Vehicles: What do YOU want to see?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

renfield
Explorer

Vehicles: What do YOU want to see?

Unread post by renfield »

Some of y'all have looked at (And commented positively on, thank you!) my Badger HERT. I am interested in developing other vehicles, mainly for civilian use and practicle vehicles for everday usage; whether used by everyday folk for lcoal travel or specialty vehicles for construction etc...
Like eveyone here I love Rifts and it's plethora of mechnical monstrosities, but there are a TON of military vehicles that will never see use in the average campaign except against the players. I'd like to see more vehicles that will be used by the average party, people living in cities, farm vehicles etc...
I've got a few other designs I'll be working on making stats for and posting up later on including Rocket Bikes, High Speed Hovercraft designed for Racing and some other odds and ends. Right now if you have request let me know and I'll see what i cna do. Typically it only takes me a few hours to turn out a 3-D model as the Program I use is SUPER simple but I cna get kind of busy (especially prepping for a Rifts adventure!) but I'll get to it as best as I can.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Vehicles: What do YOU want to see?

Unread post by taalismn »

The Ultimate Volkswagon Beetle...
Or, a Rift-fied Honda Civic. :D :D :D
Why? Because I've had both cars... :)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I would love to offer the Post Apocalyptic Mobile Home:The Rifts Hover Home! Think of it: Travelling across the Rifted Wastelands on a Hover Home! A MDC floating home that can safely transport a small family or even an Adventuring Party in MUCH GREATER COMFORT than some old ATV or beat-up old truck! The Rifts Hover Home has it all; Bunk beds for Four and a folding Master Bed for Two! It has a mini-kitchen and even a private SHOWER!!!(Water is shared between the kitchen sink and the shower so due caution should be taken not to run out before everyone/thing is clean). A Main Area that can be used for dining, or as a living room is at the center of the Hover Home. This Model has excellent sound proofing to allow the occupants to sleep as the Hover Home sails upon a cusion of air. It even has a roof mounted Turret Weapon (Any NG Energy Rifle will fit/ROF:As Gunner) to protect Home and Family! Yes the Hover Home has it all for the Families of Rifts Earth that need to keep on moving!
Made by NG Manufaturers.

Class of Vehicle: Hover Craft
Designation: NG HV-4M
Size: 40 Ft Long X 16 ft wide X 14 ft tall
Water Storage: 450 Gallons
Range: 300 Miles on Gasoline/Electric OR Unlimited if Nuclear (Very Rare and Expensive! And a Maximum Travel Time of Eight (8) Hours at Cruising Speed or just Two (2) Hours at top speed, with a Cool off time 1 Hour per Two Traveled.)
Top/Flank Speed: 50 MPH
Cruising Speed: 25 MPH
Maximum Flight Ceiling: 15 feet off the surface.
Crew: 1 Pilot (Gunner if Turret is added)
MDC by location;
Main Body: 320 (about 80 Per 10 ft section length-wise treat as 10 MDC per Floor,roof and wall section)
Turret(optional): 45
Hover Skirts: 8 MDC per 5 ft length
Pilot's Compartment: 40
Dining/Living Room(reinforced as a last refuge for family-like a Pilot's Compartment): 40
Sensors: As a PA Suit at HALF capacity(Range, # of Radar Targets ECT)
Cost: 195,750 cr for Gas or Electric
300,000 for Nuclear
Add + 4,250 for a Turret
Add Cost of Energy Rifle and E-Clip or Power Pack

Good Gaming, Gared Battlespike
Last edited by GaredBattlespike on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Rifts version of the John Deere Waterloo Boy Tractor. My grandpa had one before he died (now my cousin owns it) and it's been in the family since the turn of the 20th century. That thing STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure the Agricultural division of GAW could find a few...and it's a dream to maintain. True American Craftsmanship.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
taalismn
Priest

Aaryq wrote:Rifts version of the John Deere Waterloo Boy Tractor. My grandpa had one before he died (now my cousin owns it) and it's been in the family since the turn of the 20th century. That thing STILL RUNS LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure the Agricultural division of GAW could find a few...and it's a dream to maintain. True American Craftsmanship.

