Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chris0013
Hero

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Raiden wrote:Wait...you guys haven't lost hope for this one?

Didn't have it to start with.....just suprised appreciation when their books finally showed up.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

According to update: August! We'll see...also according to Kevin, The Marines book is still alive! Some good news? :)

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... uly-7-2011
They can't see me...Right!?
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Arnie100 wrote:According to update: August! We'll see...also according to Kevin, The Marines book is still alive! Some good news? :)

And a hint of another RT book, possibly an adventure one.

Yippie! This is my 100th post! :D
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

SailorCallie wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:According to update: August! We'll see...also according to Kevin, The Marines book is still alive! Some good news? :)

And a hint of another RT book, possibly an adventure one.

Yippie! This is my 100th post! :D

Congregational non your 100 post
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

UPDATED!!!!
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

This Robotech® sourcebook will be a Summer 2011 release.

Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech. YES
Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha. YES
Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations. YES
Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars. YES
New weapons, vehicles, mecha YES and more. I wonder ??? what could it be
Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore. YES
Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
A “manga” size sourcebook. YES
192-256 pages what !!!! – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554
i hope 256 pages man that when they do a good work I.M.H.O!!!!
. Final page count and price may be subject to change. DON'T CARE NEED THAT BOOK NOW!!! OR BY AUGUST August 2011 release. I SOOOOOO HOPE SO MAN

AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

*stretches*

If anyone follows facebook, I hope they appreciate how much of a b-... an unpleasant person I can be if I decide to be. Anyway, new update claims NG will be absolute next to the printer before any other books. I feel better seeing that, after trying to tear a new anal orifice into KS after what I considered false sympathies. :p :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

you have facebook, I am so not going there but if you can update thanks
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

ZINO wrote:UPDATED!!!!

This Robotech® sourcebook will be a Summer 2011 release.

Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech. YES
Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha. YES
Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations. YES
Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars. YES
New weapons, vehicles, mecha YES and more. I wonder ??? what could it be
Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore. YES
Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
A “manga” size sourcebook. YES
192-256 pages what !!!! – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554
i hope 256 pages man that when they do a good work I.M.H.O!!!!
. Final page count and price may be subject to change. DON'T CARE NEED THAT BOOK NOW!!! OR BY AUGUST August 2011 release. I SOOOOOO HOPE SO MAN

Was this before the whole Antarctica announcement?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Keep in mind as of right now we won't even have revised Vamp Kingdoms before the last week of July and as far as I know the Vamp Sourcebook is next followed by Lemuria THEN Robotech New Gen.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

jaymz wrote:Keep in mind as of right now we won't even have revised Vamp Kingdoms before the last week of July and as far as I know the Vamp Sourcebook is next followed by Lemuria THEN Robotech New Gen.

Not as of the July 7th Press Release (IINM it has been that way for a few releases now to):

"UPDATE: New titles coming soon! Books should start coming one, two, three this month. The Rifter® #55 goes to the printer tomorrow (Friday), the “New and Improved” Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (that’s what I’m calling it now) goes next, and Rifts® Lemuria immediately after it. We anticipate having copies of all three at Gen Con.

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I approved Apollo Okamura’s color sketch for the cover and he should be working away on it. This is the NEXT new book to go to the printer in August. The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it."

So it is:
Rifter 55
VK-R
Lemuria (later stated to have 7/26 date)
RT-NG
VK-SB
MiF

Personally I suspect Lemuria may slip to Aug and NG will be in Sep/Oct. GenCon will likely put a damper on new work to. Now a Sep. release for NG could still technically fall into a "Summer of '11" if it's before 9/23 (1st day of fall).
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ShadowLogan wrote:
jaymz wrote:Keep in mind as of right now we won't even have revised Vamp Kingdoms before the last week of July and as far as I know the Vamp Sourcebook is next followed by Lemuria THEN Robotech New Gen.

Not as of the July 7th Press Release (IINM it has been that way for a few releases now to):

"UPDATE: New titles coming soon! Books should start coming one, two, three this month. The Rifter® #55 goes to the printer tomorrow (Friday), the “New and Improved” Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ (that’s what I’m calling it now) goes next, and Rifts® Lemuria immediately after it. We anticipate having copies of all three at Gen Con.

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I approved Apollo Okamura’s color sketch for the cover and he should be working away on it. This is the NEXT new book to go to the printer in August. The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it."

