to the advance, at least until the sparks stop showering down around them.
Then he cautiously gestures a serpentine advance.
They're nearly to the slope of the crater when a cloud of smoke and dust wafts from the hole blown its side(it's looking rather like post-mega-eruption Mount St. Helens at this point).
Out of the cloud of dust, comes the sound of coughing and wheezing, and several humanoid figures lurch into view....
And there's the sound of...English?!
"...let's not do that again...."
"....better plan next time..."
"...there will be NO next time!"
"..I TOLD you we double the explosives!"
"...so we'd get caught in the blast radius?!"
The figures resolve into about a dozen people in uniforms and body armor limping along, utterly covered in soot, and some of them smouldering. Some of them are leaning on others for support, one's being carried entirely.
"Damnit, next time we're not taking that 'batchel' bidding crapanola thing! We're holding out for air and armored sup-hey, look, the JSDF's here!"
"..hi, jaydeeseef....."
"...hi..."
Itami: "... you guys killed the dragon?"
"Ah, no..."
Itami: (sinking feeling)
"We killed THREE dragons."
"BIG lizards."
"Clean-up in Aisle Three..."
"Special on dragon meat, already cooked."
"You can clean it up, right?"
"Might be a dragon-lady apostle-type still around...or maybe not."
Itami: "Ah, who are you guys?"
"Desperately in need of beer."
"And rest."
"And painkillers."
"And shrapnel removal."
".....say, you didn't see my teeth come down out here, did you?"
"Or my commonsense?"
"Come on, guys, let's get going before his backup arrives and we have to answer awkward questions."
Itami: "My backup?"
"Big army to the north of us, coming in fast. Sorry, don't wanna hang around...don't wanna get chewed out TWICE today...."
"See you around, jaydeeseef....."
" ...let's see the tank jocks top this...."
"...air support next time..."
"...there's NO NEXT TIME!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

(Down below...)

Charon: :shock: "Woah...that was actually intense!"
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

SRoss wrote:Hotaru: (Twirling the Silence Gleive) "I've got the most powerful weapon in anime! I've got the most powerful weapon in anime!" :D

BOB, Apostle of Dinochrome: <<I OBJECT!>>

Hotaru: "SILENCE!!!" :evil:

Bob is split down the middle....

Other Bolos: :shock: :shock: :shock: <<We withdraw our objection...>> :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: Ya, watched it already. Was a little surprised by that being #1 on the list.

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:that should be the crossover to the "Shinji Meets Warhammer 40K" universe..

:lol: You mean, like this? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5474237/1/40k-ToyHammer

no, this one:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3886999/1/ ... rhammer40k

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F ... rhammer40K

Exposure to a setting that is darker than the Eva universe yet pretty much runs on the power of awesome (early editions 40K) results in one heck of a genre shift and an ever snowballing plot derailment compared to the original anime story..

Ah, that one. Started reading that a while ago, then stopped. Need to get back to reading it.

taalismn wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:[
taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:that should be the crossover to the "Shinji Meets Warhammer 40K" universe..

Reminds me of when TSOALR's Kren steps on the Epic-scale Squat army.....

Another fanfiction story?

Turn Signals On a Land Raider, a WH40K webcomic that ran until it became too expensive for the author to keep working on it. His sponsorship ran out and Wild Wolf Games refused to allow him to publish compilated books of the cartoons.
One of the running gags in the series is that the characters, who KNOW they're gaming miniatures, often run into problems of actual physical SCALE, especially when the gamers running them don't have properly scaled models for certain types of pieces. Hence Titans that only come up to the knees of regular gaming figures, and Imperial Guard squads that are ant-like, even though gaming rules say they count as full-sized characters(this causes problems when the titular Land Raider literally runs into a Battle Titan because it was TOO SMALL to be seen from the LR's cockpit, despite the fact that in 'reality' that Titan would be on the order of 100 ft tall and about as easy to miss as a skyscrapper. The next round they get OBLITERATED pointblank by the midge.

:lol: Sounds like a fun read.

Arnie100 wrote:(Down below...)

Charon: "Come ON!! I WANNA SEE SOME ACTION!! You guys keep showing up down here so you might as well make it entertaining!!"

:lol:

taalismn wrote:

Charon: "Come ON!! I WANNA SEE SOME ACTION!! You guys keep showing up down here so you might as well make it entertaining!!"

Zeus: "Didn't know you were into that sort of thing, Charon."
Charon: "OH SHU-oops..." :shock:

Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

Division Commander: "I'm starting to think we're not a professional army anymore."

Staff Sergeant: *wearing a straw hat, sunglasses, and flip-flops* "Noooooo, what gave you that idea?"

