SPLICERS:Unleashed "The Polls"

I would like to introduce everyone to the 1st “Splicers: Unleashed” contest and the havoc that will reign form henceforth in this epic & awesome RPG. This is a submissions contest where you will get a chance to get your imaginative visions brought to life as an optional contribution to the Splicers setting. I wanted to bring some spice for this setting and open the floodgates for your imaginations to be stimulated like none before. This is a contest where EVERYONE can take part and submit, judge & market their most creative, deadly and wicked ideas for Splicers. - Premier aka Chuck Walton

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Choose 4 Entries that you would l most like to see Unleashed

Poll ended at Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:45 am

Akhult Warmount
8%
Bio-Frag Grenades (Frigs)
1%
Bio-Immortality
4%
Casper Warmount
1%
Croshak Warmount
1%
Iron Shell Warmount
8%
Limnivore Host Armor
2%
Lusca Warmount
10%
Maelstrom Warmount
6%
Mourning Star Warmount
6%
Nautilus Trooper OCC
11%
Nightmare Biotics RCC/OCC
6%
Piranha Host Armor Template
1%
Piscivore Host Armor (scroll down a bit)
1%
Ragdoll OCC
8%
Salsivore Host Armor
5%
Sea Devil OCC
5%
Slipstream Pack
6%
Snapper (Melee Bio-Weapon)
No votes
Soothsayer Cult
7%
Tempest Rider OCC
2%

Total votes: 84

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

SPLICERS:Unleashed "The Polls"

Unread post by Premier »

Welcome to Phase 2 of SPLICERS: Unleashed!

This marks the 2nd chapter of this contest where everyone gets to weigh in their (4) VOTES, express their views, opinions, constructive critics and discuss their favorite choice (s). For those who have contributed, you are more than welcome to adjust/modify your submitted Entries to best sell your Entry(s) as this poll allows the Voters to choose up to 4 options and they can change their vote(s) so put your game faces on Spliceheads! BTW, I am so proud of EVERYONE that I am thinking of uping the Winners total up to the Top-5 Selections and we may go DIGITAL Color here... ("Maybe" that is...)

I suggest EVERYONE review the Submissions Thread to enjoy the AWESOME Entries before voting. Please feel free to ask questions to the respective Creators and respectfully discuss their ideas.

NOW let the SPLICE FLOW...
Last edited by Premier on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: SPLICERS:Unleashed "The Polls"

Unread post by Shark_Force »

just a minor suggestion, you might consider having the first post include links to each individual post with a submission. if you'd like, i can do the grunt-work (can't be nearly as much involved as compiling Taalismn's paladin steel store stuff) and you can just c/p it into the first post? (in fact, that's probably better if we do it that way... you're probably pretty busy with the sourcebook, hopefully... )
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:just a minor suggestion, you might consider having the first post include links to each individual post with a submission. if you'd like, i can do the grunt-work (can't be nearly as much involved as compiling Taalismn's paladin steel store stuff) and you can just c/p it into the first post? (in fact, that's probably better if we do it that way... you're probably pretty busy with the sourcebook, hopefully... )

This is why I love the Palladiumbooks Supporters, especially the Splicers crew so much. Thank You Sharkforce and I will be glad to c/p your suggestion to make things flow smoother. ANd Yes, the Soucebooks are in full swing production and we are wrapping up the first one finally.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Thanks to the mighty Shark Force, We are live and running with links to the actual Entries!!! :D

Awesome job and the "VIOLET WAVE" wont forget you SharkForce...

Now let the the voting begin and great start Lord Z on the discussions
Shark_Force
Palladin

heh, looks like we need a lot more votes... there's something like a 5-way tie at the moment :P (the good news is that means we've got a lot of quality entries i figure if we don't have just one or two blowing all the others out of the water...)
Shark_Force
Palladin

23 votes?

who's holding back? :P (you get two votes, remember)
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

At least we now have more votes than entries...
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Slipstream Pack and tempest rider should go together. Just saying.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Slipstream Pack and tempest rider should go together. Just saying.

