Splicers: Blood and Iron is in!!!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Splicers: Blood and Iron is in!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

It's official. The manuscript is in. If you liked the taste in Rifter #70, you're going to LOVE the book. Call the office, send e-mails, post on the Palladium Books facebook page. Do whatever it takes, but let them know you want to see more Splicers.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Re: Splicers: Blood and Iron is in!!!

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:It's official. The manuscript is in. If you liked the taste in Rifter #70, you're going to LOVE the book. Call the office, send e-mails, post on the Palladium Books facebook page. Do whatever it takes, but let them know you want to see more Splicers.

Congratulations! I want 4 copies at least!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Awesome!!!! :D
The Dragon Has Spoken
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The Splice shall flow.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Call the office, send e-mails, post on the Palladium Books facebook page. Do whatever it takes, but let them know you want to see more Splicers.

THIS!!! All day long!!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Call the office, send e-mails, post on the Palladium Books facebook page. Do whatever it takes, but let them know you want to see more Splicers.

THIS!!! All day long!!

Right!?! Guy, Krispy and i worked too hard for too long to see it in limbo.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

Ok so which e-mail address do we spliceheads send to DEMAND our much wanted and I think deserved source books for our beloved Splicers?
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

That sound you hear is the sound of me throwing money at my monitor.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

BookWyrm wrote:The Splice shall flow.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Given the other things sharing this title... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Iron

What about 'blood and metal' ? I don't think the machine exclusively uses iron anyway.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:

THIS!!! All day long!!

Yes we did .... The Splice Must Flow!!!
Last edited by krispy on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
connecting the dots
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:

THIS!!! All day long!!

And a damn good job you guys did.

Although Heroes Unlimited is my preferred setting for Palladium and I would love to see more material for it, I suggested to Kevin that this book "Blood and Iron" needs to be done ASAP.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

NMI wrote:And a damn good job you guys did.
Although Heroes Unlimited is my preferred setting for Palladium and I would love to see more material for it, I suggested to Kevin that this book "Blood and Iron" needs to be done ASAP.

Thanks mate :)
connecting the dots
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The Hellboy movie was pretty cool.

I hear that the "Heroes" TV series is getting a sequel called "Heroes Reborn". I find that lame since the term was already in use by Marvel Comics.

Remember when Palladium Books made a fuss about some film being called 'Heroes Unlimited' so they changed to 'Heroes Limited' or something?

This is like... kinda similar.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Tor wrote:The Hellboy movie was pretty cool.

I hear that the "Heroes" TV series is getting a sequel called "Heroes Reborn". I find that lame since the term was already in use by Marvel Comics.

Remember when Palladium Books made a fuss about some film being called 'Heroes Unlimited' so they changed to 'Heroes Limited' or something?

*shrug* imo the main drawback to US IP law is that you basically have to be a gigantic jerk about your IP or you risk losing it. not that it's necessarily a major risk, but if 100,000 people have heard of heroes unlimited the pen and paper RPG and 100,000,000 people have heard of the movie heroes unlimited, it may not end up well for you.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Awesome news GK - Splicers is such a cool and unique setting it, and the Spliceheads, deserves some sweet sweet lovin'.

I had a lot of the Rifters with Splicer material, but lost track - I'll have to pick up #70 now :ok:
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tor wrote:The Hellboy movie was pretty cool.

Proof please!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Synthetic muscles, Tecjacs becomeing their own culture and info on the age before NEXUS. All that seems to be missing is a Gore hounds equivalent and a chart for making your own MechoMount.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

NMI wrote:
Tor wrote:Remember when Palladium Books made a fuss about some film being called 'Heroes Unlimited' so they changed to 'Heroes Limited' or something?
Proof please!

It's a hard thing to google, but I did notice mention of a 2007 digital short called Heroes Unlimited on this guy's page https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-pi ... /a/684/589

PRODUCER (FILM)
-BLOCKED (Digital Feature - 2006)
-NO WOMAN LEFT BEHIND (Digital Short - 2007)
-HEROES UNLIMITED (Digital Short - 2007)
-MIDNIGHT SUN (Hi-Def Short - 2001)

Doesn't appear on his IMDB though: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2270956/

I could've sworn there was a thread about it at some point. I definitely remember visiting the film's web page and noticing they had changed the name.

Not sure if it was at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://her ... mited.com/ at some point since getting a Robots.Txt error. Nothing there now.

As for the .net in 2008 appears to have hosted a game while in 2012 hosted some hero-honoring thing so I don't think that's it.

http://web.archive.org/web/200402051019 ... mited.org/ was some kind of guilt, not sure for what game.
The Galactus Kid

Kevin has been on a roll in the weekly updates discussing Splicers. I wonder if that trend is going to continue today?

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Kevin has been on a roll in the weekly updates discussing Splicers. I wonder if that trend is going to continue today?

I am ready for some concrete info. :)
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
The Galactus Kid

Wooly wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Kevin has been on a roll in the weekly updates discussing Splicers. I wonder if that trend is going to continue today?

I am ready for some concrete info. :)

You and me both, brother.

The Galactus Kid

Well, Splicers was mentioned, but no solid news yet.

Return to “Splicers®”