A quick way to prime a lot of minis?

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

A quick way to prime a lot of minis?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just wandering if there is a quick way to prime a lot of minis at once. Got a lot of them and OH is coming up fast, so I want to get them all finished as fast as possible. So any suggestions?
IWillNeverGrowUp
D-Bee

Re: A quick way to prime a lot of minis?

Unread post by IWillNeverGrowUp »

Line them up and spray them (spray can or airbrush primer) - top, front, sides, back.
Let them dry a couple of hours, tip them on their side and spray from underneath.

repeat as necessary.

That's the quickest way I know how.
tdumontelle
D-Bee

Unread post by tdumontelle »

I put about 6 models face down on a paper plate. Plastic models I prime with Testors matte black spray. You can spray at one angle, turn the plate 90 degrees and spray, and keep doing that until they are all covered. After the backs dry, I turn them over and spray the front the same way. I can usually work on two plates at once and then rotate two new plates in.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Thanks guys!
Maxgravity
D-Bee

Unread post by Maxgravity »

If you are using an airbrush, the dry time on primer is a lot closer to 15-30 minutes unless you just absolutely cake it on which is a bad habit anyway. Also dry times can be accelerated by using a hairdryer set on low and moving it fairy constantly so you don't get a hotspot on the model.

-MaxGravity

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”