I agree
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

In need of establishing some lead ranks (tie breakers), not the turn Out I was seeking (sigh) and for the honest reason that there are just so many great ideas to choose from, I uped the vote count to (4). So we all have a 2 additional votes to utilize. This should make things interesting...
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

up the votes and we go to a 6 way tie come one people and vote
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Interestingly, I ended up voting for four choices from four different contributors. Well, it was interesting to me anyway.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Shark_Force
Palladin

i'd just like to point out that when *i* added my extra 2 votes, one of mine was a tie-breaker, unlike the person who voted after me for the other option and tied things up again :P
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

66 votes with 4 votes per person, hmmm... who is holding out here? :-?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

75 votes, the leader has 8 votes. An entry of mine went from 1 vote to 6 in a single day. It is still anyones race to win.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Hey Spliceheads, since it looks like there will be some possible gridlocks, any ideas/suggestions on how to break the ties?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

In the event of a tie, I suggest that the judges pick a winner. Hey, that's what a judge does.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Someone voted (curiously raising the total from 75 to 78). The leader is holding onto a razor thin lead. There is a two-way tie for second place and now also a two-way tie just behind them.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

and i just upped them to a 4 way tie for second place. oops.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Talk about a close campaign run, you guys are killing me, :lol: So far it looks like its still anyone's chance as the scores are so close and one or two people's votes can literally effect the outcomes. I know I will be going to a 5th placement so lets get everthing in (adjust your final submission posts if need be) that you can and I will begin to get the Judges together for discussing the polls final tallies tommorrow.

We will be looking at Delivery, Innovation & Utilization of what was provided as the basis for our critic.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Premier wrote:Talk about a close campaign run, you guys are killing me, :lol: So far it looks like its still anyone's chance as the scores are so close and one or two people's votes can literally effect the outcomes. I know I will be going to a 5th placement so lets get everthing in (adjust your final submission posts if need be) that you can and I will begin to get the Judges together for discussing the polls final tallies tommorrow.

We will be looking at Delivery, Innovation & Utilization of what was provided as the basis for our critic.

Just let me know, man.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

First OFF, Let me say JOB WELL DONE to ALL the Spliceheads who participated in the 1st Unleashed contest! Second, I am really astonished with all the sweet ideas that came forth and I am excited about illustrating these visions! Now comes the hard part for us judges and that is making decisions on which entries will move forward to the fianl phase of being Unleashed. I will begin discussions with them and see what comes forth. Now the suspense begins...

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Premier wrote:Talk about a close campaign run, you guys are killing me, :lol: So far it looks like its still anyone's chance as the scores are so close and one or two people's votes can literally effect the outcomes. I know I will be going to a 5th placement so lets get everthing in (adjust your final submission posts if need be) that you can and I will begin to get the Judges together for discussing the polls final tallies tommorrow.

Just let me know, man.

Hey GK,
I will be composing an email very shortly to get us going on the judging and the Unleashed material thereafter. So keep your eyes peeled.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Premier wrote:First OFF, Let me say JOB WELL DONE to ALL the Spliceheads who participated in the 1st Unleashed contest! Second, I am really astonished with all the sweet ideas that came forth and I am excited about illustrating these visions! Now comes the hard part for us judges and that is making decisions on which entries will move forward to the fianl phase of being Unleashed. I will begin discussions with them and see what comes forth. Now the suspense begins...

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Just let me know, man.

Hey GK,
I will be composing an email very shortly to get us going on the judging and the Unleashed material thereafter. So keep your eyes peeled.
me too??!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I just want to wish evey splice-head a happy Thanksgiving.

On a side note, best of luck to Premier on the Unleashed drawings.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:I just want to wish evey splice-head a happy Thanksgiving.

Great Thoughts and I hope you & everyone also had a Happy Thanksgiving! BTW, the judging process has begun & I am highly interested in the final results of this contest. As I complete my current plate workload, I will also be opening a Special on Splicers Sketches at $25 -30 USD plus shipping for those who might be interested in getting their ideas of Host Armors, Warmounts, Biotics, Characters, gorebeasts, etc., "sketched' by me. These aren't my fully illustrated and heavily detailed illustrations but they will be of good Sketch quality. Just PM if your interested.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

Premier wrote:

Great Thoughts and I hope you & everyone also had a Happy Thanksgiving! BTW, the judging process has begun & I am highly interested in the final results of this contest. As I complete my current plate workload, I will also be opening a Special on Splicers Sketches at $25 -30 USD plus shipping for those who might be interested in getting their ideas of Host Armors, Warmounts, Biotics, Characters, gorebeasts, etc., "sketched' by me. These aren't my fully illustrated and heavily detailed illustrations but they will be of good Sketch quality. Just PM if your interested.

will be hearing from me as soon as my other project is finished and i can get the money into my paypal account
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kevarin wrote:
Premier wrote:

will be hearing from me as soon as my other project is finished and i can get the money into my paypal account

Good deal! :D

Return to “Splicers® Unleashed!”