Glitterboy vs Vagabond and Lvl 3 Linewalker w/ 0 PPE

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CS John
D-Bee

Glitterboy vs Vagabond and Lvl 3 Linewalker w/ 0 PPE

Unread post by CS John »

what do you guys think?
CS John
D-Bee

Unread post by CS John »

2 hand grenades, a fusion block, and a vibro blade
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

okay... the GB totally wouldn't "play dead" and has no need to worry about "natural fortification". If they're hiding on the other side of the hill that's one thing, but behind some trees or boulders or something? Later suckers! I also wouldn't take an action for the GB to activate his thermo vision.

In reality, GB kills both from 2000 feet away. If they do get close, the first blast from the boom gun deafens them both and causes them SIGNIFICANT penalties.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

1LV: Both Vagabond and LLW dive for cover, separate, but within 30' from each other.
1GB: Fires Boomgun (pylons engage the instant trigger is pulled) and odds are one of the two is dead (lets say Vagabond).

2LV: Ley Line Walker not being stupid knows that one of them is dead is prepared and absorbs double the PPE from his dead friend.
2GB: Shoots at Ley Line Walker and he is most likely dead.

3GB: It's Miller time.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

the glitter boy steps on them both and leaves.

then a SAMAS comes in.....no, a MIKADO comes in and kills the Glitter Boy. the Glitter Boy explodes into confetti and we dance.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

GMastEr wrote:GB: Pilot disembarks ("Hey, its only a Vagabond")
VB: Empties 20-round burst into GB pilot from the MP-23A caseless SMG he was concealing behind his back ("Hey, its a gun, isn't it?")

GB pilot takes a statistically average damage of 70 and dies instantly.

(or he knifes the pilot to death with the vibro-blade)

Attack 4

VB: Wonders what he's going to do with a Glitter Boy

do you forget the GB's personalized armor they wear inside the suits? that's 25 MDC. low, but more than enough to stop the VB's puny SDC SMG.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Scyber
D-Bee

Unread post by Scyber »

Depends on what you mean by Glitter Boy.

If you are referring to the pilot, well all they have is 2 grenades, a vibro blade, and a fusion block by your own rules (No GB armor or PA). So I'd have to give it to the LLW & Vagabond by sheer numbers.

If you mean the power armor, you didn't specify a pilot so therefore it stands lifeless while the vagabond chips away w/ a vibro knight.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..You people.

..The Ley Line Walker and the Vagabond do not engage the Glitterboy, instead waiting until 1, the line walker has PPE and 2, the Glitterboy pilot stops to relieve himself.

..Of all the moronic situations...

-Mike :-?
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Bah! The Vagabond throws some Hostess Fruit Pies at the GB.
Game over.

:D
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ript?SK=91
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

round 1) ley line walker siphon PPE from Vagabond, while running into the cover (remember, a moving target is base 12 to hit, and cover would provide a penelty as well [even with thermo vision. tree's show as colder than a person, and if the brush is thick enough, you won't be able to get a good aim.])

round 2) the LLW doubles back on the GB, which crashes through the brush. the vagabond circles back the other way.

round 3) the LLW casts carpet of adhesion into the GB's path, causing it to be stuck. the tree's and brush make aiming its BG difficult, as the trre's and brush restrict movement. the LLW then TK's a log, crashing it into the suit. even with the CoA, it'll be going down. now its trapped in the CoA compleately, and won't be able to move.

round 4) the VB uses the Log to cross to the suit, and drop an active grenade down the BG's Barrel. this will destroy the weapon. then, fusion block to the groin. its a suit seal area, and the blast is likely to pop the suit's seals.

round 5) pilot (very injured) manages to crawl from the suit. VB tosses 2nd grenade, while the LLW casts fireball.

round 6) VB and LLW vacate, since they are now sans weapons, and the GB likely has allies with in a minutes travel.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

Vagabond calls out to GB in French (where did you think it came from?) "He iz a wizard!"

