House Saurs Prolog/Intro

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kakuma
Wanderer
Comment: ""It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, The lips acquire stain, The stain becomes a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.""

House Saurs Prolog/Intro

Unread post by Kakuma »

This is just a quick note regarding the command structure of House Saurs. I actually got the idea for the three separate ruling classes from Robotech. Unfortunately when B5 was playing in my hometown I missed it because of all of the hours I was working to support my deadbeat roommates (but that is a sob story for another time). House Saurs was subdivided into 9 Clans. There are currently 6 active member Clans, and 3 banished Clans. Beginning under House Saurs are Clan Mendel then Clan Watson, Clan Crick, Clan Wallace, Clan Tschermak, and Clan Swaminathan. The three so called fallen or banished Clans were given a choice, either exile to the main lands or complete destruction down to the very last cell. They all chose exile over death and had their original names stripped, they were given the new names of Clan Mengele, Clan Ishii, and Clan Taha AL-Azawi. More detailed command structure info and what each Clan focuses on development wise (One Clan will work on Archangels, another Skinjobs, Biotics and so on.) will be posted shortly.

As always I welcome any and all comments and constructive criticism. As I post my actual House Saurs history I really hope that people on staff or have been published to lend me your critical eye and feel free to make any recommendations to make it better. My hope is to some day get it published in either The Rifter or a future Splicers Source book.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."
Wooly
Adventurer

Re: House Saurs Prolog/Intro

Unread post by Wooly »

What is B5?

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

A small offering for your endeavor;

"...and only by standing as one force, our nine families, our Clans, as one House, do we stand a chance of victory over the hated Machine and it's forces! Brothers and sisters, we must unite!"
--quote most attributed to the first Warlord of House Saurs, during the first years of the War Against The Machine.

".....it is the Judgement of the remaining Leadership of United House Saurs that the three Fallen clans shall be punished for their treachery. But we are not so cold as the hated Machine as to mimic it's tactics. The Fallen Clans have chosen Exile from this House as punishment. Their forces shall be removed from our holdings, their true names stricken from our records and memory, and their new names spoken with not with hate, but distaste and shame. They are not our true enemy, they are still human, and we still share a common foe."
--words of the Father of the current Warlord of (United) House Saurs.

(from the intelligence report of Ammon Kellis, Deliveryman and Ambassador-At-Large of House Tressek)
House Saurs, often referred as United House Saurs, is a rarity in the Resistance Forces, being made up of several smaller families, or Clans, of noted warriors and other occupations, into a cohesive force. Originally consisting of nine Clans, three were later removed and banished due to crimes committed against the other six (details are later forthcoming as negotiations proceed). The House, even at the diminished number of Clans within, functions like any other House, with the families' members overlapping occupations, skills and resources into a cohesive force. Should House Saurs reveal the 'open secret' of this cohesiveness, I recommend this be shared with other more disparate Houses to enable them to minimize in-fighting (both internally and without).
Last edited by BookWyrm on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Kakuma
Wanderer
Comment: ""It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, The lips acquire stain, The stain becomes a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.""

Unread post by Kakuma »

Wooly wrote:What is B5?

Thank you for looking over what I posted, and thanks for the question. B5 refers to the Sci fi TV series "Babylon 5". In the first version of this house krispy asked if I got the idea for the three departments from that show. :-)
Last edited by Kakuma on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Should ever be forgot."
Kakuma
Wanderer

Unread post by Kakuma »

BookWyrm wrote:A small offering for your endeavor;

"...and only by standing as one force, our nine families, our Clans, as one House, do we stand a chance of victory over the hated Machine and it's forces! Brothers and sisters, we must unite!"
--quote most attributed to the first Warlord of House Saurs, during the first years of the War Against The Machine.

".....it is the Judgement of the remaining Leadership of United House Saurs that the three Fallen clans shall be punished for their treachery. But we are not so cold as the hated Machine as to mimic it's tactics. The Fallen Clans have chosen Exile from this House as punishment. Their forces shall be removed from our holdings, their true names stricken from our recods and memory, and their new names spoken with not with hate, but distaste and shame. They are not our true enemy, they are still human, and we still share a common foe."
--words of the Father of the current Warlord of (United) House Saurs.

(from the intelligence report of Ammon Kellis, Deliveryman and Ambassador-At-Large of House Tressek)
House Saurs, often referred as United House Saurs, is a rarity in the Resistance Forces, being made up of several smaller families, or Clans, of noted warriors and other occupations, into a cohesive force. Originally consisting of nine Clans, three were later removed and banished due to crimes committed against the other six (details are later forthcoming as negotiations proceed). The House, even at the diminished number of Clans within, functions like any other House, with the families' members overlapping occupations, skills and resources into a cohesive force. Should House Saurs reveal the 'open secret' of this cohesiveness, I recommend this be shared with other more disparate Houses to enable them to minimize in-fighting (both internally and without).

Three words, "Awesome" and "Thank you". I hope the "final" story does not disappoint you and what you wrote. Seriously thank you for adding to my story line. :-D :oops: :D
Should ever be forgot."
BookWyrm
Champion

Glad I could contribute. :)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Kakuma wrote:
Wooly wrote:What is B5?

Thank you for looking over what I posted, and thanks for the question. B5 refers to the Sci fi TV series "Babylon 5". In the first version of this house krispy asked if I got the idea for the three departments from that show. :-)

In what aspect? What group had three departments.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Kakuma
Wanderer

Unread post by Kakuma »

I don't know for sure but I think it was the aliens, that Billy Mummy played, called the Membari. :)
Should ever be forgot."
BookWyrm
Champion

The Mimbari from Babylon 5 had 3 castes: Warrior, Religious and Laborer. Their leadership, the Council, was comprised of noted leaders of each of these. The wikipedia entry goes into better detail;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minbari
Str-8 male Dom/Top;

Return to “Splicers®”