Division Commander: :nh:
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:SRoss: (Tapping a stylus) "Well let's see what is planned. First, we're sending the crew of the Gargoyle to the Beta home world. We're sending the Deep Ones to the world of Arpeggio of Blue Steel. We're sending IceGuard to the world of GUNDAM Iron Blooded Orphans." :twisted:

Charon: "What about the Bolos?"

Taalismn: " They've been placed under Annie."

:lol: :lol: :eek: :shock: :? Thank goodnesss I don't live in that reality.

taalismn wrote:"Sir, surface party report from the Flame Dragon incident....there's been an 'oops'."
"An 'oops'?! It was a straightforward recon in force! There shouldn't be any 'oops' involved! How could there be an 'oops'?"
"The 'oops' was with the aftermath and clean up. When they were vacuuming up the elves. Or rather, what was left of them. "
"...This isn't anything about cultural objections to post-mortem revival, is it?"
"No, it's more like an accident in calibrating the post-mortem regeneration Protoculture Chamber run-sequences."
"....what did they turn into?"
"We got fifty-foot-tall dark elves...."
"....that's a lot of leather we're going to need..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SRoss wrote:Charon: "We don't usually get your kind here." :shock:

Bolo: <<She said we were under her command until we captured the cute. Sealing my gunports and volleying the Hellbores was all I could think of.>>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!

Chronicler wrote:
taalismn wrote:"Sir, surface party report from the Flame Dragon incident....there's been an 'oops'."
"An 'oops'?! It was a straightforward recon in force! There shouldn't be any 'oops' involved! How could there be an 'oops'?"
"The 'oops' was with the aftermath and clean up. When they were vacuuming up the elves. Or rather, what was left of them. "
"...This isn't anything about cultural objections to post-mortem revival, is it?"
"No, it's more like an accident in calibrating the post-mortem regeneration Protoculture Chamber run-sequences."
"....what did they turn into?"
"We got fifty-foot-tall dark elves...."
"....that's a lot of leather we're going to need..."

Que Division Commander beating the snot out of the techies.

Commander: "I am not getting in trouble with Command again because of you guys! NOT AGAIN!" :x

Head Technician: "GET THIS GUY OFF ME!"

Marine one: "Naw, we don't want him "letting out steam" on us. Plus this makes great Youtube videos anyways."

Marine two: *Filming on cellphone* "This'll get at least a thousand views on my channel."

taalismn wrote:
Chronicler wrote:[

Que Division Commander beating the snot out of the techies.

Commander: "I am not getting in trouble with Command again because of you guys! NOT AGAIN!" :x l."

Which makes you wonder what the medlab techies did LAST time.....

"You were only supposed to grow her a new body, not CLONE her several hundred times!"
"....not our fault the stem cells kept splitting off and forming viable colonies of their own! We HAD to keep the viable ones going as backup against clone failure!"
"...what are we going to do with several hundred Annie LaBelles?"

"Looking back at that, sir, I'm surprised they let you stay in the service."
"I had to lower myself to depth no man should bow to, jettison all dignity, jeopardize my personal honor, and possibly endanger my very soul..."
"I didn't think your dinner with Dana Sterling went that badly, by all accounts."
"Not THAT!!! Why does everybody assume the worst of her?! And that was a business lunch! You know she's happily married to that Zor guy in this thread!! Quit breaching the fourth wall!!!"

Or maybe....

"You idiots! The Major WANTED to remain a full conversion cyborg! And you had to suspect that her cyborg body didn't necessarily have to LOOK like her biological manifestation if you cloned her a new body!!!!"

:lol: :lol:
Alpha 11
Palladin

Charon: "Pissed off the base commander?"
Techie #1: "Yup."
Charon: "So...what've you got that'll let you stay down here instead of going back up there?"
Techie #2: :shock: "You're blackmailing us?!"
Charon: "That's such a harsh word..."

SRoss wrote:Techie #1: "Candid photos of Nova, Dana and Marie from when they experimented in the Academy."

:lol: :lol: :shock:

taalismn wrote::-x :-? "AMERICANS?! How the hell did you Americans get here?! Your president opted out of interfering in our Special Region, and then tried to bully us for access when he changed his mind! How in the devil did you get here?!"
:| "Have you bothered looking UP since you got here?"

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:Techie #1: "Candid photos of Nova, Dana and Marie from when they experimented in the Academy."

