SPLICERS: Unleashed Discussions thread

I would like to introduce everyone to the 1st “Splicers: Unleashed” contest and the havoc that will reign form henceforth in this epic & awesome RPG. This is a submissions contest where you will get a chance to get your imaginative visions brought to life as an optional contribution to the Splicers setting. I wanted to bring some spice for this setting and open the floodgates for your imaginations to be stimulated like none before. This is a contest where EVERYONE can take part and submit, judge & market their most creative, deadly and wicked ideas for Splicers. - Premier aka Chuck Walton

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

SPLICERS: Unleashed Discussions thread

Unread post by Premier »

Hello “SPLICERS: Unleashed” Designers:

This is the devoted thread for Discussions to the 1st SPLICERS contest see link here:
viewtopic.php?p=2236906

This thread will contain the “SPLICERS: Unleashed” debates, discussions, promotions and inquiries portion of this contest. To keep things running smooth and to avoid everyone having to scroll pass a load of entry item discussions on other threads. Please keep posts constructive, tactful, and fun as I know these are our created babies in the making and we will be attached.

NOW LET THE SPLICE FLOW...!
Last edited by Premier on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89er
Adventurer

Re: SPLICERS: Unleased Discussions thread

Unread post by 89er »

Nice idea clockpunk, very fitting with the theme.

I have ideas for a warmount, an O.C.C. to fit the season and has anyone created a new Metamorph form yet?

But I'm bad at translating my ideas into usable stats :( . If anyone could help, I will glady write a backstory for any of your ideas, if needed, as payment. :?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

89er wrote:Nice idea clockpunk, very fitting with the theme.

I have ideas for a warmount, an O.C.C. to fit the season and has anyone created a new Metamorph form yet?

But I'm bad at translating my ideas into usable stats :( . If anyone could help, I will glady write a backstory for any of your ideas, if needed, as payment. :?

I'll help to assist, send whatever you have.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hello fellow Splicers, I have a dilemma. I have an O.C.C. idea based on all hallows eve, but I have two ways of doing it:

First: It would be a Splicers version of the Green Goblin, only with a more Halloween theme. It would have a Jack-O-Lantern head that breathes fire, an organic glider called a Gargoyle, which acts as transportation and storage for the tricks. Said tricks include pumpkin bombs, gobwebs= crystallizing goop, razor wings, and other Halloween-themed biotech.

Second: It would revolve around a Splicers Headless Horseman; only the rider is fused to the mega-horse’s body. The brain could be in the horse’s body, allowing for the “rider’s” head to be a regenerating, pumpkin bomb.

I feel myself more attracted to the first, but voice your opinions and ideas to improve them.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

i would say the first one 89er sounds kinda neat but not sure what you would call it dont think it can be called a green goblin

next a question im working on a war mount and had a question if it had horn defense would that go under the bio weapons system section
or does it just go in the discription at the begining ?
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I am wondering if some things have already been covered. I read the Splicers RPG book and some of the Rifter articles, but I don't have them all. I am thinking about a submission that deals with bio-engineering on the cellular-microscopic level. I am also kicking around the concept of a new religious cult. Have either of these topics yet been explored in any canon or non-canon materials?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

dont think those things have been covered in any book i have
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

religious cult sounds kinda similar to some stuff that i've heard about, but not read. i could be wrong though.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

ok my submission is up and i really want to thank nmi and 89er or there help on this one
but i thought a smaller turtle war mount was a cool idea and see these things used as
a first wave to soften up the enemy line before the krakens come in

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm going to be posting a warmount this weekend.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Okay, I typed a first draft of my first submission last night. I have decided to blatantly exploit some of the vagueness in the rules wording about what we are supposed to submit.

The rules read...
You can write up any wicked design of biotechnology rather it be... All write-ups will require completed stats and a well-written description on the design and how it operates and the incorporation of the dark mysterious Krakens unleashing your creation(s) as part of the introduction to the shorelines and where they went, infiltrated or rampaged from there.

