Megaversal Ambassadors Badges

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Megaversal Ambassadors Badges

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

I have two questions folks, Me and the small group of MA's around me and we have been kicking around the idea for a MA's badge of sorts. I was wondering what every one else thought of this?

The idea we had is to take the CS flying skull and have MA incorporated into it as it as a way to symbolize we are like the tour guides into the world of Palladium. It would also give the MA's while roaming the halls at the conventions a conversation starter to open even more possibilities to spread the good word of Palladium.

so now the questions

1. What do you think of the idea?
2. what would you like to see the design to be?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Megaversal Ambassadors Badges

Unread post by jaymz »

I like the idea and I think the CS Skull is definitely a good place to start.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I think it's a good idea, I suggested t-shirts as well a while back but never saw much happen with it but badges are a good way to go as well.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

"Like"!!
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

very cool I contacted one of the staff artist to design the badges, I have also found a player who works at a sign and graphic shop who says they can turn the design into a lapel or shirt pin with a set of loops to hang name badges from.

Total for the project is looking like around 3.00 dollars per badge.
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 3-73 Cavalry. Leading the way! Airborne!!!
All hail CJ, Future Ruler of the Megavesre!

Unread post by PhellaOne »

Well, in my opinion, if you're trying to increase the visibility (and therefore the accessability) of the MAs, a badge is NOT the way to go. I mean, where would the badge be worn? Chest, shoulder, upper arm? What if the person is short?
My solution is this: HATS. Make a custom hat that has whatever design/logo the badge was going to have printed on it. You can see a hat from a long way AND in a crowd. Then people can identify you from a distance. Make it unique, though. Something noone else would have.

There, one problem down, any other questions? I have the solution to your dilemma. :D
All will bow to CJ, Future Ruler of the Megaverse!

"Storytellas Studios... that's how we imagined it!"
http://www.storytellasstudios.com (I've bought and registered the domain, next is buying the servers!)
StorytellasStudios@groups.live.com for now.

Game on! Long live Palladium Books!!!
Xbox Live gamertag: xX PhellaOne Xx
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

If you wear a Rifts T-shirt, that will certainly be good advertisement.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

One problem with hats and tees. They can get costly. Badges may be something PB themselves might be willing to pay for and send out to us various MA's. Tees and Hats not so much. Now I myself would be willing to buy a hat or tee or both but not everyone is able to do that these days.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador

jaymz wrote:One problem with hats and tees. They can get costly. Badges may be something PB themselves might be willing to pay for and send out to us various MA's. Tees and Hats not so much. Now I myself would be willing to buy a hat or tee or both but not everyone is able to do that these days.

How many hats are they going to buy? How many MAs are there? If thats the problem, the MAs can "donate" a hat (most people have a typical baseball hat) and make the badge a big pin-on. Put big pin-on "I'm a Megaversal Ambassador" badge on hat. How many big pin-on "I'm a Megaversal Ambassador" badges do you need? I don't imagine it being too many.

http://www.storytellasstudios.com (I've bought and registered the domain, next is buying the servers!)

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

PhellaOne wrote:
jaymz wrote:One problem with hats and tees. They can get costly. Badges may be something PB themselves might be willing to pay for and send out to us various MA's. Tees and Hats not so much. Now I myself would be willing to buy a hat or tee or both but not everyone is able to do that these days.

How many hats are they going to buy? How many MAs are there? If thats the problem, the MAs can "donate" a hat (most people have a typical baseball hat) and make the badge a big pin-on. Put big pin-on "I'm a Megaversal Ambassador" badge on hat. How many big pin-on "I'm a Megaversal Ambassador" badges do you need? I don't imagine it being too many.

Then that puts back an doing a BADGE as opposed to a tee of hat. Which is what I was saying in the first place if you reread my post.

\m/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Patches rock and so do bumper stickers; turn rush hour traffic into an opportunity for free advertising!

Also, what about sig banners? Since I'm sure most of us are active on at least one other forum it may be a cost effective way to branch out as well.

Business cards to hand out to shop owners and the like? How about a MA newsletter?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

All excellent ideas :ok:

\m/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I try to do my part. As a local MA myself, those are all things I'd love at my disposal.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador

jaymz wrote:
Then that puts back an doing a BADGE as opposed to a tee of hat. Which is what I was saying in the first place if you reread my post.

Huh?

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

PhellaOne wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Huh?

I was saying a badge is easier and cheaper than doing tees and hats to which you answered essentially to make badges to wear on hats and tees we already have.

My answer to that, my apologies I was tired when I posted that, was meant to be: "Then that puts us back to doing a badge as opposed to a tee or hat. Which was what I was trying to say in the first place if you reread my post"

\m/
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

jaymz wrote:
PhellaOne wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Huh?

I was saying a badge is easier and cheaper than doing tees and hats to which you answered essentially to make badges to wear on hats and tees we already have.

My answer to that, my apologies I was tired when I posted that, was meant to be: "Then that puts us back to doing a badge as opposed to a tee or hat. Which was what I was trying to say in the first place if you reread my post"

Funny I was able to follow the original post just fine Jaymz.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

We nixed the hat and Shirt idea because Palladium does have those in there line, we are looking for something that would be easy to produce and cheap, pins are very cost effective and they as have been pointed out be able to be put onto the already established shirts and hats Palladium already makes.
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:We nixed the hat and Shirt idea because Palladium does have those in there line, we are looking for something that would be easy to produce and cheap, pins are very cost effective and they as have been pointed out be able to be put onto the already established shirts and hats Palladium already makes.

That's the word I was looking for!!! Pins! My bad, Jaymz, but that's what I was trying to say from the begining, a big obvious pin. On a hat. Clearly seen in a crowd and from a distance.

ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

ok I can see that but we will require some field test, so I will need you to stand real still while I have a few MA'S and disgruntled players stand ins of course, kick you in your crotch with out a pad so I can get the proper protection level for real world scenario.

I ask for real ideas or opinions not quips from a laugh maker. This program I take seriously it is why I run upwards of 80 hours of convention games alone.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:ok I can see that but we will require some field test, so I will need you to stand real still while I have a few MA'S and disgruntled players stand ins of course, kick you in your crotch with out a pad so I can get the proper protection level for real world scenario.

I ask for real ideas or opinions not quips from a laugh maker. This program I take seriously it is why I run upwards of 80 hours of convention games alone.

I think pins would be a good idea.....we could wear any hat or shirt and just add the pin.....question is though, is it realy any cheaper to make than shirts?

\m/
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

I can get pins at 2.15 a piece where as a shirt can is 3.50 and up per piece plus pins are one size fit all
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:I can get pins at 2.15 a piece where as a shirt can is 3.50 and up per piece plus pins are one size fit all

And these [pins would be large enough to be noticed from a short distance? I just ask because getting noticed is the key here if I am not mistaken?

\m/
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

1.25 long and 3/4 inch high is the dimensions I believe that should be eye catching with out being to gaudy
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:1.25 long and 3/4 inch high is the dimensions I believe that should be eye catching with out being to gaudy

Hw much more would it be to got upto a a full 2x1? (5cmx2.5cm for the imperially challenged :) )

\m/
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

the next size up is 2.5x1 and it would be 2.75 per unit
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Hmm....that's not a bad increase and 6.25cm x 2.5cm isn't too big either.....I wonder if that would be better size for eye catching?

\m/
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Unread post by Grandil »

Ingex-Personnally I like the idea behind pin-inexpensive, when a Tee or a cap can cost alot down the road......
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

It is Clearly a Good idea!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Yes it would seem, I have submit my idea and request to the staff and I am now awaiting a reply
PhellaOne
Megaversal® Ambassador

jaymz wrote:
ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:I can get pins at 2.15 a piece where as a shirt can is 3.50 and up per piece plus pins are one size fit all

And these [pins would be large enough to be noticed from a short distance? I just ask because getting noticed is the key here if I am not mistaken?

Glad to see you guys are taking the pin idea seriously. Made sense to me from the start. :ok:

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Since this seems to be the only active forum on MA's....
Who is in charge of this program now? Zach seems to have disappeared.
There are people wanting to sign up and getting nowhere.... see other posts.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

ok Zyanitevp, Please have them send me an email and I will forward it to Zach so he has a copy and we can work around this, Now are they wanting to be included on the list, or is this for the download?

Also All Northern California MA's please send me a PM so I can get a count for your pins. Kevin and they guys got back to me and approved me to have pins made for the Northern California section only at this time.

Thank you that is all
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Unread post by Grandil »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:ok Zyanitevp, Please have them send me an email and I will forward it to Zach so he has a copy and we can work around this, Now are they wanting to be included on the list, or is this for the download?

Also All Northern California MA's please send me a PM so I can get a count for your pins. Kevin and they guys got back to me and approved me to have pins made for the Northern California section only at this time.

Thank you that is all

Ingex, Send me 2 so I can put them on my hats. Will PM you as to my addy! Your friend, Grandil!
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
zyanitevp
Champion

How about getting one for someone in Socal?
My Twitter
Image Image
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

I will check zyan, I was told specifically northern Cali.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:Kevin and they guys got back to me and approved me to have pins made for the Northern California section only at this time.

Thank you that is all

Was there any particular reason they would only let you do them for that small an area?

\m/
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

None was given, I would assume it is because I can't sell them it is to keep my cost making. Them down.
zyanitevp
Champion

ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:None was given, I would assume it is because I can't sell them it is to keep my cost making. Them down.

Happy to pay.
BTW, talked to Alex- hoping to get a larger group together to help revive this program. Who is interested?
My Twitter
Image Image
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

I am, what did you have in mind?
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

zyanitevp wrote:
ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:None was given, I would assume it is because I can't sell them it is to keep my cost making. Them down.

Happy to pay.
BTW, talked to Alex- hoping to get a larger group together to help revive this program. Who is interested?

I'm interested.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

First and foremost, I love the Pin/Badge to ID MAs! Where does it stand, I would love to have one, where can I send my check! I saw someone mention it was brought up to Alex, correct? I am getting caught up and will add this to my list of things to cover.

Thanks for everyone's continued interest and support to the MA program!
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reelman badges stand as thus: I have the design approved via Kevin and Wayne but I am only allowed to distribute to my northern California delegation at this time.

As I am not to make for Sell, I am looking at sending Kevin the guys a set so they can see how cool they are and then maybe they will allow me to make some for the entire MA population at cost of course.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I'd love to have a nifty looking badge. I'm imagining something Judge Dredd-esque for some reason. We could circumvent production and distribution issues by using Shapeways. Just a thought.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

I made my own for a recent Game Demo day at the local game store. Used a black badge cut out in the CS wings shape with Megaversal Ambassador lasered on the front. Unfortunately it got broke...
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Whenever I run a game at a con, I wear the Palladium polo shirt that they did a few years back. I think it looks more professional.
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well I wear the shirts but when I am out eating with my wife in the evening I try and look semi-non gamer.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

How about those out of northern cali donate the price to make plus shipping you wont be making money off them and those of us who would like them would be able to get them just an idea
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

I cant sell them sorry, I have an agreement with Kevin that this is strictly a not for profit or money of any kind deal. But I am hoping to show him that this would make the MA program stand out.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

I have to agree a lot of us are very interested
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
zyanitevp
Champion

We are working on it- right now only approved for Northern California, but it is on our list- please be patient, must be approved by PB.
My Twitter
Image Image

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”