Have a TW Tractor(no image); it COULD be based on a John Deere. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

GaredBattlespike wrote:I would love to offer the Post Apocalyptic Mobile Home:The Rifts Hover Home! Think of it: Travelling across the Rifted Wastelands on a Hover Home! A MDC floating home that can safely transport a small family or even an Adventuring Party in MUCH GREATER COMFORT than so old ATV or beat-up old truck! The Rifts Hover Home has it all; Bunk beds for Four and a folding Master Bed for Two! It has a mini-kitchen and even a private SHOWER!!!(Water is shared between the kitchen sink and the shower so due caution should be taken not to run out before everyone/thing is clean). A Main Area that can be used for dining, or as a living room is at the center of the Hover Home. This Model has excellent sound proofing to allow the occupants to sleep as the Hover Home sails upon a cusion of air. It even has a roof mounted Turret Laser (treat as a basic laser rifle: 3D6 MD/1,600 ft/ROF:As Gunner) to protect Home and Family! Yes the Hover Home has it all for the Families of Rifts Earth that need to keep on moving!
Made by most NA Manufaturers.

Size: 40 Ft Long X 16 ft wide X 14 ft tall
Water Storage: 450 Gallons
Range: 300 Miles on Gasoline/Electric OR Unlimited if Nuclear (Very Rare and Expensive!)
Speed: 50 MPH
Crew: 1 Pilot (Gunner if Turret is added)
MDC by location;
Main Body: 320 (about 80 Per 10 ft section length-wise treat as 10 MDC per Floor,roof and wall section)
Turret(optional): 45
Hover Skirts: 8 MDC per 5 ft length
Pilot's Compartment: 40
Dining/Living Room(reinforced as a last refuge for family-like a Pilot's Compartment): 40
Sensors: As a PA Suit at HALF capacity(Range, # of Radar Targets ECT)
Cost: 195,750 cr for Gas or Electric
300,000 for Nuclear
Add + 30,250 for a Turret and Laser Rifle (use NG basic for stats)

Good Gaming, Gared Battlespike

hmmm... i'm thinking with a nuclear plant that cheap, this vehicle probably can't operate for that full duration nonstop. or, at the very least, it should be crazy slow, and not able to power the vehicle enough to fly very high for long. it would have to be an *extremely* basic plant, and probably couldn't power the turret laser rifle if there is one either.
renfield
Explorer

While I can do a lot with I can't really do speficic vehicles, the program IS limited. I can't do an actual copy of a VW or Honda, but I can make a vehicle and call it a Honda or VW and make them shaped vaugely similar.
I'll see what I can do with the suggestions that have been posted so far; (I'll be doing these befoe any others)
- Small Car (Personal); should be easy enough and fairly fast.
- Mobile Home (hover); should be fun!
- Agricultural Tractor; probably goign to be more multi-functional combine/tractor or some such. It may be a bit of a challenge but should look cool.
- Hot Air Balloon...not sure about this one, seems like it would be too easy a target for anything that flies. May end up being some kind of gas-supported mobile fortress, but I don't see a personal-craft version being of practical use on Rifts Earth...unless it was a TW device that could be made invisible...THAT has possibilities!
- Crop-Duster; this would probably more safely be done with some kind of robot or drone vehicle
- Standard Hover Vehicles; I already have two I can post up which I will later on; one a heavy-duty cargo transport the other a sports-craft
- Bicycle; well at least it will be fast and relatively easy!
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Shark_Force wrote:hmmm... i'm thinking with a nuclear plant that cheap, this vehicle probably can't operate for that full duration nonstop. or, at the very least, it should be crazy slow, and not able to power the vehicle enough to fly very high for long. it would have to be an *extremely* basic plant, and probably couldn't power the turret laser rifle if there is one either.

Sorry about the lack of complete Stats: I will Edit my post. As to the Laser Rifle in the Turret really is just a laser rifle and is usually powered by an E-Clip or an NG Power Pack, NOT by the vehicle itself. This is just a civilian mobile home, not a Military Transport, so the Optional Turret is just a Turret with the mounting for a laser rifle-a NG model is cheep and more readily available. That is why I had an NG model Laser Rifle as the Default Weapon. The rest I agree with-the Nuclear Power Plant will be restricted to an eight (8) Hour flight time, and a low Maximum Flight Ceiling...Say 20 feet? 10? Thank you for bringing these oversights of mine to my attention. I appreaciate the help!

