Rifter 59 - Explosives

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cchopps
Adventurer

Rifter 59 - Explosives

Unread post by cchopps »

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see how to determine what damage is Blast and what is Shrapnel as outlined by the article. The examples in the "Special Rules" section use weapons that are not on the chart and describe rolling separately for both damage types.

Are the damages listed on p. 92 just Blast or do you half them and roll twice (one for Blast and once for Shrapnel)? So, 3.6 ounces of TNT would be 2D6 x2.5 for Blast and then 2D6 x2.5 for shrapnel? Or is shrapnel damage determined specifically by the weapon itself (and not the explosive) and those damages are missing from the article?

C. Chopps
Icefalcon
Champion

Re: Rifter 59 - Explosives

Unread post by Icefalcon »

The article was not clear and concise when it came to rules. It did a half-fracked job explaining the explosives themselves and totally left out any useful explosive device and dealt solely with the chemical explosive compounds. How that article even made it into the Rifter in the first place is beyond me.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
cchopps
Adventurer

Re: Rifter 59 - Explosives

Unread post by cchopps »

I wonder if the author is on the boards. I don't have it with me right now.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”