So it is:
Rifter 55
VK-R
Lemuria (later stated to have 7/26 date)
RT-NG
VK-SB
MiF

Personally I suspect Lemuria may slip to Aug and NG will be in Sep/Oct. GenCon will likely put a damper on new work to. Now a Sep. release for NG could still technically fall into a "Summer of '11" if it's before 9/23 (1st day of fall).

If VK goes to the printer TODAY it won't be out until two weeks from now, so a 7/26 date for Lemuria is LUDICROUS. unless of course kevin isn't doing any editing to it at all and just sending it to the printers as is.....good news hopefully for New gen since for quite a while now it seemed VK and VSB were coming out consecutively followed by Lemuria. Let's just hope it isn't a situation of release Vk oly to have a bunch of references to material that will be in VSB and having to wait for an unknown amount of time to get VSB. I really don;t like getting a book only to have a bunch of references to stuff in another book.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

We shall see...
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

jaymz wrote:If VK goes to the printer TODAY it won't be out until two weeks from now, so a 7/26 date for Lemuria is LUDICROUS. unless of course kevin isn't doing any editing to it at all and just sending it to the printers as is.....good news hopefully for New gen since for quite a while now it seemed VK and VSB were coming out consecutively followed by Lemuria. Let's just hope it isn't a situation of release Vk oly to have a bunch of references to material that will be in VSB and having to wait for an unknown amount of time to get VSB. I really don;t like getting a book only to have a bunch of references to stuff in another book.

Lemuria IIRC just popped in out of the blue, just like the Vampire books to overtake the RT-NG book in the release schedule. The release date is a bit much given PB's track record I agree.

Personally i think the vamp books should have been put off to come out closer to Halloween for seasonal tie in, which is likely when VSB will be out given PB's track record.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Personally i think the vamp books should have been put off to come out closer to Halloween for seasonal tie in, which is likely when VSB will be out given PB's track record.
I agree with this
I.....
feel ........
hopeful.....
this ......
time ......?????
I......
think( wish we had more section of smiles face with praying )
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Still don't believe it.
Maybe, MAYBE December, but I would not be surprised if it got pushed back until next year...sometime.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:Still don't believe it.
Maybe, MAYBE December, but I would not be surprised if it got pushed back until next year...sometime.

If he takes as long to edit Lemuria as he took to do Vamp Kingdoms (and history dictates that it most likely will) then yeah December is probably a good bet at the earliest.

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

MikeM wrote:UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how many pages ??????????????????????????????????????
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

update !!!!
By Kevin Siembieda

This Weekly Update starts out on a bit of a down note, but there are a lot of positives and exciting news, like the 2012 Palladium Open House, so please keep reading.

I guess that means I’ll be starting this Weekly Update with a Behind the Scenes Report:

I can’t lie to you, the last couple of months have been very difficult. Poor Alex is in rough shape. Rougher than I’ve let on in previous Updates. I didn’t want to alarm people or embarrass Alex in any way. Without going into too much detail, Alex has been sleeping half the day and when he’s awake his hands noticeably tremble, anxiety makes him a wreck and he looks . . . well, weak and ill. Some days are better than others.

Through all of this, do you know what has been Alex’s big concern? That he’s not pulling his weight at Palladium and letting you and me down. Can you believe that? That’s the kind of guy Alex is. Even faced with his own serious issues he’s worried about the company and the fans.

WAY TO GO ALEX!!!!!!!YOU THE MAN !!!! just dont over do it man your family needs YOU and PB as well

The various pressures of deadlines, Gen Con, Alex, new website, other new projects, and the day to day stuff has been taking its toll on all of us. I’ve been working long and hard hours, but my writing has been slow to moderate when I need fast and faster. At least the writing is as good as ever. Maybe even better. Matthew Clements is becoming a big part of Palladium Books. He is writing several new books and has helped on edit and reviewing the work of 4-5 freelancers. Recently I had him edited a hunk of Vampire Kingdoms. I was flattered by his comment about my work: “Kevin, I see what you mean now about what you want from us as writers. Your level of writing is night and day compared to the rest of us, including my own work. I learned a lot just editing it. I intend to incorporate what I’ve read into my own work. I can hardly wait to see the rest.” I’m not tooting my own horn. I was relieved that my writing was still at the top of my game despite being under pressure and writing slow. I was also pleased he got something out of it on a creative level. Alex had told me the same thing, but it was good to have that confirmed by a third party. You are going to love Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms.