Charon: "REALLY, now....hmmm...okay, go ahead...wait...(looking at Techie #2)...what about YOU?"
Techie #2: "I thought it was a group thing!"

taalismn wrote:The thing with the Gate Universe is that the UEsG encountered multiple interations of it, like the Evangelion'verse, would be using it as an exercise in NOT using pure overkill to fix the situation, or cause total culture shock....Given that the JSDF(which is looking more and more like the Japanese Expeditionary Force in canon) is already scaring the bejesus out of the locals with hardware that's already a generation behind what the Russians and Americans are currently fielding, power armor, mecha, energy weapons, and starships(with orbital bombardment capability) would completely shatter their worldview(or they would slip into the comfortable 'it's very powerful magic/they're gods/demons mindset). The situation gets even worse if you toss in advanced, but militarized, societies like Rifts Earth or the United Worlds of Warlock who DO have powerful magicks, technowizardry, and things like dragons that can talk. NOT churning imperial armies into ashes would be the big problem.
I could see the UEsG using these Gate-clone worlds as exercise-grounds for teaching teams how to use restraint in dealing with less advanced societies...including the 20th/21st-century analogue Japanese.
Of course, there would be some high-powered hurdles, like how to deal with gods who actually have physical presences...and dealing with spot problems like the Flame Dragon(which could easily become a field or sim scenario on how to deal with the situation with a minimal application of force or minimum or casualties):
"Okay, the objective here is to have the same number of elves at the end of the night as you did at the beginning."
"You do NOT have an Arclight option. People, we're also running this by high school kids, so THINK."

:lol: :lol: I just SO love reading these!

Chronicler wrote:

Staff Sergeant : "Commander these rookies can't do a damn thing right without wasting someone, or something for that matter. I'm about ready to wash them out."

Commander: "Hold on. I have an idea."

Staff Sergeant: "I'm all ear. What do you have in mind?"

Commander: :twisted:

Staff Sergeant: "Alright listen up! We just been issued new weapons for this training op. I expect you to have restraint with the local civies. I don't want a repeat of last week."

Rookie One: "It looks like our old rifles."

Staff Sergeant: "Nope, new internals. Better performance on the field."

*Some time later in the village*

Rookie Two: "Hey, isn't that the kid that stole your watch on leave?"

Rookie One: "Oh that little sh*t is going to get it." *points rifle* "HEY YOU!"

*Boy turns around and freezes at the site of a barrel pointing at his head*

Rookie One: *Pulls trigger*

SPLAT!

Rookie Two: "... Did you fire a paintball?"

Rookie One: "Wha-"

*Soon the villagers gather into a mob. Doesn't look good for the rookies.*

Staff Sergeant: *watching from a drone control room* "This'll get me a thousand views on my Youtube channel." :twisted:

Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Lieutenant Itami's leading his elf-force off to booby-trap the flame dragon's lair when there's the sound of intense thunder and bright flashes of light from ahead, interspersed with loud screams, some of which might be human, others most definitely not. Not being a total idiot, he orders a stop to the advance, at least until the sparks stop showering down around them.
They're nearly to the slope of the crater when a cloud of smoke and dust wafts from the hole blown its side(it's looking rather like post-mega-eruption Mount St. Helens at this point).
Out of the cloud of dust, comes the sound of coughing and wheezing, and several humanoid figures lurch into view....
The figures resolve into about a dozen people in uniforms and body armor limping along, utterly covered in soot, and some of them smouldering. Some of them are leaning on others for support, one's being carried entirely.
"Damnit, next time we're not taking that 'batchel' bidding crapanola thing! We're holding out for air and armored sup-hey, look, the JSDF's here!"
"..hi, jaydeeseef....."
"...hi..."
"Ah, no..."
"BIG lizards."
"And rest."
"And painkillers."
"And shrapnel removal."
"Or my commonsense?"
"Come on, guys, let's get going before his backup arrives and we have to answer awkward questions."
"Big army to the north of us, coming in fast. Sorry, don't wanna hang around...don't wanna get chewed out TWICE today...."

Charon: :shock: "Woah...that was actually intense!"

Chronicler wrote:Division Commander: "I'm starting to think we're not a professional army anymore."

Staff Sergeant: *wearing a straw hat, sunglasses, and flip-flops* "Noooooo, what gave you that idea?"

Division Commander: :nh:

wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

taalismn wrote:Lieutenant Itami's leading his elf-force off to booby-trap the flame dragon's lair when there's the sound of intense thunder and bright flashes of light from ahead, interspersed with loud screams, some of which might be human, others most definitely not. Not being a total idiot, he orders a stop to the advance, at least until the sparks stop showering down around them.
"..hi, jaydeeseef....."
"...hi..."
"Ah, no..."
"BIG lizards."
"And rest."
"And painkillers."
"And shrapnel removal."
"Or my commonsense?"

