Question about the Zentraedi

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Question about the Zentraedi

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zents are treated as humans mostly in the realm of combat. So 4 APM for low level Zent's, with higher level ones with more APM.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Zent bonuses are based on their attributes and skill selections, so you have to create partial NPCs at the very least.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Just use the appropriate RCC to gauge what they are supposed to have. Most have HTH Expert I beleive which mean 4 attacks at 1st level plus any additional when using Mecha Combet Elite Training.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Depending on how the GM handles it, anyway. In one game, the daughter of two warrior elites was acknowledged herself as being still a warrior elite, in terms of the RCC bonuses for specific caste. But that game might not be the normal. :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

The bonuses are separate from the listed skills and MOS stuff. Outside of that, a natural born Zentraedi/Meltrandi isn't programmed by the chamber, thusly isn't by nature going to have the full RCC. One with a parent from a different class might not have so much pass through, or might have it come through differently. Basically as a bonus for it being a full Zentraedi, kinda. Meh. Ignore me. :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I make the characters roll up as if they were Human. This is due to the fact in my view that Zent's are heavily on Steroids and other Chemicals, and once introduced into Human Society this is no longer the case. For those who are still part of the Zent Culture they would be eating Zent Food Paste, which has steroids and birth control hormones
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

josephddm wrote:
Tiree wrote:I make the characters roll up as if they were Human. This is due to the fact in my view that Zent's are heavily on Steroids and other Chemicals, and once introduced into Human Society this is no longer the case. For those who are still part of the Zent Culture they would be eating Zent Food Paste, which has steroids and birth control hormones

But if those Zents are from a marriage between both parents or one parent Zentran and has full or half blood in his/her inheritance from the Zentran,there could be the possibility to have a character with some extra skills in combat and or flying or in his/her physical shape (taller,coloured hair and or skin,tougher,chemical dependant making him/she berserk in combat,etc..),that's why I recommend a reward for that elaborated background.

Well if they are full blood. I think they would get the full bonus of at least a basic Zentreadi\ Meltreadi warrior.If they are a half blood they would only get half bonuses.I think that part of the programming would be passed down to them.Remmber the programming is in their DNA as clones.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

josephddm wrote:
Tiree wrote:I make the characters roll up as if they were Human. This is due to the fact in my view that Zent's are heavily on Steroids and other Chemicals, and once introduced into Human Society this is no longer the case. For those who are still part of the Zent Culture they would be eating Zent Food Paste, which has steroids and birth control hormones

But if those Zents are from a marriage between both parents or one parent Zentran and has full or half blood in his/her inheritance from the Zentran,there could be the possibility to have a character with some extra skills in combat and or flying or in his/her physical shape (taller,coloured hair and or skin,tougher,chemical dependant making him/she berserk in combat,etc..),that's why I recommend a reward for that elaborated background.

The only benefit is they can choose their quick roll stat groupings. Once their parents are no longer in Zent Society, they do not fall into Zent's extra bonuses and pluses. It also makes dealing with TSC without Macross and Masters Saga Sourcebooks being available an option.

But I also don't allow Zent's to have augmented strength micronized.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

josephddm wrote:Maybe a couple of extra skills or W.P.s,but for me is o.k. that they have augmented P.S. attributes because that shows their inheritance and the fact that they are a Second Generation Zentran under human tutelage if we have on count those Zentran survivors from Breetai's fleet.They are a warrior breed,and their gens from time to come they would be too and so their sons and grandsons for at least four generations of individuals,until their blood would be so dispersed and mixed that they cannot remember their ancestors and this would turn into some special individuals,those who show extra speed,strength,coloured hair,superior piloting or combat skills,etc...(a roll of 85 or better in 1D100 per each zentran character rolled).

Not in my world. The second and half breed generations end up being humans with the ability to grow, and even then it causes major stress on the character.

Being a Zentraedi or Tirolean is for the most part, just a background feature of a character, not substance through statistics.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I don't see a need to reward a behavior that is natural to the players. They seek out something that is in itself unique. But I also had to make that determination when I started a game in the Shadow Chronicles. The fact that the books did not come out in a timely manner, nor did TSC have rules for alternate races within the core book, left the players a bit stuck with wanting to play an alternate race.

Now that I have all the books, I believe that the books are not coherent/consistent enough as a group to make it truly playable without some major editing.

If I was going to edit the system, I definitely would not give Zent's Augmented Strength when micronized, but a boost yes. Probably on average they would get around a +10 split between several statistics. The same would be the same with the other additional races, and thus half breeds would get a +5. I would need to spend a weekend re-editing the books to make that determination though.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Gryphon wrote:A question though: Are Zentreadi all possessed of Augmented strength levels even when micronized? I would think this would be better reflected by attribute bonuses rather than some dramatic level of strength enhancement? Heck, I never noticed any significant sign that any female Zentraedi was any stronger than a healthy human female athlete, possibly more agile than most, but no stronger.

According to the rules, yes the Zentraedi have augmented strength when micronized. It's BS in my book, but it is there.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Seek out Macross 2 for the info on full blooded, half breed and others of Zentraedi descent. It has full table that gives the complete bonuses.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

It's because it wasn't explained well in Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles either.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”