We’re all doing our best under new, difficult circumstances, so please do not lose faith in us. Please don’t be too frustrated or disillusioned by delays. Here’s why.

EVERYTHING ELSE is sliding into place wonderfully.

Alex’s house is finished. We’re waiting for the inspection next week to get the Certificate of Occupancy.
I HOPE THEY GET THE Certificate of Occupancy

Books may be late, but they are going to deliver big! Palladium’s artists and writers have accepted the challenge at the Creators’ Conference and are all working hard to take their work to the next level. Wait till you see the artistry of Chuck Walton, Nick Bradshaw, Mike Mumah, Kent Burles, Mike Leonard, Amy Ashbaugh and others. Wow.

Palladium’s writers are also kicking it into high gear. I had hesitated to mention any of these projects because a few might get cancelled or not finished, or severely delayed. I hate to get people excited and disappoint them with delays or cancellations. HOWEVER, I feel it’s time to share what is in the pipeline or in development. FYI: “In development” means in the process of being written. I’ve probably forgotten a few, so writers, if your book is not in the list it is an oversight, nothing more.

Each and every one of these books is currently in the process of being written. A few are already done and waiting for final review and rewrites. The first three were supposed to be a surprise for 2012.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):

Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook

Chaos Earth™ First Responders (cant wait to have )
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm. (cant wait to have )

Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks. (OMG !!!! )

Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.

Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.

Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™ (cant wait to have )
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™ (cant wait to have )

Rifts® Antarctica (cant wait to have )
Rifts® Black Market(cant wait to have )
Rifts® China Three(cant wait to have )
Rifts® Deep South(cant wait to have )
Rifts® New Navy™(cant wait to have !@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.(cant wait to have!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Rifts® Sovietski™(cant wait to have add to E.B.S.I.S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Rifts® Titan Industries™(cant wait to have )

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™

Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.[color=#FF0000](cant wait to have )

Robotech® UEEF Marines™ ( cant wait to have I WANT THIS BOOK)

Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.

All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.

On the creative side, everything seems to be falling into place. In addition to current Palladium creators taking their craft to the next level, a bunch of old and new Palladium artists and supporters have contacted me about doing work for Palladium Books. That includes RC Aradio, Mike Wilson, Chris Bourassa, Wayne Breaux Jr. (whose artwork is better than ever), Zachary Houghton, and others.

So don’t lose faith when Palladium seems to be positioned to achieve new heights!

We need your help. We need you to continue to spread the word. Run games at conventions and local stores (see the Megaversal Ambassador program for tips on that on the Palladium website around the end of August) There is a new movement of game playing and promo for Palladium gaming events thanks to the efforts of Zachary Houghton, James Brown and Carl Gleba.

Hype up your favorite game company! (We hope that is Palladium.) Be part of a Palladium “grass roots” promotional campaign to bring in new gamers and bring back people who used to play. You do that by talking up the product and memories of past and current fun. Cash flow remains up and down. We need up and up. We need your continued support by purchasing new releases and back stock products. Just as important, you can support Palladium not just by picking up products yourself, but by talking up books you like online and posting links to them in your own posts and websites to the Palladium store. Don’t stop there, talk about them and post links on the Palladium Facebook page, your own Facebook page, etc. Please do it. Let’s go viral!

Let people know Palladium Books® will be at Gen Con Indy. Talk about how you wish you were going. Talk about how people should stop by our booth and check out our books (new and old) or play a demo, especially if they have never played our games, because they’ll love them if they try them. Tell them to start with Dead Reign™, Heroes Unlimited™ or Robotech® if Rifts® or Palladium Fantasy RPG® look too intimidating. These are all great “starter” games and fun. Encourage people who are coming to bring books to be autographed, and chat with me and the creators.

Remind people that Palladium’s games cover almost every genre. Tell ‘em about Dead Reign™, Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane®, BTS™, Rifts®, Robotech® and all the rest. These days a surprising number of people don’t realize we make games for so many different settings or that there is only ONE game system. Learn one Palladium RPG and you can play them ALL. Let people know that. Let people know that Dead Reign™ is the best Zombie Apocalypse RPG on the market, and it’s awesome. In fact, if you haven’t tried it yourself, you are missing out. I can’t believe how much fun it is to play the game and I co-wrote it! Do it. Please. Do it now. Keep doing it.