This sounds like members of Aleph Squad. They're not afraid of enemies with overwhelming firepower, psychotic, god-power wielding cults, or even eldritch abominations. No, what they fear is being dressed down. Again. This week. Possibly multiples times in one day. Why? Because Aleph Squad's FIRST response in the field is the Scorched Earth policy. I could actually see some people likening members of Aleph to Bolo units that hadn't been borg'd up yet. Or there's an urban legend going around that all new Bolo units were actually originally members of Aleph Squad.
taalismn
Priest

"Okay....traditional 15th ATACS just had their go-round. You know, even with the open-cockpit Spartas, I was expecting more of a fight with the Flame Dragon..."
"That's because Nichols had the same idea Itami had about lining the nest with explosives...only cobalt explosives are MUCH more powerful than C4."
"And Sterling posted a proper overwatch, so Dante and Grant both got some good shots in when the dragon showed up early."
"I thought the arrival of the other two dragons would throw them offguard."
"Maybe for a minute or so, but Giselle had to make eyes at Zor Prime and it was ALL OVER."
"I've never seen a human-sized target punched in the face with a mecha before...." :shock:
"Running the main cannon down the hole punched in the side of the mountain and firing the full battery load in after was just...just...." :demon:
"Prgamatically Sterling may have realized the truism 'even if I can't kill you I can still knock you on your ass' VERY seriously, but I think there was also a bit of Righteous Indignation there."
"Well, Ice Guard is up next..."
"Wait, WHO?"

Itami: "What's with the GLACIER? That's rather odd for a FLAME dragon to be nesting on ice, don't you think?"
Fen: "That...that was not there yesterday! I do not understand!"
Yao: "Are the Men in White friends of the Men in Green?"
Itami: "Men in White? What are you talking about?"
(off in the distance we see several small forms in parkas skiing or snowshoing around the snow-covered crater)
(Cut to...GISELLE, frozen in a block of ice with her eyes :shock: ...."WHAT THE HIEEEEEE...?")

Charon: "So that's what happens when you supercool a superhot dragon..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Tolliver: "Um, why are we on a space colony?"

Twitch: "It's one of those GUNDAM universes. Apparently we're the only unit in the UEsG equipped from melee combat."

Believer: "Dibs on the masked ace!!!"
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Alpha 11 wrote:
SRoss wrote:Hotaru: (Twirling the Silence Gleive) "I've got the most powerful weapon in anime! I've got the most powerful weapon in anime!" :D

Other Bolos: :shock: :shock: :shock: <<We withdraw our objection...>> :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: Ya, watched it already. Was a little surprised by that being #1 on the list.

Probably because of the requirement that the weapon be portable. In that size range it's hard to top destroying an entire galaxy.
Arnie100
Knight

(Down below...)

Charon: "Why ME? WHY?!"
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Kali: "Wait til you see Bob react to being reincarnated as a bunch of Roombas." :twisted:
Arnie100
Knight

Bob: <<That's SSOOOO not right!!>> :nh:
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:Tolliver: "Um, why are we on a space colony?"

Twitch: "It's one of those GUNDAM universes. Apparently we're the only unit in the UEsG equipped from melee combat."

(as we cut to a montage of various masked Gundam characters getting stabbed, shot, bludgeoned, cremated, and more than a few looking off-camera with an 'OH SHI-" look on their faces visible even through the mask).

Well, the 37th Deep Ones DO have diving knives and spear guns, but they prefer to use torpedoes if at all possible....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

(as we cut to a montage of various masked Gundam characters getting stabbed, shot, bludgeoned, cremated, and more than a few looking off-camera with an 'OH SHI-" look on their faces visible even through the mask).

Well, the 37th Deep Ones DO have diving knives and spear guns, but they prefer to use torpedoes if at all possible....

"Captain Morgan! We've been invited to a carnival!"
Alpha 11
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:
"..hi, jaydeeseef....."
"...hi..."
"Ah, no..."
"BIG lizards."
"And rest."
"And painkillers."
"And shrapnel removal."
"Or my commonsense?"

This sounds like members of Aleph Squad. They're not afraid of enemies with overwhelming firepower, psychotic, god-power wielding cults, or even eldritch abominations. No, what they fear is being dressed down. Again. This week. Possibly multiples times in one day. Why? Because Aleph Squad's FIRST response in the field is the Scorched Earth policy. I could actually see some people likening members of Aleph to Bolo units that hadn't been borg'd up yet. Or there's an urban legend going around that all new Bolo units were actually originally members of Aleph Squad.

Interesting.

taalismn wrote:"Okay....traditional 15th ATACS just had their go-round. You know, even with the open-cockpit Spartas, I was expecting more of a fight with the Flame Dragon..."
"That's because Nichols had the same idea Itami had about lining the nest with explosives...only cobalt explosives are MUCH more powerful than C4."
"And Sterling posted a proper overwatch, so Dante and Grant both got some good shots in when the dragon showed up early."
"I thought the arrival of the other two dragons would throw them offguard."
"Maybe for a minute or so, but Giselle had to make eyes at Zor Prime and it was ALL OVER."
"I've never seen a human-sized target punched in the face with a mecha before...." :shock:
"Running the main cannon down the hole punched in the side of the mountain and firing the full battery load in after was just...just...." :demon:
"Prgamatically Sterling may have realized the truism 'even if I can't kill you I can still knock you on your ass' VERY seriously, but I think there was also a bit of Righteous Indignation there."
"Well, Ice Guard is up next..."
"Wait, WHO?"

