Yin-Sloth Jungle 2nd edition

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Yin-Sloth Jungle 2nd edition

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

So yeah needing a little help getting this bad boy up to date for some stuff I got up my sleeve.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Yin-Sloth Jungle 2nd edition

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

It has been updated and sent to PB's years ago. Fans are eagerly awaiting release....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

The Dark Elf wrote:It has been updated and sent to PB's years ago. Fans are eagerly awaiting release....

What are they waiting for?
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Warmaster40k wrote:So yeah needing a little help getting this bad boy up to date for some stuff I got up my sleeve.

Greetings and Salutations. I can't promise giving you everything, but I'll do what I can. :ok:

Little Snuzzles wrote:And....?

Not helpful, not even close.

The Dark Elf wrote:It has been updated and sent to PB's years ago. Fans are eagerly awaiting release....

Doesn't necessarily solve the problem, but it's at least informative. :) And no clue what's holding up the manuscript. My suspicions are it got lost, or for one reason or another it didn't live up to Kevin's expectations. Then again, could be he just doesn't see the urgency and/or isn't sure how well it'll see. Hard to say.

-----

As for help until the book ever sees an official update, there are some resources to use.

Rifter #24: Update to skills (see the Q&A section).
Rifter #25: Update to magic spells (see the Q&A section).

Note: They were supposed to continue the updates in the future Rifters, but never did. I suspect (but can't prove) that they decided to turn it into an official Yin-Sloth Jungles Second Edition manuscript (same people who did the updates in the Rifter did the manuscript), and while it was submitted for one reason or another the manuscript has never seen print.

Also, at least one of the forum members did some updates to some of the O.C.C. (whether or not you feel they're any good or not is up to you, but it's an option and you can even read people's comments/suggestions to see how you might want to tweak them):

Spy: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138223
Undead Hunter: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126795
Beastmaster: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126867
Holy Crusader: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126846

I think that's all he did (but I may have missed one or something). Hopefully that gives you everything you need. If not, you may always make more specific requests. Most of us help when we can, but that doesn't always mean we'll have your answers. Anyways, I think that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

I nominate that for the most informative reply of the day.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Thanks the least they could do is release a 1st to 2nd conversion guide.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus wrote:Greetings and Salutations. I can't promise giving you everything, but I'll do what I can. :ok:

As always, Prysus, thanks for being so helpful!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I don't know that the original has ever gone out of print.. if Palladium is still sitting on several cases of a book that came out 19 years ago, they don't really have any incentive to do a new edition...

Don't get me wrong, I liked the book too, but it's a possibility.. There's no Open House this year so I can't check, but I know I've seen a pallet of them in the warehouse in past years...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Ninjabunny wrote:I had thought that Shawn Marrow (god hope I spelled that right) had turned in a second ed manuscript?

Close, it was turned in. Also Robyn Stott worked on it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:I had thought that Shawn Marrow (god hope I spelled that right) had turned in a second ed manuscript?

Close, it was turned in. Also Robyn Stott worked on it.

Now if only we could get it published, along with a 2E Island... Oh, wait, those are PF books. Maybe in 5 years we will see another one....
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

MADMANMIKE wrote:I don't know that the original has ever gone out of print.. if Palladium is still sitting on several cases of a book that came out 19 years ago, they don't really have any incentive to do a new edition...

Don't get me wrong, I liked the book too, but it's a possibility.. There's no Open House this year so I can't check, but I know I've seen a pallet of them in the warehouse in past years...

Not our fault they over ordered or printed books. They have a good idea from sales of previous version how many copies will most likely sale. So all that needs to be done is make that many.

Honestly all that needs updating is some of the classes and races from Yin Sloth Jungles updated with 2nd edition rules and this could be put into a Rifter.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Lukterran wrote:Not our fault they over ordered or printed books. They have a good idea from sales of previous version how many copies will most likely sale. So all that needs to be done is make that many.

Honestly all that needs updating is some of the classes and races from Yin Sloth Jungles updated with 2nd edition rules and this could be put into a Rifter.

:-?

Tell us more about your 30+ years of business acumen in the RPG publishing industry...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Prysus wrote:
Warmaster40k wrote:So yeah needing a little help getting this bad boy up to date for some stuff I got up my sleeve.

Greetings and Salutations. I can't promise giving you everything, but I'll do what I can. :ok:

Little Snuzzles wrote:And....?

Not helpful, not even close.

Doesn't necessarily solve the problem, but it's at least informative. :) And no clue what's holding up the manuscript. My suspicions are it got lost, or for one reason or another it didn't live up to Kevin's expectations. Then again, could be he just doesn't see the urgency and/or isn't sure how well it'll see. Hard to say.

-----

As for help until the book ever sees an official update, there are some resources to use.

Rifter #24: Update to skills (see the Q&A section).
Rifter #25: Update to magic spells (see the Q&A section).

Note: They were supposed to continue the updates in the future Rifters, but never did. I suspect (but can't prove) that they decided to turn it into an official Yin-Sloth Jungles Second Edition manuscript (same people who did the updates in the Rifter did the manuscript), and while it was submitted for one reason or another the manuscript has never seen print.

Also, at least one of the forum members did some updates to some of the O.C.C. (whether or not you feel they're any good or not is up to you, but it's an option and you can even read people's comments/suggestions to see how you might want to tweak them):

Spy: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 5&t=138223
Undead Hunter: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 5&t=126795
Beastmaster: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 5&t=126867
Holy Crusader: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 5&t=126846

I think that's all he did (but I may have missed one or something). Hopefully that gives you everything you need. If not, you may always make more specific requests. Most of us help when we can, but that doesn't always mean we'll have your answers. Anyways, I think that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

You're welcome. Pretty sure I did Witch Hunter too, and the Sage.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”