Fun Friendly Topic (FFT): Your Dream Rifts Book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Fun Friendly Topic (FFT): Your Dream Rifts Book

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

The Calgary rift is supposed to be detailed in the next minion war book.

Arabia isnt going to be done. By choice and on purpose.

I'd love to find out what's going on, on the West Coast. It's been Soooooooooooooooooooo hands off. We know more about Phase world and the 3 galaxies than we do what's over the (new) Rockies. I've always thought that Kevin had kept them hands off (( like Lucas with Yoda)) because he was planing something ____EPIC____!

But it's been decades.... if he's holding it in reserve he's sure holding it out through some bad times with not a peep. I'm starting to worry that it was 'hands off" because there was NO plan.... instead of an AWESOME plan...

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

Id would also like to see:

Rifts: Dragons and Gods
Rifts: Angels
Rifts: heaven or something. if we can stat hell I can't see why we can't stat heaven or its equivalent.
For the Glory of the Zentraedi and Khyron!!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Don't we have enough gods by now? There's an entire conversion book on them and they're in every other worldbook too. lol

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Don't we have enough gods by now? There's an entire conversion book on them and they're in every other worldbook too. lol
I say the same thing concerning the real world.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the difference is that in the real world they're religions you can accept or deny, but the dieties themselves have little direct impact on the world. (mainly indirect impact, through their followers and organizations)

in rifts, they're fully stated out beings with immense power, who can show up in the world and directly effect events. the ones we have already are of questionable use for most campaigns. they're hard to use without running the risk of going into monty haul or munchkinistic territory. if they use the player characters to carry out their schemes and never get involved directly, there is little need for stats. but if they show up directly and get involved directly, the CB2 dieities are so powerful that there is either little point to having the players along at all...or the threats are so powerful that the players have to be near godlike themselves to keep up.

finding the fine line between these two extremes is a big issue when using any of the dieties in rifts.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:the difference is that in the real world they're religions you can accept or deny, but the dieties themselves have little direct impact on the world. (mainly indirect impact, through their followers and organizations)

in rifts, they're fully stated out beings with immense power, who can show up in the world and directly effect events. the ones we have already are of questionable use for most campaigns. they're hard to use without running the risk of going into monty haul or munchkinistic territory. if they use the player characters to carry out their schemes and never get involved directly, there is little need for stats. but if they show up directly and get involved directly, the CB2 dieities are so powerful that there is either little point to having the players along at all...or the threats are so powerful that the players have to be near godlike themselves to keep up.

finding the fine line between these two extremes is a big issue when using any of the dieties in rifts.

Just a question.... in the real world, what direct impact do deities have? You said 'little' but that implies some.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i phrased it the way i did because many religions today have those who beleive the entities they worship to have the power to effect the world directly (look at the number of people claiming earthquakes, storms, etc to be 'acts of god', or the number of people who attribute the sudden improvements in fortune, health, or similar to divine influence.)
i just don't want to alienate people.

but it's hard to argue against the fact that in in the real world, you're not going to see Thor or Vishnu or whoever show up and start kicking terrorist ass. but in rifts, they could.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”