SPLICERS: Unleashed Discussions thread

I would like to introduce everyone to the 1st “Splicers: Unleashed” contest and the havoc that will reign form henceforth in this epic & awesome RPG. This is a submissions contest where you will get a chance to get your imaginative visions brought to life as an optional contribution to the Splicers setting. I wanted to bring some spice for this setting and open the floodgates for your imaginations to be stimulated like none before. This is a contest where EVERYONE can take part and submit, judge & market their most creative, deadly and wicked ideas for Splicers. - Premier aka Chuck Walton

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: SPLICERS: Unleashed Discussions thread

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I used to GM in my younger years........now its a pain just to play.........
Plus, Last time i GMed, i was almost evicted from the group i played with, a because a couple said i was cheating and fudging the rules..........even if i wanted to, i would be hard when everyone in the group has the same book(s)
The Dragon Has Spoken
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Snake Eyes wrote:I used to GM in my younger years........now its a pain just to play.........
Plus, Last time i GMed, i was almost evicted from the group i played with, a because a couple said i was cheating and fudging the rules..........even if i wanted to, i would be hard when everyone in the group has the same book(s)

fudging the rules is GM prerogative, to some extent. that is, if you face an opponent that isn't in the books, then that's exactly why you have a GM.

changing the rules in the middle of a fight, not so good usually. changing the rules in advance and letting everyone know how it works in your games, good. again, if you want to play a game where the "GM" follows the rules blindly, go play a computer game. or 4th edition D&D, which will likely lead to the same result if you meet any of the 4th ed GMs i've ever played with.

inventing a new rule in the middle of a fight to cover a contingency that didn't previously exist, again, that's exactly why you have a GM.

i mean, depending on how you changed the rules, i may very well have been disappointed if you *didn't* change things around :P
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Yea ummm DND even 3.5 epic fail. Seen too many low level characters doing wayyyyy too much damage 6th level warrior, not cheating mind you, doing 85 damage in one hit, and too many gms suddenly deciding evasion only works sometimes. So not really into that.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

For anyone who doesn't know, Doublenix and I have a podcast now. We haven't addressed any Palladium subjects directly yet, partly because we wanted to establish our show's identity before being compared to the Palladium-centric gaming shows. We just uploaded our 7th episode tonight. We are gearing up for recording another round of interviews soon. If anyone would like to jam on the show about their Splicers Unleashed contributions, let me know. In our show, the two of us focus a lot on fan-generated materials.

Save vs Nerd Rage
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Nobody?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Very interesting....thanks for posting the link, when i get some time i'll listen :ok:
The Dragon Has Spoken
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Say, Lord Z, I would love to talk about my contribution. What would I have to do?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Lord Z wrote:For anyone who doesn't know, Doublenix and I have a podcast now. We haven't addressed any Palladium subjects directly yet, partly because we wanted to establish our show's identity before being compared to the Palladium-centric gaming shows. We just uploaded our 7th episode tonight. We are gearing up for recording another round of interviews soon. If anyone would like to jam on the show about their Splicers Unleashed contributions, let me know. In our show, the two of us focus a lot on fan-generated materials.

Save vs Nerd Rage

Hit me up, Lord Z. I'm always willing to talk about myself. ;)
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Any news? Maybe giving the few of us some thing, fruit basket or something???????

Yes my great houses are keeping an eye out for these new threats.

Return to “Splicers® Unleashed!”