Itami: "What's with the GLACIER? That's rather odd for a FLAME dragon to be nesting on ice, don't you think?"
Fen: "That...that was not there yesterday! I do not understand!"
Yao: "Are the Men in White friends of the Men in Green?"
Itami: "Men in White? What are you talking about?"
(off in the distance we see several small forms in parkas skiing or snowshoing around the snow-covered crater)
(Cut to...GISELLE, frozen in a block of ice with her eyes :shock: ...."WHAT THE HIEEEEEE...?")

Charon: "So that's what happens when you supercool a superhot dragon..."

:lol: :lol: Nice one!

SRoss wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

Probably because of the requirement that the weapon be portable. In that size range it's hard to top destroying an entire galaxy.

For that size, VERY true.

Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:

Kali: "Wait til you see Bob react to being reincarnated as a bunch of Roombas." :twisted:

Arnie100 wrote:Bob: <<That's SSOOOO not right!!>> :nh:

taalismn wrote:

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

:lol: :shock: Well, at least she takes the rule of "There is no such thing as overkill" to heart. :D
Arnie100
Knight

Bob: <<Why do I get the feeling that this will end badly?>>
Charon: "You're asking ME??"
taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:[

Somewhere, Minmei feels a twinge of jealously at potentially being upstaged, until she remembers she had a FLEET and REFLEX CANNON for stage pyrotechnics....... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

:shock: "Minmei has a SPACE FLEET?!"
:frazz: "We're DOOMED!!"
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote::shock: "Minmei has a SPACE FLEET?!"

Ah, impressionable minds...how soon they forget.

Crossover Minmei has a mercantile fleet...or at least a flotilla...based out of UEsG Tirol. Given that the sector's been at peace for over a decade now, space commerce, even(or maybe ESPECIALLY) with transdimensional commerce) has been booming, and the Tirol shipyards have been competing commercially with the Karbarreans' rebuilt merchant-marine. UEsG Earth and UEsG/EVA-Earth are starting to catch up with the Sol System yards, but their real strengths are in design. UEsG Appleseed Earth is also starting to produce indigenous commercial designs, but they have a ways to go before they can come anywhere close to the output of the core Robotech worlds.
Most of the designs are derivations of old Tirolian designs, or commercially revamped Zentraedi hulls, while the Terrans are doing well with derivations of the Garfish and even some battleship hulls. There's been some talk of building new interstellar arkships on the scale of the old RMotherships, but there's been recent and surprise word that the Invid have been interested in GROWING Hiveships for commercial rental(with Invid crews, of course). Cargo vessels larger than an Ikazuchi, however, tend to be operated by government agencies rather than purely private concerns.
Minmei's private mercantile flotilla probably doesn't have more than a dozen ships and anything larger than an old Zentraedi destroyer at best, but that's still a LOT of cargo capacity available. There's larger commercial concerns out there, but a dozen or so starships is nothing to sneeze at and with good management can allow the owners to laugh condescendingly at modern-day billionaire fortunes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

Crossover Minmei has a mercantile fleet...or at least a flotilla...based out of UEsG Tirol. Given that the sector's been at peace for over a decade now, space commerce, even(or maybe ESPECIALLY) with transdimensional commerce) has been booming, and the Tirol shipyards have been competing commercially with the Karbarreans' rebuilt merchant-marine. UEsG Earth and UEsG/EVA-Earth are starting to catch up with the Sol System yards, but their real strengths are in design. UEsG Appleseed Earth is also starting to produce indigenous commercial designs, but they have a ways to go before they can come anywhere close to the output of the core Robotech worlds.
Most of the designs are derivations of old Tirolian designs, or commercially revamped Zentraedi hulls, while the Terrans are doing well with derivations of the Garfish and even some battleship hulls. There's been some talk of building new interstellar arkships on the scale of the old RMotherships, but there's been recent and surprise word that the Invid have been interested in GROWING Hiveships for commercial rental(with Invid crews, of course). Cargo vessels larger than an Ikazuchi, however, tend to be operated by government agencies rather than purely private concerns.
Minmei's private mercantile flotilla probably doesn't have more than a dozen ships and anything larger than an old Zentraedi destroyer at best, but that's still a LOT of cargo capacity available. There's larger commercial concerns out there, but a dozen or so starships is nothing to sneeze at and with good management can allow the owners to laugh condescendingly at modern-day billionaire fortunes.

