Swarm Lord O.C.C.

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Swarm Lord O.C.C.

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Premier wrote:
abe wrote:diatary wise for their bio-suits you could have a netavore (a necter based diet of course)

Actually this does give me a great idea that I must inquire with Slappy due to your suggestion Abe:.

Could a Swarmlord actually have an insect type like a 3 inch honey bee that gathers nectar and produces a sweet nourishing honey that can be poured from the hive like a cooler tap to provide limited nourishment to humans, Biotics and Omnivore metabolisms? Maybe its like a stimdose boost or temporary steroid?
Perhaps if the nectar is extracted/taken from a Gardener's garden, it has even more potent effects?
Could such Honey bees help pollinate Gardens for better expansion and habitat assessments?

Just my 2 cents

Great additions!!! I'll have to set up a chat with you and Slappy, Chuck. I'll shoot you an e-mail.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:
abe wrote:diatary wise for their bio-suits you could have a netavore (a necter based diet of course)

Actually this does give me a great idea that I must inquire with Slappy due to your suggestion Abe:.

Could a Swarmlord actually have an insect type like a 3 inch honey bee that gathers nectar and produces a sweet nourishing honey that can be poured from the hive like a cooler tap to provide limited nourishment to humans, Biotics and Omnivore metabolisms? Maybe its like a stimdose boost or temporary steroid?
Perhaps if the nectar is extracted/taken from a Gardener's garden, it has even more potent effects?
Could such Honey bees help pollinate Gardens for better expansion and habitat assessments?

Just my 2 cents

Great additions!!! I'll have to set up a chat with you and Slappy, Chuck. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

also could the bee's produce a natural wax type armor (mega-damage or otherwise)?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Thanks GK!!!
Will be a pleasure to chat.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

abe wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:

Just my 2 cents

also could the bee's produce a natural wax type armor (mega-damage or otherwise)?

I am sure they could "if" you so desired,however, would it still smell like nectar and honey as that could be an obvious scent trail that could attract unwanted predators, Necroborgs or rival Splicers.

Also could imagine having the Weavers spew a type of woven MDC Living Body Armor that would be more flexible and lighter to wear. Just lay the person in a designated area splayed out with certain joint/bending areas covered in a type of lubricant and they begin to cocoon the person up in a mdc silk ninja like living body armor (probably would take up to 5-8 hours for an adult human to be spun, woven, treated and dried). Direct assistance from the Swarmlord however would be required to sort of sculpt and guide the process along. The Swarmlord would need to have some form of Artistry/Sculpting skill in conjunction with the Weavers for this to successfully work.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

the wax could be medium to heavy armor and the silk could be the light armor.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Love this group
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

for the swarm lord's suit how about a dungavore (feeds upon fecal matter)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

for ultimate irony, make it an insectovore :P
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Any new thoughts on the subject?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:for ultimate irony, make it an insectovore :P

Actually this might not be a bad idea! Depending on where the Hos Armor is located and going to be deployed mos often. If its a unit to be used by a Great House that is located in or near swamps, jungles, deep forests and lakes where an array of insects are plentiful, a predatory insectivore metabolism might go a far way with the Swamlord. A type of insect that goes out and raids insect hives and brings back their larvae and the insect kills to feed the Hive and the Host Armor as well.

Just want to avoid those hive wars as there are some really nasty Insects in Splicers, particularly rival House concepts and what lurks in the Preserves.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

would be really crazy to have an insect type that is designed to complement a gardener by subverting an external hive or something :)
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:would be really crazy to have an insect type that is designed to complement a gardener by subverting an external hive or something :)

Actually, that is a good idea! The Gardener would indeed benefit from having predatory insects to feed on the array of invading species of pest via insects, other alien predators and fauna.
Having some form of chemical safe Bio-insects that help protect the gardens from intruders (even against rival Splicers that exude a rival scent (given to the insects by the Swarmlord much like a bloodhound being given a scent to track). Possibly the Great House's pheromones and those of houses within its alliance could receive some form of colony immunity as well.
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

You gotta love a idea that is born from high amounts of caffeine and sleep deprivation.

Scent weapons from The Rifter #59 loaded with the chemical created by Stink bugs.

I know that it makes sense (to my earlier admitted) addled brain.

Thoughts? Comments?
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about candle-bugs? They look like bees but produce rods of wax with built-in wicks that can be used as candles?
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Gardener Host Armor + Swarm Lord Gost Armor.
Mixed together a great idea.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Swarmlord weapon?pollen bombs! Could could come in variations if needed?
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

For a neutral insect, how about a candle bug for lighting up dark areas?

Return to “Splicers®”