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

GI Joe and Mega Force stuff.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

What about tracked/construction vehicles? Or trucks (the 8-18 wheeled kind, that is). Or actual trains. I would imagine that trains would be a somewhat popular way to transport a large amount of cargo. Granted they would have to have a scout party inspect the tracks ahead of them to ensure that the tracks are safe, but still, I could see it happen.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
taalismn
Priest

dragonfett wrote:What about tracked/construction vehicles? Or trucks (the 8-18 wheeled kind, that is). Or actual trains. I would imagine that trains would be a somewhat popular way to transport a large amount of cargo. Granted they would have to have a scout party inspect the tracks ahead of them to ensure that the tracks are safe, but still, I could see it happen.

There's the Iron Horse LeyLIne Locos, but those are confined to zipping along leylines.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
dragonfett wrote:What about tracked/construction vehicles? Or trucks (the 8-18 wheeled kind, that is). Or actual trains. I would imagine that trains would be a somewhat popular way to transport a large amount of cargo. Granted they would have to have a scout party inspect the tracks ahead of them to ensure that the tracks are safe, but still, I could see it happen.

There's the Iron Horse LeyLIne Locos, but those are confined to zipping along leylines.

i hear there's also a railroad through CS lone star.
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

I want to see more vehicles like from Road Warrior....that would be awesome....
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

A weapon on a vehicle that 1 fits the fluff and 2 is actually more powerful than a sidearm. :D Oh who am I kidding that will never happen.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
renfield
Explorer

I've got a sports car most done up that will be pretty cool when it's finished. Really just need to get it rendered and take some piccies...8)
Looks like a pretty bad-ass rear-engined hot-rod...8)
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

there are lots of these kinds of vehicles in Triax 2.
taalismn
Priest

renfield wrote:I've got a sports car most done up that will be pretty cool when it's finished. Really just need to get it rendered and take some piccies...8)
Looks like a pretty bad-ass rear-engined hot-rod...8)

Put a Fire Elemental in the engine, you got one serious hot-rod...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
renfield
Explorer

I'm sure that some Crazy TW could modify it for that.
Also thinking about allowing it to convert into a small aircraft/hovecraft.
Drive it on the roads in the city then talk off for a tour of the country...8)
Hopefully I'll have it linked up sometime tomorrow.
taalismn
Priest

Apollo wrote:
paxmiles wrote:Bicycle speed is double that of running, but at one third the fatigue. A human crazy has at least 7d6 for the spd attribute, which is about a Spd of 24-25 on average. Multiply that by two and you can make 35mph on a dirt cheap mode of transportation...I love the Bicycle!

I think one of the bicycles in Dino Swamp also allows you to prowl on it. They really are great vehicles.

Should start researching variants...like recumbants, bike carts, and acessories.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Apollo wrote:
paxmiles wrote:Bicycle speed is double that of running, but at one third the fatigue. A human crazy has at least 7d6 for the spd attribute, which is about a Spd of 24-25 on average. Multiply that by two and you can make 35mph on a dirt cheap mode of transportation...I love the Bicycle!

I think one of the bicycles in Dino Swamp also allows you to prowl on it. They really are great vehicles.

i'm a bit confused as to why you *wouldn't* be able to prowl on a bicycle. are all the rest of them made without any form of lubricant in all the connecting parts or something?
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I'd like to see hover chairs or something similar to Cobra Flight Pods or both. More hover boards so you never need to leave your vehicle when you go inside caves & complexes. I know if I was shopping in Splynn Market I'd want some extra protection and getaway ability. If they can do a hover chair why not do a hover couch with a hideaway bed.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
dragonfett
Knight

I'd like to see hover chairs or something similar to Cobra Flight Pods or both. More hover boards so you never need to leave your vehicle when you go inside caves & complexes. I know if I was shopping in Splynn Market I'd want some extra protection and getaway ability. If they can do a hover chair why not do a hover couch with a hideaway bed.

How about a Hoverround for the elderly? Or a hover version of the Segway? Now with all of the benefits of the original Segway, buy none of the minor jarring over the tiniest bumps that will ruin your knees! *heeheehee*

In all honesty though, I want to see more hover cars, jeeps, and trucks for civilian use. Or the Triax MZ-10 Wilderness Crusader.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Shark_Force
Palladin

Apollo wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:i'm a bit confused as to why you *wouldn't* be able to prowl on a bicycle. are all the rest of them made without any form of lubricant in all the connecting parts or something?