Minmei: (Looking at a bunch of Presidential candidates) "YOU'RE FIRED!" :badbad:
taalismn
Priest

Mimmei:"It's good to own a small moon."
"Unless that moon is Endor or around Yavin."
Minmei: "Hush. Ye shall not evoke the anger of Lucasfilm."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Arnie100 wrote:Bob: <<Why do I get the feeling that this will end badly?>>
Charon: "You're asking ME??"

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:[

Somewhere, Minmei feels a twinge of jealously at potentially being upstaged, until she remembers she had a FLEET and REFLEX CANNON for stage pyrotechnics....... :twisted:

taalismn wrote:

Cool info.

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Minmei: (Looking at a bunch of Presidential candidates) "YOU'RE FIRED!" :badbad:

:lol: :lol: Well, all we can hope for is that one that wins will be half way descent.

taalismn wrote:Mimmei:"It's good to own a small moon."
"Unless that moon is Endor or around Yavin."
Minmei: "Hush. Ye shall not evoke the anger of Lucasfilm."

taalismn
Priest

:lol: :lol: Well, all we can hope for is that one that wins will be half way descent.
:

Long ago, I can't remember when, my view of politics became not 'who shall lead us?' to 'who will do the least damage to us?' :|
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:
:

Long ago, I can't remember when, my view of politics became not 'who shall lead us?' to 'who will do the least damage to us?' :|

Since I started voting, I can't remember when that wasn't my view.
taalismn
Priest

Moran: "I don't know if it was a relief to my sense of responsibility or a blow to my pride when I learned that my constituents vote to keep me in office because I'm the 'lesser of the evils' and 'as long as he doesn't completely ball the government over'."
Leonard: "Better than I'm doing...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

(Down below...)

Charon: :twisted: "I can't wait to get those two down here! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

(Monument City...)

Moran: :shock: "Did you just hear evil laughter??"
Leonard: :frazz: "That's just your imagination...I hope."
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Martin Shkreli: "Miss, Regess is it? Have you ever considered patenting the Flower of Life?"

Charon: "Wow! Its been a while since I've seen someone teleported into the Sun."
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
:

Sadly, I'm starting to get the same way.

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:
:

Since I started voting, I can't remember when that wasn't my view.

Well, I had some faith when I started voting, but that has gone down over the years.

taalismn wrote:Moran: "I don't know if it was a relief to my sense of responsibility or a blow to my pride when I learned that my constituents vote to keep me in office because I'm the 'lesser of the evils' and 'as long as he doesn't completely ball the government over'."
Leonard: "Better than I'm doing...."

Charon: :twisted: "I can't wait to get those two down here! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

(Monument City...)

Moran: :shock: "Did you just hear evil laughter??"
Leonard: :frazz: "That's just your imagination...I hope."

SRoss wrote:Martin Shkreli: "Miss, Regess is it? Have you ever considered patenting the Flower of Life?"

Charon: "Wow! Its been a while since I've seen someone teleported into the Sun."

:lol: Now what he did was just plan wrong. I can understand a new drug being high to recover the costs at first, but that was just wrong. :evil:
taalismn
Priest

Oh my god...the Robotechers have crossed over the Fourth Wall again...

Rand:"On one hand civilization here isn't threatened by interstellar extinction, food and drink and books are inexpensive to come by, and gas is cheap.
On the other hand there's some #### going down here that makes me actually miss the simplicity of being chased by the Invid..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:Oh my god...the Robotechers have crossed over the Fourth Wall again...

Rand:"On one hand civilization here isn't threatened by interstellar extinction, food and drink and books are inexpensive to come by, and gas is cheap.
On the other hand there's some #### going down here that makes me actually miss the simplicity of being chased by the Invid...
"

SRoss: "At least our world hasn't reached the point that Lancer is singing Ian Thomas' Pilot..."
Arnie100
Knight

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:Oh my god...the Robotechers have crossed over the Fourth Wall again...

On the other hand there's some #### going down here that makes me actually miss the simplicity of being chased by the Invid...
"

SRoss: "At least our world hasn't reached the point that Lancer is singing Ian Thomas' Pilot..."

"At least he'll remember the lyrics to the national anthem...unlike Christina Aguilera."
"How do you forget the lyrics to the National Anthem?" :-?
Last edited by Arnie100 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

"

"At least he'll remember the lyrics to the national anthem...unlike Christina Aguilea."

"Its not like she has the excuse that half of it is in French like our's."
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Meanwhile on the World of Remnant...

Sarah: (Watching Velvet do her thing) "Well that's cool."

