Nightlord in the Federation of Magic

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Nightlord in the Federation of Magic

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

Ok this has been bugging me for most of the week. I would have sworn i read some where about a nightlord being within the federation of magic and he was pissed off because a silhouette was within his territory. Can someone help me recall where this is at? Either at or I'm just not remembering things correctly. :?
For the Glory of the Zentraedi and Khyron!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Nightlord in the Federation of Magic

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

You're just not remembering things correctly. There is no nightlord in the federation of magic.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:You're just not remembering things correctly. There is no nightlord in the federation of magic.

For now.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

I'm telling you I read a reference somewhere about some Nightlord or maybe Shadowlord being mad because a Silhouette from phase world was in his territory or something like that. Maybe it wasn't federation of magic...Tolkeen? but its been driving me nuts trying to find the reference for it all week. I dunno why I'm obsessed with this issue right but I am.
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Did you try the NightBane books? Maybe Nightlands?
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Robotech_Elder wrote:I'm telling you I read a reference somewhere about some Nightlord or maybe Shadowlord being mad because a Silhouette from phase world was in his territory or something like that. Maybe it wasn't federation of magic...Tolkeen? but its been driving me nuts trying to find the reference for it all week. I dunno why I'm obsessed with this issue right but I am.

There's a nightbane in Kingsdale...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

I think his name is Lord Gray but I can't find him.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Robotech_Elder wrote:I think his name is Lord Gray but I can't find him.

Lord Grey is not a Nightlord. He is a Shadow-Lord.
Unfortunately he is NOT canon; he only showed up in one of the early 30's of the Rifters (I didn't buy the issue cuz the rest of it sucked).
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

that will explain why i cant find the bastard in the rifts books.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Robotech_Elder wrote:that will explain why i cant find the bastard in the rifts books.

The article was great..I've actualy used the concept of Lord Grey a couple of times in my campaign, I just don't own the Rifter he's in.
Basicly, he exists in-between the realm of elemental shadow and the physical plane.
His entire castle and surrounding tetrritory 'd-shifts' around the Magic-Zone at random.

Leaves of the lotus rise

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

And it's the crystal mage that hates Lord Gray
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Really Robotech_Elder, YOU should make a story about a Nightbane in Rifts who has a pocket kingdom. I would love to read it.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Its in Rifter 28. Personally, I've thought about doing a small dimension book on the Shadow Realm.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Woiuld not a nightlord with all their resources and power imo be too powerful for the FOM to handle let alone control. Odds are one would more than liely oust the current leadership and take control.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Sureshot wrote:Woiuld not a nightlord with all their resources and power imo be too powerful for the FOM to handle let alone control. Odds are one would more than liely oust the current leadership and take control.

The Nightspawn sourcebook compared a Nightlord on Rifts Earth as being powered up equal to an Alien Intelligence, and on the top end of power not bottom. So a Nightlord on Rifts Earth would be extremely hard to handle, and require the likes of the other alien intelligences around on Rifts Earth to contain, especially when you consider all the minions that will be supernatural MDC beings and that exist in the hundreds of thousands to millions.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nightmask wrote:
Sureshot wrote:Woiuld not a nightlord with all their resources and power imo be too powerful for the FOM to handle let alone control. Odds are one would more than liely oust the current leadership and take control.

The Nightspawn sourcebook compared a Nightlord on Rifts Earth as being powered up equal to an Alien Intelligence, and on the top end of power not bottom. So a Nightlord on Rifts Earth would be extremely hard to handle, and require the likes of the other alien intelligences around on Rifts Earth to contain, especially when you consider all the minions that will be supernatural MDC beings and that exist in the hundreds of thousands to millions.

At least the peeps of Rifts Terra are in luck due to fact the Nightlords still have the same limmitations of crossing over into side-real reality from the nightlands. Praise Thoth the Mirror wall is in place still.

That being said, Lord Grey is NOT a Nightlord. He is a Shadow Lord (Galctus Kid stated the issue he shows up; Rifter #28). If you WANT a nightlord in your campiagn however, my sympathies to your players and condolances to their PC's kin. :demon: :nuke:

Leaves of the lotus rise

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

DhAkael wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

At least the peeps of Rifts Terra are in luck due to fact the Nightlords still have the same limmitations of crossing over into side-real reality from the nightlands. Praise Thoth the Mirror wall is in place still.

That being said, Lord Grey is NOT a Nightlord. He is a Shadow Lord (Galctus Kid stated the issue he shows up; Rifter #28). If you WANT a nightlord in your campiagn however, my sympathies to your players and condolances to their PC's kin. :demon: :nuke:

Shadow Lords are bad enough...
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Nightlords are in fact among thee most powerful entities in the known megaverse. A Cabal of them have literally destroyed entire Dimensions before ..

Something that has never been done before or after according to canon ..

That alone should show you the power of the Nightlords.

One Nightlord in Rifts Earth NA .. would change the power stucture of the entire North American continent .. and have everyone guessing as to what is really happening as no one would EVER .. be able to discover in time what / who is really doing what ..

Till its too late .. And by then .. the Nightlord would have already been entrenched long enough to literally be impossible to (or close to it) to kick outta town (so to speak)

Return to “Rifts®”