GB fires killing LLW and deafening the vagabond.

GB doesn't waste any ammo on the vagabond using the laser on the secondary weapons package instead.
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Ok...one page of inane posts from people who should know better is enough.

Assuming the Walker manages to obtain any PPE from any source (incl the death of the vagabond) and manages to cast carpet of adhesion...

Considering the GB's strength, (Robotic PS of 30), even failing the save, he can likely walk out of it without too much trouble.

Without assuming obscene conditions, the GB shoots through any cover they might find, probably piercing through up to a 15' wide berm (although the rounds would likely ony do a meesly little 1D6 MDC if the GM was feeling generous...but more than enough to finish of two unarmoured humans.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

What if the Vagabond was Drunk on Pre-Rifts Billy Beer?
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Re:

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

Borast wrote:Considering the GB's strength, (Robotic PS of 30), even failing the save, he can likely walk out of it without too much trouble.

He's stuck there regardless of his strength. A successfully saving throw will enable him to get out in 2d6 melee rounds, which represents how long it takes him to work his way out.

Also, oddly enough, if he successfully saves there's a chance he may be stuck for 12 melee rounds whereas if he purposely failed his save he would be stuck for only 10 rounds at first level. Never really understood that...but eh.

Edit: My apologies for thread necromancy...I was just searching random stuff when I came across this and felt the urge to respond. Sorry!
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Re:

Unread post by Mack »

Joseph Kerr wrote:Edit: My apologies for thread necromancy...I was just searching random stuff when I came across this and felt the urge to respond. Sorry!

But it did give me a good laugh. This might be a thread necromancy record.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Glitterboy vs Vagabond and Lvl 3 Linewalker w/ 0 PPE

Unread post by Giant2005 »

A Glitterboy wouldn't stand a chance against a Greater Norse Giant Ley Line Walker and Vagabond anyway.
After he fails his Save Vs Horror he spends the last moments of his life confined in that walking casket with the smell of his own feces.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

The Vagabond could have up to six super powers. There are too many variables.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Re:

Unread post by keir451 »

Malignor wrote:Okay... 2 unarmored, unprepared characters face off against a GB. the LLW and Vagabond win initiative.

1LV: Both Vagabond and LLW dive for cover, separate, but within 30' from each other.
1GB: Pylons in

2LV: Vagabond allows LLW to drain 70% of PPE (5 PPE on average) and sets the block for 30 seconds.
2GB: Realizing he'll have to flush him out, disengages pylons and heads after the mage.

3LV: Both move to a different location.
3GB: Hears the mage move around the bend and follows.

4LV: Vagabond throws grenade behind GB
4GB: GB pylons in and falls on its back, acting like it's damaged by that grenade, to lure out the grenade thrower.

5LV: LLW, from a visually concealed position, starts casting for Cloud of Smoke. Vagabond out of attacks.
5GB: Continues playing hurt

6GB: Continues playing hurt

==ROUND 2==
1LV: LLW continues casting. Vagabond throws the other grenade.
1GB: Seeing the Vagabond's head pop up to sight the grenade, stands up and fires. Misses because of natural fortification.

2LV: LLW casts cloud of smoke on the GB from behind. Vagabond runs at an angle, toward the GB
2GB: Switches to thermal-optic mode

3LV: LLW has done his part... Vagabond gets to the GB and tries to slide past him
3GB: GB blasts the Vagabond into kibble. The fusion block bounces past him

4L: LLW runs up to grab the pack
4GB: disengages pylons to spin around and reengages em.

5L: LLW kicks the fusion block between the GB's legs.
5GB: blasts the LLW to kibble

4 seconds later, the fusion block goes off and the GB's legs are damaged. thanks to the thermo vision, he didn't see the explosive. The GB walks away, cursing at how expensive the repairs are going to be.