Erin: (Giggling while drawing a beed on Neo's parasol) "You think that's good? You should have seen what happened to Torchwick." :mrgreen:
Arnie100
Knight

"At least its never as bad as the half-time shows..."
"Can you imagine MINMEI doing a half-time show?"
"The only way that would be exciting is if she had a wardrobe malfunction..."
"The commercials would be better entertainment..."
Minmei: "HHHEEEYYY!!" :x
"Ooopss...she heard us!"
"SO?"
"Uhmm, there's a red laser dot right between your eyes."
:shock:
taalismn
Priest

Crossover Minmei: "Nah...I'll just have one of my merchant crews drop your drugged body off in some remote corner of the megaverse and shipped to an even further corner from there..."

"Oh god...she's married into ORGANIZED CRIME!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Arnie100 wrote:"At least its never as bad as the half-time shows..."
"Ooopss...she heard us!"
"SO?"

"Actually I'd suspect that she'd aim lower." :frazz:
Alpha 11
Palladin

On the other hand there's some #### going down here that makes me actually miss the simplicity of being chased by the Invid..."

:lol: Well, no place is perfect.

SRoss wrote:

"

Not my type of music.

Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

"

"At least he'll remember the lyrics to the national anthem...unlike Christina Aguilera."

Now that's bad.

SRoss wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
SRoss wrote:

"

"At least he'll remember the lyrics to the national anthem...unlike Christina Aguilea."

"Its not like she has the excuse that half of it is in French like our's."

SRoss wrote:Meanwhile on the World of Remnant...

Sarah: (Watching Velvet do her thing) "Well that's cool."

Erin: (Giggling while drawing a beed on Neo's parasol) "You think that's good? You should have seen what happened to Torchwick." :mrgreen:

"Ooopss...she heard us!"
"SO?"

taalismn wrote:Crossover Minmei: "Nah...I'll just have one of my merchant crews drop your drugged body off in some remote corner of the megaverse and shipped to an even further corner from there..."

"Oh god...she's married into ORGANIZED CRIME!"

SRoss wrote:
"Ooopss...she heard us!"
"SO?"

"Actually I'd suspect that she'd aim lower." :frazz:

taalismn
Priest

BattleGroup Norma Take on the Flame Dragon:

Salamandinay: "Can I talk to it first? This just seems so wrong to just kill it."
Ange: "Knock yourself out."
Salamandinay: (dragonspeak)
Flame Dragon: SNAP! ROAR! FLAME!
Salamandinay:(wobbling back, looking rather well-done)"...changed my mind. You can kill the ####."
Ange: "Okay, let's ice this overgrown firefly."
Giselle: "Oh, what do we have here?" :demon:
Ange:(facepalms) "Don't tell me...."
Tusk: "Yeah, it's another dragon-lady."
Hilda: "Hey, Sala! You wanna talk to this one too, or can we just skip to the violent part?"
(Violence insues)
Yao:" ...I want one of those outfits...in black, or course..."

UEsG Observer 1: "Well...give them points for trying a peaceful resolution. Also give them points for realizing sometimes there IS no peaceful resolution possible. Not as fast as the 15th, or Ice Guard, but still good speed."
Observer 2: "Mighta gone faster if they'd brought their own dragons....like, say, galleon-sized."
Observer 1: "Right, and scare the resident elves who were already terrified of big lizards. Thanks for reminding me; they get points for thinking of that and NOT bringing any male Aurans. Though I admit that would have been even bigger curbstomp. Especially when the JSDF showed up."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:BattleGroup Norma Take on the Flame Dragon:

Salamandinay: "Can I talk to it first? This just seems so wrong to just kill it."
Ange: "Knock yourself out."
Salamandinay: (dragonspeak)
Flame Dragon: SNAP! ROAR! FLAME!
Salamandinay:(wobbling back, looking rather well-done)"...changed my mind. You can kill the ####."
Ange: "Okay, let's ice this overgrown firefly."
Giselle: "Oh, what do we have here?" :demon:
Ange:(facepalms) "Don't tell me...."
Tusk: "Yeah, it's another dragon-lady."
Hilda: "Hey, Sala! You wanna talk to this one too, or can we just skip to the violent part?"
(Violence insues)
Yao:" ...I want one of those outfits...in black, or course..."

UEsG Observer 1: "Well...give them points for trying a peaceful resolution. Also give them points for realizing sometimes there IS no peaceful resolution possible. Not as fast as the 15th, or Ice Guard, but still good speed."
Observer 2: "Mighta gone faster if they'd brought their own dragons....like, say, galleon-sized."
Observer 1: "Right, and scare the resident elves who were already terrified of big lizards. Thanks for reminding me; they get points for thinking of that and NOT bringing any male Aurans. Though I admit that would have been even bigger curbstomp. Especially when the JSDF showed up."