I want to keep Palladium Books an independent company to keep producing the types of games youlove. Over the last year I have turned down offers from people looking to either buy Palladium Books or to buy a piece of the company. So far, I’ve turned them down because they immediately want to change everything. To crank out second-rate product and produce books that you don’t want or need. It is quickly apparent that they don’t know the RPG market, don’t care about the fans, and mainly want to exploit our I.P.s (intellectual properties) in other market areas. It’s all about the big money for them. Gosh, the stories I could tell you. We have a big company eyeballing us right now. I suspect their offer will be very tempting. We’ll probably talk sometime after Gen Con. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to big business or making money. I would love to license our I.P.s to any number of companies and expand into new markets like videogames, comic books, toys, and, well everything. Time will tell.

If we can get new product released on a monthly basis, keep sales strong and encourage new gamers to try Palladium RPGs, we’ll be okay. (My experience has been 8 out of 10 who play any Palladium game are hooked.) I want us to build Palladium on what we have, not abandon it. I want to keep producing the great games you know and love. Especially now, when so much at the creative level seems to be falling into place beautifully. The only way we can do that is with YOUR support spreading the word and buying those darn products when they finally do come out.

So that’s what’s been transpiring the last six months. That’s why books have been late, because we’ve been coordinating and dealing with so much. That’s why I’m tuckered out and writing slow. I hope you found this update to be mostly positive and exciting. I hope you’ll help us take the company to the next level without Palladium having to turn to a corporate giant. I hope we continue to produce the role-playing game products you want just the way you love them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program . . .

Update: Online sales. The last week or two have been lousy. That’s my fault because I have not been able to write, edit or juggle things any faster to get new books released. Those books will be great. You’ll go crazy for them. And a whole lot more are being created even as you read this.

UPDATE: The Rifter® #55 at the printer, ships July 25. I approved the printer proof yesterday. It looks fabulous from cover to cover. Includes a sneak preview of Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition. It’s another fun-tastic issue you will not want to miss. As always, we are looking for new contributors to future issues of The Rifter®. Next issue is the October “Horror Issue.” Send in your submissions now and you could be in that issue. The Rifter® is designed to publish “fan” created source material, so what are you waiting for? Send us your 8-25 page articles.

Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ New Revised Edition. Everyone who has seen any part of it has been blown away. Almost done. I have about 25% left to finish. Wayne hopes to start layout this weekend. We hope to send it to the printer next week sometime. Note: We WILL have copies at Gen Con, but it will not ship till after we get back, August 10.

UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. (cant wait to have )Final art has been coming in all week. Part of the book has been edited, it’s going to look amazing and you will love the ideas, player characters, monsters, magic and psionics – many of which can be used on dry land as well as underwater. I dive into this book the second I’m done with Vampire Kingdoms. Rifts® Lemuria should go to the printer before Gen Con and is tentatively scheduled to ship August 22. We may have some photocopies or even Print on Demand copies at Gen Con.

[i][u][b]UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September.I WANT THIS BOOK OH MY

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ and Megaverse® in Flames follow it.
Last edited by ZINO on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ESalter
Adventurer

OT: New Book

Unread post by ESalter »

Also in the update: "Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook"!
ZINO
Knight

Re: OT: New Book

Unread post by ZINO »

ESalter wrote:Also in the update: "Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook"!

AHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS GOOD NEW (I HOPE ) MAN !!!!!
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

We should see the Adventure Source book sometime in 2014 ;)

All joking aside, I think that is something Palladium should release for all their lines. Adventures. Not hook, line and sinkers, but an actual adventure like WotC releases for their Fantasy game. I would love a Palladium created adventure that I could run through with my players. (and yes I know there are some in Rifter).

I have such fond memories of Ghost Ship.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Re: OT: New Book

Unread post by thorr-kan »

ZINO wrote:
ESalter wrote:Also in the update: "Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook"!

AHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS GOOD NEW (I HOPE ) MAN !!!!!

Ya gotta admit that's a catchy name for an adventure anthology.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I actually have no want for an adventure sorcebook on genesis pits. I am sure there will be some nice elements. Maybe some invid cybernetics. But canned adventures always fall flat for me. Give me a true sourcebook anyday. Now IIRC new gen was supposed to have genesis pits in it. Maybe this is some of the cuts from the book and expanded.
ESalter
Adventurer

Unread post by ESalter »

MikeM wrote:I have such fond memories of Ghost Ship.

