Gen Con 2015 Event Submission Process, Q&A

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Gen Con 2015 Event Submission Process, Q&A

Unread post by NMI »

Hello to all MA's. This PM and emails sent earlier this evening is the beginning of our process to get games submitted to Gen Con in a fashion similar to last year.

As of right now, we will be limited to running 5 concurrent events at the same time in the same room. Change from initial emails: we do not have a "limit" perse, but we should try to keep the max concurrent events close to 5. Around 5-7. This is mainly to make sure we can get all of us into one room. If we need more concurrent "table time", I will see what we can do.

For those of you involved last year, you know that we pretty much packed every table with a few exceptions. If enough of you submit events, it is possible that we can get either a larger room or we might get authorization to run more concurrent events. Depending on the potential costs, we are looking at the possibility of simply renting our own room, but that depends on the costs involved.

Please fill out the attached document / form & return it back to ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com. In the subject line, put "Gen Con Event Submission" or something to that effect. This form is based on what you would see if you submitted your event on Gen Con's site except that it is tweaked for our needs.

1st round of submissions is needed by the end of this month, January 31st to be pretty much guaranteed that your event will be in the event/catalogue book. This will give me and Pat aka "Phaze", 1 week to work on the schedule.

2nd AND FINAL round of event submissions can be submitted no later than March 1st. This gives me and Path approximately 2 weeks to finalize all details in regards to the schedule and any needed changes. Event submission closes March 13th, so myself AND Pat MUST have your event submissions in time for us to review them and submit them on your behalf.

* Please keep in mind that the following information could change at any time due to changes made by Gen Con or as myself and Pat get more details from Gen Con.

FAQ
Q. Why am I sending Palladium my event submissions? I can submit them myself.
A. This is being done so that we can get as many Palladium Books events running in the same room, at the same time as possible.

Q. How many events do I need to run in order to qualify for a complimentary GM Badge?
A. Per the Gen Con site, you need to run at least 70 "player hours" worth of events. This is determined by taking the maximum # of players you expect for your event multiplied by maximum # of hours for your event.
Ex: A 4-hour event for 4-6 people would generate 24 "player hours". You would need to run 3 events in order to get a free badge.

Q. What if I am only running 1 game or event?
A. This is where the beauty of being a part of the MA program shines through. By submitting all of the events through 1 account, we can pool ALL of the potential player hours and use that to help generate more "free" badges thus helping out those who might only be running 1 event.

Q. What should I do if I have already submitted my events to Gen Con?
A. Send an email to events@gencon.com. Provide your Event ID and ask that you have it transferred to the dashboard assigned to Jeff Ruiz,ID# 135200, email nmi@thedeificnmi.com

Q. I need to get a badge before Gen Con in order to register for a spot on the Hotel Block.
A. Purchase your own badge and then once at Gen Con and you have your GM badge, you can head over to the Gen Con GM Headquarters to seek reimbursement.

Q. How do I receive my GM badge?
A. Either myself, Pat or someone from Palladium will be picking up all of the badges in bulk. You DO NOT need your badge to get into the Hall. Your badge is only required to get into the Dealers/Vendors area and while running your events. For those few of you that might run an event on Wed. night, you WILL NOT need your GM badge [per last years 2 Wed night games]. Come Thursday morning, someone will meet with you at whatever room our Palladium events are being run. Badges will ONLY be given to the GM in question with a valid ID. GM's can notify me or Pat AHEAD of time with the name of someone else who will pick up the badge, but that person will also need to have a valid photo ID.

Q. Last year Palladium handed out T-shirts and special awards but it was a hassle for MA's to get these items. How will it be handled this year?
A. When you pick up your badge, your awards for ALL of your events will be given to you at the same time. Running multiple events Thursday through Sunday? I will give you all of your awards for each event all at once. This can include: a MA T-Shirt, MA "thank you coupon" and of course the Player prizes. Please keep in mind that these prizes might change between now and Gen Con.

Q. What if I need to cancel or change an event?
A. Email ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com and provide the Event ID, and the name of your game[s] that you need to change. Please keep in mind the previously mentioned deadlines.

Robotech RPG Tactic events for now can be submitted using these same guidelines though I expect to be receiving specific information on that as soon as I can reach the Events Coordinator @ Gen Con.

This should do it for now. Please send any and all inquiries to "ambassadors@palladiumbooks.com" and be sure to include "Gen Con Event Submission" in the subject line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Gen Con 2015 Event Submission Process, Q&A

Unread post by NMI »

UPDATE 1/11/2015

Robotech RPG Tactics Events - These will all be held in the miniatures/war gaming area this year. Come on M.A.'s! A majority of us have our games. I have seen some your paint jobs and customizations. Let's INVADE Gen Con 2015!!!

Tables - By default, the tables for the miniatures area are 5' x 8'.

This is where Robotech RPG Tactics should have and could have been last year.

INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

NMI wrote:UPDATE 1/11/2015

Robotech RPG Tactics Events - These will all be held in the miniatures/war gaming area this year. Come on M.A.'s! A majority of us have our games. I have seen some your paint jobs and customizations. Let's INVADE Gen Con 2015!!!

Tables - By default, the tables for the miniatures area are 5' x 8'.

This is where Robotech RPG Tactics should have and could have been last year.

INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION! INVASION!

Will you (or someone) be organizing a simple tournament perhaps?
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

I want to hold off calling and organizing an official MA tourney ATM. We are considering it, and it may depend on wave 2. More in the next few weeks.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

There won't be a tournament this year at Gen Con, but we will be considering on how best to present one for 2016.

Hopefully, we will learn from the Tournament being run at this years Palladium Open House event. There are "seats" still available for it. Come on down, bring your mecha and join in!

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”