:lol: :lol: I just LOVE crossovers. :D :love:
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, Ice Guard utterly BLITZED the scenario by creating/dropping a GLACIER on the Flame Dragon's nest, supercooled the dragon, then shattered it into bite-sized chunks of dragon salsa. Then when Giselle and the Flame Dragon's kids showed up, they got buried by an avalanche coming down off the rim of the crater. When both dragons dug their way out from under the ice and snow, they immediately got their heads sliced off by a giant kukri knife and a battleaxe respectively. Then when Giselle got her head up, she got punched hard by ten-foot boulders of ice, until she got popsicled.
The local Roldom Valley dark elves were eating cold dragon-cuts for months...and learning to ski.
Hardy got so disgusted with how fast her Apostle got taken down, she got Ice Guard thrown back out-dimension...but not before they managed to deep-air-condition her temple at Belnarso(Bellnahgo?)(the priests there were complaining of frostbite for MONTHS), and starting acquiring a rep as 'the DemiGods of Winter' .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Annie: "Pithhht! Men! You do everything the hard way... Let me talk to them."

Fire Dragon, Giselle, the Dragon Kids & everyone else present: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Arnie100
Knight

Scott: (Looking at Lunk...) "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING HER!!"
Lunk: "I was distracted!"
Rook: "By WHAT?!"
Lunk: (Staring at the plate of food on his lap...) "Wwweelll..."
Scott and Rook: :nh:
taalismn
Priest

Scott: "I'm telling you, we're here to help you!"
Dark Elf: "But-, but, but-, SHE'S A DRAGON!!!!!"
Annie: "Really? I am? I always thought I was a sloth."
Rand: "We tried to tell you..."
Rook: "You're WAY too fast for a sloth."
Lunk: "We figured you just assumed you were a pangolin maybe..."
Arial: (to elves) "I have no idea what they're talking about either."
Lancer: "Please quit trolling the elves."
Elves: "'Trolling'? What trolls? We're ELVES! And she's a DRAGON!"
Rand: "We already established that."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Giselle: "Um, I'll just leave now." :erm:

Hotaru: "Oh, we insist you stay." :twisted:
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Yeah, Ice Guard utterly BLITZED the scenario by creating/dropping a GLACIER on the Flame Dragon's nest, supercooled the dragon, then shattered it into bite-sized chunks of dragon salsa. Then when Giselle and the Flame Dragon's kids showed up, they got buried by an avalanche coming down off the rim of the crater. When both dragons dug their way out from under the ice and snow, they immediately got their heads sliced off by a giant kukri knife and a battleaxe respectively. Then when Giselle got her head up, she got punched hard by ten-foot boulders of ice, until she got popsicled.
The local Roldom Valley dark elves were eating cold dragon-cuts for months...and learning to ski.
Hardy got so disgusted with how fast her Apostle got taken down, she got Ice Guard thrown back out-dimension...but not before they managed to deep-air-condition her temple at Belnarso(Bellnahgo?)(the priests there were complaining of frostbite for MONTHS), and starting acquiring a rep as 'the DemiGods of Winter' .

SRoss wrote:Annie: "Pithhht! Men! You do everything the hard way... Let me talk to them."

Fire Dragon, Giselle, the Dragon Kids & everyone else present: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol: Nice song.

Arnie100 wrote:Scott: (Looking at Lunk...) "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING HER!!"
Lunk: "I was distracted!"
Rook: "By WHAT?!"
Lunk: (Staring at the plate of food on his lap...) "Wwweelll..."
Scott and Rook: :nh:

taalismn wrote:Scott: "I'm telling you, we're here to help you!"
Dark Elf: "But-, but, but-, SHE'S A DRAGON!!!!!"
Annie: "Really? I am? I always thought I was a sloth."
Rand: "We tried to tell you..."
Rook: "You're WAY too fast for a sloth."
Lunk: "We figured you just assumed you were a pangolin maybe..."
Arial: (to elves) "I have no idea what they're talking about either."
Lancer: "Please quit trolling the elves."
Elves: "'Trolling'? What trolls? We're ELVES! And she's a DRAGON!"
Rand: "We already established that."

:lol: :lol: Nice!

SRoss wrote:Giselle: "Um, I'll just leave now." :erm:

Hotaru: "Oh, we insist you stay." :twisted:

SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Dana: (In Guardian mode, firing at the waves of Grim charging them) "I'm glad they're enjoying themselves in the world of Gate, but we've got a dragon that **** monsters!"

Darkmoon: (Aiming at the dragon) "I'm handling it."

Suddenly Darkmoon is staggered by pain as Adam slashes his back through the battle armour.

Darkmoon: (Jettisoning his now useless armour) "Th that's not possible!" :shock:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”