Looking for a RCC that meets some requirements...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Looking for a RCC that meets some requirements...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Hey, figured I'd ask on here, before I start pounding my library. I'm looking for a RCC that would end up granting about 1000 mdc and have most attributes above 20. Let me know if you've made any characters that fit the bill and what the RCC was and book if possible. Doesn't matter what book, but canon answers only. Thanks.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Looking for a RCC that meets some requirements...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't know of any Class that adds MDC to a char or any Class that raises attributes of the base race.

If you are asking about a Race with about 1kMDC and attributes with most ending up over a score of 20 then using the random race tables in PW might be your best bet.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

What you are asking for is numbers, which isn't my strong suit but...

Besides MAYBE the many-handed in Pantheons I don't THINK there is anything. I can get to 1,000 with magic and force-fields and such, but straight 1,000 M.D.C. and all attributes over 20 just seems extremely excessive. It can be done with superpowers I am sure, but I mean... why? :lol:

Why so specific?

I can't imagine it'd be easy finding a G.M. that'd allow such an abomination. :P
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
smashed
Wanderer

Unread post by smashed »

Don't know of any existing, one could be created using the alien race creation random tables in the Phase World Book.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

The problem with looking for an RCC like that is that it's unlikely you'll find one that has a PB attribute that high (assuming you want all stats in the 20's), as many MDC creatures are not made as attractive, and many are also 'monster races' which tend to have low MA's as well.

The Shade from Wormwood has upwards of 800MD (2D4x100), with average physical stats in the 17's (3D6+6), as well as average ME and MA, and slightly boosted IQ. That's the best I can do off hand.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Holly Terror, is pretty good as well. I forget where they were introduced but there is an example of one in Mercenaries PG 87

Never mind, found them in wormwood PG 66
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

Yeah, I'm also looking at Demon Dragonmage and a few others. They are out there, but few and far between.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

MaxxSterling wrote:Yeah, I'm also looking at Demon Dragonmage and a few others. They are out there, but few and far between.

There's likely a reason for that. I'd wager it has something to do with a having 1000 MDC and stats all over 20...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kirnos
D-Bee

Unread post by kirnos »

A promethean could do the trick. With maximun PE, and maximum SDC it adds to 750, plus any gain from physical skills, are this is equivalent to MDC with their special rules. Plus many attributes over 20. And they are an iconic PW R.C.C.

Or a Dominator...
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

PU2 Immortal Godling with Massive Damage Capacity, Physical Perfection, Extraordinary Intelligence, Extraordinary Mental Endurance, Extraordinary Mental Affinity, Extraordinary Physical Prowess, Extraordinary Physical Endurance, and Extraordinary Physical Beauty.

You will have an obscene amount of MDC (even more obscene HP & SDC in SDC realms), and if you roll good you can wind up with all attributes in the 30s.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

You could probably do the 1000MDC with a nightbane but the stats all over 20 would probably require some fudging of the rolls.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Thinyser wrote:You could probably do the 1000MDC with a nightbane but the stats all over 20 would probably require some fudging of the rolls.

If you use Rifter Tables you might do it, but you would have to work with your GM since it is Rifter material. Might I point you towards the 'Megalomania' table?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

Biofreaks and certain Super Hero configurations can get there or close as well. Thanks for all the options guys. Running a high level campaign and people are coming out at these #'s approx. and I wanted people to have a bit of a choice and not have to run a full group of godlings or something like that. Diversity is good.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Servant of Ahriman. It's in Rifts Mercenaries.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Alrik Vas wrote:Servant of Ahriman. It's in Rifts Mercenaries.

General Ursas is a Dysasha deamon that happens to serve Ahriman. Servant of Ahriman is not an RCC. Also the MDC listed for the General is 3500 not 1000 and the minimum a Dysasha can have is 1500 (1d6x1000 + 500).

Good find tho!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

MaxxSterling wrote:Hey, figured I'd ask on here, before I start pounding my library. I'm looking for a RCC that would end up granting about 1000 mdc and have most attributes above 20. Let me know if you've made any characters that fit the bill and what the RCC was and book if possible. Doesn't matter what book, but canon answers only. Thanks.

