Jumping rule for

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thefirstromeo
D-Bee

Jumping rule for

Unread post by thefirstromeo »

Ok I been looking for rules on jumping rules for human, bionic,supernatural characters. And let's say some have gymnastics and others don't. Been months now on the ruling.

Please help
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Re: Jumping rule for

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

Searched "Jumping" and found this.

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:LEAPING/JUMPING QUESTIONS

Question: Someone asked this question in the Beyond The Supernatural forum....and I gotta say, this is a really good question.
The only place jumping distances are located to my knowledge is in the FIRST EDITION acrobatics skill. Nowhere else!! And even then, what about characters WITHOUT acrobatics??
We have a table how far a character can throw all kinds of different weights, how long they can exert themselves. But no real way of determining if a character can jump a ravine without using real-world physics knowledge. Something alot of players and GMs don't necessarily have...
Since it is hard to find (or not feasible in some people's cases) first edition books, and not really worth the money for 1 skill description. Can we have an "official" answer to this one?
Pretty please with sugar on top,
Thanks, with much love.
Answer: I believe I've seen three methods for this, though there may be more. ATB2 has a standard leaping ability listed (page 72) for different creatures, listing humans as being able to leap four feet across, three feet high without using an object, and that is increased by 50% for a full speed running start. The Heroes Unlimited GM Guide has a much more useful ruling in it's wonderfully expanded Super-Brawling Rules, where a full speed running start allows a normal character to leap one half foot for every point of P.S. long/across and half that vertically, reduced by 40% for a standing start. I've also seen (for Rifts), "For humans, figure that normal untrained characters can leap 4' high and 5' long. Characters with either the acrobatics or gymnastics skills increase their distance by 2' per level of experience (Note: This is 2' for either skill; having both skills will NOT increase the distance beyond the 2'). Modifying a character's leaping distance for physical attributes (i.e. speed, strength, and/or prowess) is an option for the individual GM." Though it's validity and location in a book are unknown.
UPDATE: According to Tinker Dragoon, the Rifts version of the Jumping Rules can be found in RMB, 12th printing or later, on page 44, bottom left corner (evidently prior to that printing, it's a picture of a SAMAS).

In the Misc. Rules for Rifts Ultimate Edition. http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=79337&hilit=jump+leap
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Re: Jumping rule for

Unread post by mobuttu »

Check out this blog entry where you can find out leaping distances from various OCC. Hope this helps.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o

Return to “Rifts®”