Because the prowl skill teaches you to prowl with your body, not a bicycle. Just try to be silent when riding a bike down a street in late fall, when it's covered in dry leaves.

i probably wouldn't be particularly silent walking, either. furthermore, i don't see why it would be impossible to attempt to be silent. harder? well, perhaps, but then i'm only a very novice-level skill when it comes to riding bicycles. sure, i can get it to go from point A to point B, but if there's a curb i will typically even prefer to just avoid it rather than ride up it (though i can somewhat consistently get up a curb if i absolutely must). if i was someone who had specifically developed both my skills in stealth and in riding a bicycle (and getting the most out of it), i expect my chances would be a lot better. certainly, i could see some fairly small penalties to prowl, but it should be possible on any bicycle.
renfield
Explorer

See new Post for several of the Vehicles.
taalismn
Priest

paxmiles wrote:Actually, all bicycles allow for prowl (at -10%). In RL, I can prowl on my bicycle - probably the #1 reason that bicyclists get hit by cars...
-Pax

That's more actually a) failed perception rolls by drivers, b) failed perception rolls by bike riders, rather than a Prowl accomplishment.

Prowl roll's when I'm walking, and a bicyclist almost takes out my kidneys from behind.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
renfield
Explorer

I'm going to try and get another vehicle done up over the weekend, but Fallout is taking up a lot of my spare time...8)
Currently planning to do one or more of the following:
- Tractor/Trailer; probably mad-maxish, at least of wheeled
- Train...possibly a hover train or at least one using anti-gravitational tracking (Possibly a good story-line to rebuild the westbounnd rail system?)
- Civilian Jeep/truck (Already have art for a Hover Mule complete with Crane
- 1-man hover/flight pod
- Combine/Tractor; agricultural vehicle of some nature
- Construction Vehicle; bulldozer, dumptruck (Like the oens on the Cover of madhaven), crane
> Not sure if it's worth statting these out much as they will more than likely just be background stuff

And yes Triax 2 has a fair amount of civilian vehicles already so I may just do up some Pictures for those and be done.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

I want to see
• F 22
• F 16
• F 18 waiting MDC
• Northrop YF-23
• F-35 Lightning II,
• Sukhoi PAK FA
• Mitsubishi F-2
• Mikoyan MiG-35
• Vought F-8 Crusader
• Boeing X-32
• Boeing Bird of Prey
• Boeing X-45
• Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
• Bell XV-15
• Bell/Agusta BA609
• Bell Boeing Quad TiltRotor

Armour personnel carrier
• M2 Bradley
• Amphibious Assault Vehicle
• Stryker and Variants
• M103 heavy tank
• flying Humvee? Don't scoff, Pentagon wants one http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00 ... 970b-600wi

Russian tanks
• T-84
• T-90
• T-10 Heavy Tank
• Iosif Stalin tank
• T-80
• T-72
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

- Construction Vehicle; bulldozer, dumptruck (Like the oens on the Cover of madhaven), crane

speaking of which, those vehicles have really basic stats in Rifter 36, in the official Madhaven material. really good stuff in there if you haven't picked it up yet.
renfield
Explorer

Sorry Zino but I won't be doing any military vehicles, at least not strictly military. The point is to do more civilian-oriented vehicles that player-characters will be more likely to see and use rather than the metric arse-ton of military gear that are already in the books.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

I was a bit disappointed that the Behemoth Explorer was left out of RUE. Could you update that for us?
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Unicycles.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Crucible wrote:I was a bit disappointed that the Behemoth Explorer was left out of RUE. Could you update that for us?

Its in Revised Sourcebook 1. Which they really want you to buy.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
renfield
Explorer

I guess they do, luckily I still have my battered old copy of the Main Book...8)
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

renfield wrote:Sorry Zino but I won't be doing any military vehicles, at least not strictly military. The point is to do more civilian-oriented vehicles that player-characters will be more likely to see and use rather than the metric arse-ton of military gear that are already in the books.

sorry :lol: and i like this thread
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
renfield
Explorer

No worries, I just don't want to re-hash old stuff, going for practical stuff here...and sorry for the delays all but I've been super-drained for the last week...8P

In the meantime, nayone have a site I can use to post my pics and link to them? I can't keep using the other site...8P
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Shorty Lickens wrote:
Crucible wrote:I was a bit disappointed that the Behemoth Explorer was left out of RUE. Could you update that for us?

