Demi God questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Demi God questions

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Judging by the only cannon exsample of a dragon demigod, Styphonal in Atlantis, they have normal but superior attributes for a dragon of their type and maximum possible MDC. I would presume to say that they would roll as normal but have extrodanary minimums in all catagories.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Since a demigod is the result of a deity mating with a human being (in mythoi anyway), I would think it stands to reason that the demigods could also breed with human beings. In that case, I'd use stats in between that of the demigod and that of the human being that participated in the 'making'.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

You could always use the Cosmo-Knight rule on stats:

Roll up the stats for your "mated with" creature and then roll up a standard Demi-Gods stats and pick whichever is HIGHER for each stat!

Although, I use this example as the exception moreso than the rule. The Cosmo-Knight is the only character I know of that even HAS this option available to it in the first place!
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Here's one; A demi-god Sea Titan, in this instance I'd use the Sea Titan abilities and stats as baseline then add the Demi-God abilities on top. In the end you get a being who is already effectively immortal, an MD being, able to survive w/out eating or breathing and able to dive up to a depth of nearly 1 mile under water (IIRC), and a higher chance of being a Master level psion, then you add the Demi-God magical abilities and you've got a truly strong character. :twisted: Talk about Munchkin!!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Johnathan
Adventurer

keir451 wrote:Here's one; A demi-god Sea Titan, in this instance I'd use the Sea Titan abilities and stats as baseline then add the Demi-God abilities on top. In the end you get a being who is already effectively immortal, an MD being, able to survive w/out eating or breathing and able to dive up to a depth of nearly 1 mile under water (IIRC), and a higher chance of being a Master level psion, then you add the Demi-God magical abilities and you've got a truly strong character. :twisted: Talk about Munchkin!!!

If you want to go munchkin, go one step further: sea Titan Demi-God with the Mystic option (remember that if you choose the spell caster ability you get EVERY SPELL of your level and lower) who also becomes a Sea Inquisitor O.C.C. It's broken. Very broken. I admit that... But by all rights (somehow, miraculously) STILL legal!
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Emperor Ryu wrote:The only thing I can offer right now, is to refer to the Rifts Conversion Book 2: Pantheons of the Megaverse Book, page 17, and find the N.P.C. examples, and adjust accordingly along the guidelines.

I hope you have fun. :-D

The RCB2 is one of the places where there is the DemiGod is detailed as class. The other place is in the HU2 main book in the Mega-Hero section of the book.

While the rifts class is a bit static in it's stats, the one in the hu2 book basically modifies the base stats of the mundane races stats and abilities.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Johnathan wrote:
keir451 wrote:Here's one; A demi-god Sea Titan, in this instance I'd use the Sea Titan abilities and stats as baseline then add the Demi-God abilities on top. In the end you get a being who is already effectively immortal, an MD being, able to survive w/out eating or breathing and able to dive up to a depth of nearly 1 mile under water (IIRC), and a higher chance of being a Master level psion, then you add the Demi-God magical abilities and you've got a truly strong character. :twisted: Talk about Munchkin!!!

If you want to go munchkin, go one step further: sea Titan Demi-God with the Mystic option (remember that if you choose the spell caster ability you get EVERY SPELL of your level and lower) who also becomes a Sea Inquisitor O.C.C. It's broken. Very broken. I admit that... But by all rights (somehow, miraculously) STILL legal!

Yep! And I used to rage against the machine of Munchkinism, now look how far I've fallen. :cry: :P
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Hmph...I still like the the Fire Warlock Scarecrow (or is it Bursters that are immune to fire?).

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Drewkitty actually brings up a good point too. Using the demigod stats in PU2 would alleviate this problem. Even though it's not originally RIFTS, it's easily converted (the conversion is there too).

Just roll up a regular species and apply the boosts that are given in that demigod section in PU2. Easy fix.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Except the Sea Titan genetics over-rule those of the Demi-god; so you're left with a Sea Titan.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Emperor Ryu wrote:
Anti wrote:Thanks, the HU2 book answer was great, unfortunately I don't have that book :(

If you do get the book, let us know how it is for you. :)

PB's x-mass surprise package can help you with that.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Vrykolas2k wrote:

Except the Sea Titan genetics over-rule those of the Demi-god; so you're left with a Sea Titan.

I have not read the Sea Titan in a while, which section does it mention this under? Not arguing mind you I just somehow thought the Demigod DNA over-ruled others is all.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

For one thing it is not DNA that give it's offspring its supernaturalness, it is the part of it spirt/self that combines with the life/spirt of the other parent that gives such SN attributes to the offspring. This is for both ST's and DG's.
This is basic stuff. :roll:

It would take a GM's ruling about which side of the mating would be dominate to settle the dispute for your own groups. Because unless KS publishes a canon ruling about it, any debate will just stay in the realm of house rules.

I would say that between the two options presented that the deific supernaturalness would be dominant due to the part that it came from a god.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:For one thing it is not DNA that give it's offspring its supernaturalness, it is the part of it spirt/self that combines with the life/spirt of the other parent that gives such SN attributes to the offspring. This is for both ST's and DG's.

It would take a GM's ruling about which side of the mating would be dominate to settle the dispute for your own groups. Because unless KS publishes a canon ruling about it, any debate will just stay in the realm of house rules.

I would say that between the two options presented that the deific supernaturalness would be dominant due to the part that it came from a god.

Me asking Vrykolas a non argumentative non challenging honest question entitles me to an eyeroll? Seriously? What an ass. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Preacher wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:For one thing it is not DNA that give it's offspring its supernaturalness, it is the part of it spirt/self that combines with the life/spirt of the other parent that gives such SN attributes to the offspring. This is for both ST's and DG's.

Me asking Vrykolas a non argumentative non challenging honest question entitles me to an eyeroll? Seriously? What an ass. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Agreed.

To answer, I got confused between Sea Titan and Amazon (been awhile since I read either description as well).
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

If it is to be an ass to be blunt about the truth then I would rather be an ass then a lier. :crane:
-------------------
But when you are talking about supernatural beings you are talking about how the soul of the being affects the world, not about genetics.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic Locked since folks don't know how to play nice.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”