Maybe Robot Character Class (Rifts Source Book 1 r/o) with the right selection of upgrades could see just about every relevant attribute at 20 or above (ME, MA, PE being the exception), MDC with all the frame reinforcements will be just short if only looking at the Main Body, but factor in limbs and such (could also see about getting a force field installed).
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Norse Giants.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

How about RCC/OCC combo?
Palladium Minotaur Demon Queller. 2d6 x 100 sdc base with Stone Ox & Chi-Gung becomes MDC :twisted:
Decent shot at getting some attributes above 20 as well. :)
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Transfered Intelligence AI/Cyborg Brain + Galactic Warship body= Brainship
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I used demigod mutant megahero warrior of Valhalla. With most attributes near or over 20 and a few thousand mdc. And all legal stacking.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

to say that it's legal is going a bit overboard... normally, supernatural beings can't be mutant, much less megaheroes...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Svartalf wrote:to say that it's legal is going a bit overboard... normally, supernatural beings can't be mutant, much less megaheroes...

If memory serves Mutant is a listed option for a HU demigod from the Pantheons book, although the Mega-Hero add-on wasn't available back then as that edition of HU hadn't been released at the time Pantheons was. Powers Unlimited 2's 'Immortal' category I believe also creates demi-gods and godlings as variants of the mega-hero (Immortality mega-power automatically) so thousands of MDC in a mega-damage setting like Phase World or Rifts is possible legally. But you're maxing the dice as that's an upper end.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Svartalf
Champion

Looks like this is in contradiction with RC ... Myself, I would not allow a demigod to be an HU mutant in a Rifts setting... in a HU setting things would be different.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Started in H.U. now in rifts next........ not sure depends on how I want to test my players.
Svartalf
Champion

BTW, isn't stacking demigod and megahero kind of overkill, a demigod already is megaing the hero
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Nightmask wrote:
Svartalf wrote:to say that it's legal is going a bit overboard... normally, supernatural beings can't be mutant, much less megaheroes...

If memory serves Mutant is a listed option for a HU demigod from the Pantheons book, although the Mega-Hero add-on wasn't available back then as that edition of HU hadn't been released at the time Pantheons was. Powers Unlimited 2's 'Immortal' category I believe also creates demi-gods and godlings as variants of the mega-hero (Immortality mega-power automatically) so thousands of MDC in a mega-damage setting like Phase World or Rifts is possible legally. But you're maxing the dice as that's an upper end.

It lists Mutant Animal as a NOT available OCC, along with others like Full conversion borg and alien. I don't really agree though as gods will get busy with pretty much anything if the mood strikes them. An Alien demigod would be fine IMO so would a mutant (remember the tri-breasted mutant from the first Total Recall? come on what Lust filled god could pass that up!?!).

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Not in a dimension spanning campaign. Oddly enough I find biomanipulation the hardest thing to work around.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Thinyser wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

It lists Mutant Animal as a NOT available OCC, along with others like Full conversion borg and alien. I don't really agree though as gods will get busy with pretty much anything if the mood strikes them. An Alien demigod would be fine IMO so would a mutant (remember the tri-breasted mutant from the first Total Recall? come on what Lust filled god could pass that up!?!).

Mutant vs Mutant Animal are treated as separate in that regard (and yes they do discriminate against both the Mutant Animal and the Alien by claiming that somehow only humans would be able to produce offspring with gods and get to have godlings and demi-gods of their race, even though in the same book Neptune is shown having a godly son whose mother was a triton/mermaid). The full Conversion Cyborg on the other hand makes perfect sense since you're a brain in a jar there's nothing left of your body so you don't have anything left with which to manifest a godling/demi-god's powers.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Ok round 2 Nimro/Algor Mystically Bestowed Abilities. Boom
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Or Alien Mineral Humanoid Abrasive Atmosphere Experiment Increased Mass Increased Agility Attempted Invulnerability Physical Transformation Minor Power-Undetwater abilities. Now this part I will call cheating, Defined Talents:Boxing&Wrestling Extremely Charismatic. For skills Rouge/Smuggler.
That should be close.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Rappanui wrote:You can Add in Massive Damage capacity as a major for super soldier...

In HU2 I used the supersoldier option this powerset only gives 1 minor power.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”