Incorrect. After LLW and Vagabond dive for cover GB fires at the thermal signture of either one of them. Even if he misses the sonic shockwave knocks them down and temporarily deafens them for 2D4 minutes rendering them -8 on initiative and -3 to parry and dodge. If he does not miss then whoever he hit is dead and his partner is running for the hills. GB runs at 60 mph so LLW w/0 PPE or a Vagabond on foot cannot run fast enough/cast spells to help his get away.They are quickly run down and are crushed by the full 1 ton weight of the Gb landing a kick to either one's head or main torso.
GB pylons deploy instantaneously as soon as the Boom gun is fired and retract instantaneously after wards.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Lenwen

Re:

Unread post by Lenwen »

Jason Richards wrote:okay... the GB totally wouldn't "play dead" and has no need to worry about "natural fortification". If they're hiding on the other side of the hill that's one thing, but behind some trees or boulders or something? Later suckers! I also wouldn't take an action for the GB to activate his thermo vision.

In reality, GB kills both from 2000 feet away. If they do get close, the first blast from the boom gun deafens them both and causes them SIGNIFICANT penalties.

Agree with Jason.

Unless the LLW is out of ppe .. due to already casting defensive armor style spells on himself and the Vegabond ..

Both will be dead in very short order ..

2 reasons ..

1) - Caster's can not "concentrate" enough to cast spells when they are under direct fire .. (regardless of if they are hiding behind a tree or not)

2) - the 3d6x10 per shot from the GB canon .. is beyond the normal "armor" capabilities of either LLW and or the Vegabond's ..
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

hmm depends on the races of the vagabond and LLW
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Glitterboy spots the VB and LLW from 2 miles away. Runs their faces through a facial recongition program. He gets a hit on both of them as enemies to Free Quebec, Wanted Dead...
Glitterboy takes aim and wait for them to line-up while walking on the mountain road. Then fires. Killing them both as the two tries to see what is shinning on that other mountain...we hear from the VB just before they both die ... "Is that a Glitterboy, or...?"
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Kagashi
Champion

Re:

Unread post by Kagashi »

Dr. Doom III wrote:1LV: Both Vagabond and LLW dive for cover, separate, but within 30' from each other.
1GB: Fires Boomgun (pylons engage the instant trigger is pulled) and odds are one of the two is dead (lets say Vagabond).

2LV: Ley Line Walker not being stupid knows that one of them is dead is prepared and absorbs double the PPE from his dead friend.
2GB: Shoots at Ley Line Walker and he is most likely dead.

3GB: It's Miller time.

Agreed. This isnt even a contest. Unless the LLW and Vagabond are Adult Dragons.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

For a minute there, the first time I saw this topic I thought it was another Vs thread started by Lenwen...
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The Beast wrote:For a minute there, the first time I saw this topic I thought it was another Vs thread started by Lenwen...

Not this time. I actually put up plausible scenario's that give each combatent at LEAST a chance..

The LLW and Vagabond .. have NO chance .. :P
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Lenwen wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:okay... the GB totally wouldn't "play dead" and has no need to worry about "natural fortification". If they're hiding on the other side of the hill that's one thing, but behind some trees or boulders or something? Later suckers! I also wouldn't take an action for the GB to activate his thermo vision.

Agree with Jason.

Unless the LLW is out of ppe .. due to already casting defensive armor style spells on himself and the Vegabond ..

2 reasons ..

1) - Caster's can not "concentrate" enough to cast spells when they are under direct fire .. (regardless of if they are hiding behind a tree or not)

2) - the 3d6x10 per shot from the GB canon .. is beyond the normal "armor" capabilities of either LLW and or the Vegabond's ..

In regards to 1) I think that only counts for higher level spells as per RUE page 189/190.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

grandmaster z0b wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Agree with Jason.

2 reasons ..

In regards to 1) I think that only counts for higher level spells as per RUE page 189/190.

And ?

Fact is fact .. they can not get off anything that requires 2 actions (high lvl spell) or more when under fire right ?

