Mirror Mage Problems

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Mirror Mage Problems

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

I'm a bit annoyed with the Mirror Mage. I don't feel they have a clearly defined role. They're written up with the goal of being a Mage that taps into the power of the Mirrorwall to fuel their spells at the disadvantage of fracturing it. Only instead of casting lots of spells for cheap and potentially fracturing the Mirrorwall in several places, releasing all sorts of critters, they're restricted to mirror, summoning, and Rifting spells. The latter two they don't have access to at early levels and the former being made up of mostly useless spells. Reflect Light is a spell that serves no purpose.

How have others made Mirror Mages more...useful?

Have you eased up on restrictions on spells? Maybe cast certain spells through mirrors? Energy Bolt is flung from a hand mirror?

It seems if you, as a Mirror Mage, were more familiar with dimensional and summoning spells you would have the necessary utility spells to...oh, I dunno...help you out with those two types of magic that are some of the most dangerous to utilize.

On top of lacking any decent kind of utility spells, there are only 2 spells they can choose from level 4 when they're supposed to get 3 from each levels 1-4 for a total of 12.

Am I missing something to this class or are they just kinda meh?

Thanks,

- Joseph.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Mirror Mage Problems

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Use them as your NPC villain. Then they rock!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

They're not bad, just highly specalized.

They're very valuble: if you happen to need something done that they do do.

Palladium in general dosn't belive that all OCC's necessarly need to have their special powers useful in a varaity or even majority of situations. Some, like the mirror mage, are ment to be played as Non-powered classes right up until they DO shine.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

There may or may not be a manuscript planned by a certain freelance writer, who may or may not be my occasional writing partner, that may or may not give you more to work with in regards to the Mirrorwall and Mirror Mages... Was that vague enough for you, or should I redact something? :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Warwolf wrote:There may or may not be a manuscript planned by a certain freelance writer, who may or may not be my occasional writing partner, that may or may not give you more to work with in regards to the Mirrorwall and Mirror Mages... Was that vague enough for you, or should I redact something? :D

You failed to put in sufficent patriotisem in your message and failed to include at least two references to the recent good works of the preserver party and how they make all good things possible. I'm afraid you have 24 hours to edit this message before mandatory assignment to the company's Re-education Retreat this weekend. :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Warwolf wrote:There may or may not be a manuscript planned by a certain freelance writer, who may or may not be my occasional writing partner, that may or may not give you more to work with in regards to the Mirrorwall and Mirror Mages... Was that vague enough for you, or should I redact something? :D

You failed to put in sufficent patriotisem in your message and failed to include at least two references to the recent good works of the preserver party and how they make all good things possible. I'm afraid you have 24 hours to edit this message before mandatory assignment to the company's Re-education Retreat this weekend. :D

Crap! But I just got back from the last retreat! I'm sick of eating ground Slitherer on stale, whole-wheat toast... :-(
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

that pretty much sums it up. It was fun from an RP prespective, but it really makes you appriciate a world where order is enforced by the will of malevoent evil beings...

Umm. Did I mention that Darklords version of the mirror wall is REALLY ****'ed up? :D

Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:that pretty much sums it up. It was fun from an RP prespective, but it really makes you appriciate a world where order is enforced by the will of malevoent evil beings...

Umm. Did I mention that Darklords version of the mirror wall is REALLY ****'ed up? :D
No, you did not. But that's ok, because such a claim would be understatement.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
omega2672
D-Bee

Unread post by omega2672 »

ROFLMAO!

To answer truthfully Warwolf that is vague enough, but if you want to redact something I would suggest every other word to really comfuse people.
"Hold onto your lifelines Gents, it's going to be a bumpy ride!" Captain Amelia, Treasure Planet
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

omega2672 wrote:

ROFLMAO!

To answer truthfully Warwolf that is vague enough, but if you want to redact something I would suggest every other word to really comfuse people.

I try. :lol:

By way of update, the afore-mentioned person may or may not have expressed his/her/its intention to work on a Nightbane book after completing the next book on their to-do list. I, on the other hand, am over halfway done with my latest Nightbane manuscript.
omega2672
D-Bee

Unread post by omega2672 »

Warwolf wrote:
omega2672 wrote:

ROFLMAO!

I try. :lol:

By way of update, the afore-mentioned person may or may not have expressed his/her/its intention to work on a Nightbane book after completing the next book on their to-do list. I, on the other hand, am over halfway done with my latest Nightbane manuscript.

I'm glad you got a laugh out of the warwolf.
And thank you for the the update.
"Hold onto your lifelines Gents, it's going to be a bumpy ride!" Captain Amelia, Treasure Planet
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

The whole disadvantage of fracturing the mirror wall is null and void in our games, Mate.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Nightbane®”