Oh, I hate that book. It's like a mediocre D&D module.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

And what happened to being out in August? Why should we even PRETEND to believe it will be out in September?

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

jaymz wrote:And what happened to being out in August? Why should we even PRETEND to believe it will be out in September?

I will still be surprised if it comes out this year!
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

ESalter wrote:
MikeM wrote:I have such fond memories of Ghost Ship.

Oh, I hate that book. It's like a mediocre D&D module.

Yeah, but I was young at the time. I didn't know better. :)
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Tiree wrote: Maybe some invid cybernetics. But canned adventures always fall flat for me. Give me a true sourcebook anyday. .

I am sold and they should by the way!!!!!
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

MikeM wrote:UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In final production. Should ship September.

Shouldn't we have a cover for it then???
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Chris0013 wrote:

Shouldn't we have a cover for it then???

Kevin has the rough sketches he's approved - it still needs to go to HG too
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

from what I seen so far IT will be approved
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

hrmmmm. Shipped sometime in september eh???

Translation

We probably won't see it till next year sometime if at all.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In production and should ship in September.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!no august at least they are updating it !!!!
Arnie100
Knight

ZINO wrote:
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. In production and should ship in September.

I'll believe that when I'm holding and reading the book.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Arnie100 wrote:
ZINO wrote:

I'll believe that when I'm holding and reading the book.

fair enough I understand :-D
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

UPDATE !!!
Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 2, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook Spoke with Tommy Yune at Harmony Gold and they are excited about this and probably another Robotech® Sourcebook™ coming out this fall. Us too.

everyone send at least one PM letting know we want robotech books or call Palladium books !!!! ask mom and dad first or send a letter for New Generation™ Sourcebook AND MARINE book !!!!
Palladium Books, Inc.
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185
Phone: 734-721-2900

COME ON PEOPLE let do something let have fun WITH ( and let be nice)
let show them that we are many here!!!! one is not enough :D
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I want to know how the heck they plan on getting out an ADDITIONAL Robotech book out by this fall when its taken them over a year to get New Generation out? They got a finished manuscript and artwork all assigned already?
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Easy - the same way they are planning on getting out the Vampire Kingdoms - leftover material from a different Manuscript!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

MikeM wrote:I want to know how the heck they plan on getting out an ADDITIONAL Robotech book out by this fall when its taken them over a year to get New Generation out? They got a finished manuscript and artwork all assigned already?

I dont know but something must of happen and we I should say must wait and may we get an answer to US customer :-D
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i like to say i believe Palladium will have a book out when it says it will. I really would like to say that. But then i would be lying. So what I will say is i love palladium books and will buy more when they produce the stuff i want. KS should be hiring a couple of editors he can trust to handle some of the none rifts stuff since thats his biggest priorty. So we can have books we want beyond rifts. I think this would also help with sells.

but i do look forward to having the new robotech books.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Arnie100
Knight

Tiree wrote:Easy - the same way they are planning on getting out the Vampire Kingdoms - leftover material from a different Manuscript!

It's probably the stuff they couldn't fit in the New Gen book! :D
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... st-18-2011
Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 18, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
I spent most of last week (the week after Gen Con) catching up on business matters. This week I began editing, additions and writing on the Robotech® New Generation™ sourcebook and Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook, as well as coordinating final production of Rifts® Lemuria and other projects. I spoke with a number of freelancers (Mark Dudley, Chuck Walton, Irvin Jackson, and several others), held meetings with the Palladium crew, as well as a fun chat with a fan who dropped by and numerous emails. I want to get the next several books out and to the printer, pronto. I plan to get Robotech® New Generation material into the hands of Harmony Gold for their review and approval starting next week, then I focus entirely on Rifts® Lemuria and the Vampires Sourcebook. All are going to be epic and I want Lemuria in your hands in September and the other two released no later than October. I also want a new Dead Reign sourcebook out in October and Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™, Chaos Earth™: First Responders and another Robotech® sourcebook out no later than December. We are fired up!
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’ve been working on it off and on all week. I am loving Irvin Jackson’s work on this book – he outdid himself on the manuscript. I hope Harmony Gold likes it as much as we do, and gives us quick approval. Robotech® New Generation goes into never explored realms as the setting makes ALL mecha and O.C.C.s from all eras of Robotech® available to player characters. Plus mecha-chimeras – amalgamations of robots, combat vehicles and weapons – in an epic setting of survival and heroism. Join the fight to free Earth from the tyranny of the Invid. We are working on releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

well i would love to see those out as KS hopes and he would have 6 books sold instantly. which would help his sales.