It does not say wether its you throwing rocks at them .. or shooting a ranged weapon of some type at them .. they can not get spells off if under direct fire ..

:lol:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

CS John wrote:what do you guys think?

I think there's not enough information.

But heck, I'll make some up.

The Vagabond has a set of NE-C20 Camouflage Variable Armor (80 MDC) with a built-in N-F50 Superheavy Force Field (160 MDC), and an ATL-7 Laser Rifle (3d6x10+20 MD per shot/clip) with one extra clip.

The Line Walker has a suit of TW Mystic Power Armor (150 MDC) and a Staff of Eylor.

These two are lying in ambush for the Glitterboy, with the line walker using the staff's Chameleon spell (paid for by the staff's PPE) and the vagabond is in hiding in the trees, and using his camouflage armor.
They get a surprise attack.

-The Vagabond makes a Called Shot (he's had time to aim before the surprise round is started) at the Boom Gun for 125 MD, reduced down to 62 MD because of the laser resistance.
-The Line Walker uses his staff to cast Fear (HF 16).
The GB rolls to save, but has no bonuses so it's very likely that he'll fail.

Roll for init, GB loses due to failing the HF roll.
1st round of attacks:
-The Vagabond moves to a new position, hides, and reloads.
-The Line Walker has not given away his location, so he is free to attack. He uses the staff to cast Call Lightning at the GB, hitting for 21 MD.
-The GB lost his attack to the Horror Factor

2nd round of attacks:
-The Vagabond once again aims at the Boom Gun
-The mage casts Fly As The Eagle
-The GB looks for his attackers, but fails to find them.

3rd round of attacks:
-The Vagabond once again shoots the Boom Gun, for another 62 MD (124 MD gone, leaving 51 MD left)
-The mage flies straight at the Glitter Boy
-The GB shoots at the mage, hitting him for 105 MD.

4th round of attacks:
-The Vagabond reloads, this time using one of the mage's spare E-clips that he borrowed before the battle.
-The Mage casts Magic Net at the GB.
-The GB attempts to dodge, but fails (only has +2 bonus), and is caught in the magic net, helpless.

Mage: "Okay, done. I got him."
Vagabond: "What the...? Why the heck didn't you do that before I wasted two clips on his gun?"
Mage: "He might have dodged... besides, it's cooler this way."
Vagabond: "Cooler!? We can sell that gun, you know... now it's damaged and not worth as much!"
Mage: "Sorry, man. That's how I roll."
Vagabond: "And why the heck did you have us ambush from so far away, instead of hitting him from far away, then flying straight at him and giving him a chance to shoot you? None of this makes any ****ing sense!"
Mage: "It's Rifts, dude. It doesn't have to make sense."
Vagabond: (Glares at mage, then swivels his gun around)

Roll for new initiative
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Lenwen wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Agree with Jason.

2 reasons ..

And ?

Fact is fact .. they can not get off anything that requires 2 actions (high lvl spell) or more when under fire right ?

It does not say wether its you throwing rocks at them .. or shooting a ranged weapon of some type at them .. they can not get spells off if under direct fire ..

:lol:

I was just pointing out that they could in fact cast low level spells even if under fire.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Has no one else noticed that this thread was dead for 7 years?
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Dog_O_War wrote: Has no one else noticed that this thread was dead for 7 years?

Mack wrote:
Joseph Kerr wrote:Edit: My apologies for thread necromancy...I was just searching random stuff when I came across this and felt the urge to respond. Sorry!

But it did give me a good laugh. This might be a thread necromancy record.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The LLW, being smart, pretends to be a innocent bystander by not dressing like prototypical mage, and after making a friend of the GB pilot over drinks later wins the day by having another comrade.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Dog_O_War wrote:Has no one else noticed that this thread was dead for 7 years?

Yeah, I saw that after I noticed the originator wasn't Lenwen.

Return to “Rifts®”