How can I help at Fanfare?

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

How can I help at Fanfare?

Unread post by Hotrod »

So zyanitevp has piqued my interest in helping out at Detroit Fanfare. It's not an unreasonable distance away for me, and I think I might be able make it for 2 or 3 of the days. There's only one problem:

I'm not qualified to run a game.

Understand, I'm familiar with the settings of Palladium Fantasy, Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, and Ninjas & Superspies. I've made plenty of characters, and I understand the mechanics. I've just never had a regular playing group, and the last time I played a role-playing game was about 12 years ago. I don't even have any dice (unless you count the RANBETWEEN(1,20) command in a spreadsheet).

I could probably throw something together and put on a game, but even if I put a lot of work into it, I'm afraid my lack of experience would get in the way of a good gaming session. Conventions are supposed to be a place where we showcase how awesome Palladium games are. They shouldn't be a venue for figuring out how to put one metaphorical foot in front of the other.

So this is what I was thinking. Rather than running a game, I could try to help everyone else run smoother games.

+I could bring my laptop/printer to provide maps, character sheets, or campaign-specific signs to Palladium games as needed.

+I could run a "Character Creation" station. I've rolled up many characters for Rifts, HU, PF, and N&S. At this station, I could help new players create their characters. I could help them customize off a pre-made character from a GM they want to play for, or roll one up from scratch.

+I could provide food/drinks to participating players/GMs. (not sure if this is allowed at conventions). I make a pretty awesome crockpot chili.

+I could be a gopher for the real Megaversal Ambassadors as they run the real games, helping things go smoothly.

Would any of this be helpful? Are there other ways to volunteer or be helpful to Palladium at these kinds of events?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: How can I help at Fanfare?

Unread post by zyanitevp »

We will find a way to use you!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”