i am however just hoping to get my hands on the new gen book by the end of the year.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... st-25-2011
Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 25, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
Our mission: To get The Rifter® #56, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampires sourcebook and an updated 2011 Catalog all out by October. Heck, I’m hoping to have a Dead Reign™ Sourcebook out by October or November as well. After that, we’re hoping Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™, Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook and another Robotech® Sourcebook will end the year (November and December) with a high note. Or so we are shooting for.
Alex and I are deep into the editing and tweaking of the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’m about halfway through the manuscript and Irvin Jackson has knocked my socks off. I hope Harmony Gold is as pleased and impressed with it as I am. As for fans of Robotech® – I think you will love this book. Freedom Fighters and other O.C.C.s add new flavor to the setting of the New Generation, as do mecha-chimeras or “Frankenmecha” – amalgamations of robots, combat vehicles and weapon systems, new gear, and lots and lots of fun source material and adventure ideas in an epic setting of survival and heroism. Join the fight to free Earth from the tyranny of the Invid. We are optimistic about releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.

Manga size or not manga size? That is the question. And we want your opinion. Should we stay with the manga-size or make this book our usual size? The main problem with the manga-size format is that you cannot lay the book flat open, it automatically closes unless held open. Let us know what you think in our latest poll. And no, we cannot redo the manga-size books in the standard size until they are out of print. That would mean two different sizes of books in the Robotech® series. Share your thoughts with us.
... A “manga” size sourcebook. Or should it be our normal size? Let us know.
192 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count, format and price may be subject to change. October 2011 release.
Note: With any luck, there will be a companion Robotech® sourcebook released by the end of the year.
October 2011 Releases
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting. Cool. Perhaps they can stat out Haydonites better for us since the wrong bad guys were statted out in tSC.

A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech can come together. Sweet.
Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha. Could be Cool
O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder, Invid Protoculture Experiment and more. Pretty happy to see the Protoculutre Experiment. Hopefully cyborgs are included like in the show
The Resistance and how it works. okay. I can see that.
New weapons, vehicles and mecha. Love to see civilian weapons that made appearances in the show. The drone fighter craft, Lunks sniper rifle, various pistols not statted out already in tSC. Love to see some "EBSIS" stuff too.
Adventure and adventure ideas galore.
Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
Cover by Apollo Okamura.
A “manga” size sourcebook. Or should it be our normal size? Let us know. NORMAL SIZE I loath Manga sized.
192 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count, format and price may be subject to change. October 2011 release.

Note: With any luck, there will be a companion Robotech® sourcebook released by the end of the year.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Kagashi wrote:NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting. Cool. Perhaps they can stat out Haydonites better for us since the wrong bad guys were statted out in tSC.

A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech can come together. Sweet.
Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha. Could be Cool
O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder, Invid Protoculture Experiment and more. Pretty happy to see the Protoculutre Experiment. Hopefully cyborgs are included like in the show
The Resistance and how it works. okay. I can see that.
New weapons, vehicles and mecha. Love to see civilian weapons that made appearances in the show. The drone fighter craft, Lunks sniper rifle, various pistols not statted out already in tSC. Love to see some "EBSIS" stuff too.
Adventure and adventure ideas galore.
Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
Cover by Apollo Okamura.
A “manga” size sourcebook. Or should it be our normal size? Let us know. NORMAL SIZE I loath Manga sized.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: FINALLY SOMETHING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!KS BETTER DELIVERY
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

UPDATE:
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. I’m about halfway through the manuscript and Irvin Jackson has knocked my socks off. I hope Harmony Gold is as pleased and impressed with it as I am. As for fans of Robotech® – I think you will love this book. Freedom Fighters and other O.C.C.s add new flavor to the setting of the New Generation, as do mecha-chimeras or “Frankenmecha” – amalgamations of robots, combat vehicles and weapon systems, new gear, and lots and lots of fun source material and adventure ideas in an epic setting of survival and heroism. Join the fight to free Earth from the tyranny of the Invid. We are optimistic about releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.

December AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

We are optimistic about releasing another Robotech® Sourcebook by December and another in February 2012. More on them in a few weeks.
i think thats for a new book... not the 2 yrs late new gen book :)
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

How far into September do you think we'll get before the book is pushed into November? :P

\m/

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”