Feeling Love for Triax 2

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Feeling Love for Triax 2

Unread post by Greyaxe »

This book is great. Full of adventure ideas a complete 6 year campaign if you want it and many other treasures.

Way to go.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Feeling Love for Triax 2

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I also feel some love for that book.
Any book that gives me the opportunity to get my hands on a Nuclear Power supply (and a free bus with it) for 90k has my endorsement :D.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Operation Sea Storm is my favorite piece of history in RIFTS: the flight of the 100+ Death Heads with the CS help, the New Navy involved, amphibious assault, and the plot with the Brodkills! I would love to have this kind of introduction in every RIFTS book. Awesome!!!.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

GREAT BOOK! (even if I don't like most of the game stats and robots....) :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The only issue I have with the book is the civilian population vehicles with Nuclear power engines
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Baphomet wrote:I love this book as well. My favorite bits, as I told the author at the open house, are all the consumer products that help make the setting real. I love the commercial vehicles, personal assistant robot, and micro brewery beers. It makes the setting feel like a living, breathing place.

I always found West End Games did an excellent job of this when they had Star Wars. It makes you feel so much more imeersed in the setting.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Greyaxe wrote:The only issue I have with the book is the civilian population vehicles with Nuclear power engines

Why? That's been long established in Rifts, going back to the original Rifts RPG.

~ Josh
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:The only issue I have with the book is the civilian population vehicles with Nuclear power engines

Why? That's been long established in Rifts, going back to the original Rifts RPG.

~ Josh

I think he meant nuke plants being available in mass production in general. "Civilian" vehicles in the North American books are really all that "civilian" when compared to the vehicles of the NGR. At least I don't think the are.

\m/
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

jaymz wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

I think he meant nuke plants being available in mass production in general. "Civilian" vehicles in the North American books are really all that "civilian" when compared to the vehicles of the NGR. At least I don't think the are.

Good point. But even so, nuclear power supplies have also been long established as available in mass production in Rifts. There are even miniature ones.

~ Josh
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

Good point. But even so, nuclear power supplies have also been long established as available in mass production in Rifts. There are even miniature ones.

~ Josh

Yes but I don't think people in NA are driving nuclear powered cars. Most of the nuke mass production is used for wilderness/combat related vehicles etc.

\m/
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Dude, why are you telling one of the guys who writes for the game what he can and can't include in his work?

That's just trollish.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Taylor White and I had a blast working on that book.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Greyaxe wrote:This book is great. Full of adventure ideas a complete 6 year campaign if you want it and many other treasures.

Way to go.

my only regret was not explicitly stating plot hooks for players and GMs to pick up on.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. Taylor White and I had a blast working on that book.

yes. we are pretty spectacular :P

for real though. i'm glad people are enjoying the book. :)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I know I've asked this before, but who did the art for the new Traix weapons? The Sniper rifles and stuff?

She/he does VERY NICE scifi guns. She/he should get more work for palladium. I very much like those.

(( Very much liked the two sniper rifles, the md shot gun and the mace and hammer things too))

Over all, I loved Trax 2, except for the stuff towards the very back that they let Burles illustrate. Again looks horrible for what he was drawing for. We've got two books of Traix arms and armor looking sleek with crisp lines, nice futuristic design. Then in the last few pages of Traix 2, it turns to lumpy melted wax, a-symetrical, and just... blarg.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Josh Sinsapaugh

Pepsi, I believe that it was the Mannings that did the weapon art.

And yes, they do a damn good job.

~ Josh

Return to “Rifts®”