Its in Revised Sourcebook 1. Which they really want you to buy.

Soon as I can then.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
renfield
Explorer

Well the Combine is nearly done. Turned out fairly well though not terribly exciting. Still have a few more details to add then swap it to my lappy so I can render it (Think my Compy's Vid card is failing, can't render the full image...8P). Then I just need to stat it up, and I will be including a Death-Mower version with MDC Blades to mow down whole hordes of Zombies and what not...8)
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

where does one see these things?
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
novatomato
Wanderer

Unread post by novatomato »

Well, I'd like to see some more inner city civilian vehicles;
a Hot hatch; cheap but lots of fun
Scooters; cheap, fun economical for inner city travel
Van; a good family vehicle
Buses: Public Transit.
etc.
dragonfett
Knight

Some semi-trucks, and I don't recall seeing any snowmobiles (they could be in Rifts: Canada or Free Quebec or Russia for all I know, though).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
taalismn
Priest

dragonfett wrote:Some semi-trucks, and I don't recall seeing any snowmobiles (they could be in Rifts: Canada or Free Quebec or Russia for all I know, though).

Rifts Canada and Russia DO have ski-mobiles and Russia also has a half-track semi-truck.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dragonfett
Knight

Well then I want more! More, more, more!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

I am still wondering where do i see these things?
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
renfield
Explorer

I've had several other posts where I've listed the vehicles I have made.

I still need a website I can link to so others can see the Art and Stats. Going to talk to a friend to se eif she can make something simple for me.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Goto Google and create a blog.
http://www.blogger.com/start?hl=en
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
renfield
Explorer

Not a bad idea, thanks!
Omega6
D-Bee

Unread post by Omega6 »

ZINO wrote:I want to see
• F 22
• F 16
• F 18 waiting MDC
• Northrop YF-23
• F-35 Lightning II,
• Sukhoi PAK FA
• Mitsubishi F-2
• Mikoyan MiG-35
• Vought F-8 Crusader
• Boeing X-32
• Boeing Bird of Prey
• Boeing X-45
• Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
• Bell XV-15
• Bell/Agusta BA609
• Bell Boeing Quad TiltRotor

Armour personnel carrier
• M2 Bradley
• Amphibious Assault Vehicle
• Stryker and Variants
• M103 heavy tank
• flying Humvee? Don't scoff, Pentagon wants one http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00 ... 970b-600wi

Russian tanks
• T-84
• T-90
• T-10 Heavy Tank
• Iosif Stalin tank
• T-80
• T-72

Most of these military vehicles have been covered already by Kitsune. If you haven't been to this site, check it out. http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts ... hicles.htm
It is still regularly updated and has great material for most a Palladium's product lines.

On to the question at hand. I would like to see vehicles like the ones from Arzno without TW enhancements and power supplies. I like the look of the art for the pickup truck and the dune buggy in that book. I just don't like the idea of mass produced TW creations. When the I first read the about Techno-Wizards it seemed like that they more like artists and each wizard's creation would be unique.

I would like to see military support vehicles, which also would work fine as civilian vehicles. Cargo trucks, jeep-type vehicles, and transports (like modern 2 1/2 ton and 5 trucks). A good example of this is one of my favorites; I have had multiple parties that used the Free Quebec RHV-60 Reloader Hover Truck, because I really like the design and utility of that vehicle.

I really am not a fan of the wheel vehicles with "monster truck" tires. Tires larger than those of a wheeled apc or semi-truck just don't appeal to me.
renfield
Explorer

You may want to hunt down my post for the "Badger"then. It's half-track but a very solid design.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Apollo wrote:

I had a crazy NPC once who had a combat bicycle. A laser mounted on the handle bars, plus vibro spikes on the spokes so he could do MD tail whips into people. Basically trick bike stuff turned into a HTH with a guy who crazy about his bike like Pee-Wee and his big adventure.

Return to “Rifts®”