It does not say that the has to be an item, just a design of biotechnology and a creation which can be carried by a Kraken. I am working on a sociological creation, a concept which is being exported by the new Great House. Specifically, it is a new social movement in the Splicers world; part political, part religious, and part new alignment.

The catch is this -- without being given massive spoilers, I have no way of knowing if this creation is compatible with the motives and philosophies of the new Great House. It's sort of a gamble, I admit. If the judges have problem with this, someone please let me know now before I sink too much more time into the entry.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

First draft --> bio-link.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Lord Z wrote:First draft --> bio-link.

Very impressive read there Lord Z. I was hesistant on the cult thing at first but you have such a great foundation here and it opens up doors for the Dark House's infrastructure & society, even if the Soothsayers are a segment of the House it is still a very intriguing facet to ponder. There are several other Great Houses that will also have a cultist or reigious direction on things, Great House Charlemagne will certainly illustrate this. So I say go for it, if it's voted it will certainly open up some interesting concepts & debates among the Resistance!

Just for clarity however, the winning entries most likely wont end up in a sourcebook though a Rifter article is a possibility. It all depends on how good the material is and what Kevin says about the results. I would also like to say, If anyone wants there personal material to be in a future sourcebook of any setting, then it is not recommended to post your criteria here for public view. Material for a Rifters issue is OK.

Keep the awesome entries coming!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for that clarification, Premier. The sourcebook reference was my mistake. I'll correct that wherever I've mentioned it elsewhere.

I am pleased to know that I am probably not creating an blatant contradictions with other materials.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Lord Z wrote:Thank you for that clarification, Premier. The sourcebook reference was my mistake. I'll correct that wherever I've mentioned it elsewhere.

I am pleased to know that I am probably not creating an blatant contradictions with other materials.

Oh By all means you are good to go in my book and its great to see such awesome ideas coming forth from everyone! I am already seeing visions of these concepts! Keep em coming! BTW, don't forget you guys/gals can enter up to three so go for broke!
:D
The Galactus Kid

When is the deadline?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

The Galactus Kid wrote:When is the deadline?

Deadline for entries is Sept. 30. Get to work, GK! :D
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:

hahaha. I'm all over this, man.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:

hahaha. I'm all over this, man.

We expect nothing less :D
I can only imagine whats brewing...
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

So far we have (8) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray thus far.

Summary:

Clockpunk – (1) Salsivore Host Armor

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnbivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Quantum07- (1) Ragdoll OCC

Kevarin - (1) Iron Shell Warmount

Snake Eyes - (1) Nautilus Trooper OCC

89er – (1) Akhult Warmount

Krispy – (1) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor

Hellbound of SLB - (1) Nightmares Biotics

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person, and PLEASE POLISH (Complete) what you need to for the next phase of marketing them. I know a few of you are still fine tuning your entries and that is great. I just want to make sure that this first Splicers Unleashed takes off like it should as Unleashed will be an event in SPLICERS that will surely be talked about for along time to come.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

OK Splice Heads, we have just stumbled acrossed the half way mark for this first deadline. We have (9) AWESOME Ideas/Entries thus far, but lets get the rest of the Entries flowing in soon. Also, for those of you who have several avaialble Entry slots left over, I advise you to fill em as a storm is coming!!!

BY the Way, I may be introducing a NEW Guest Artist on board for this Contest and SHE is AWESOME!!!! So bring your A-GAME ENTRIES as this "might" open possible slots for more than just 3 winners.
Premier

Re: SPLICERS: Unleashed Discussions thread

Unread post by Premier »

Hey Hellbound to SLB

Re: The Nightmares
Dragon/lizardman role Heavy combat
Bonuses: +2d6x10mdc, +1initiative and perception, +3 strike with either range or melee and parry, +4d6 supernatural STR and PE(yes not splicer scared heck out of Grendal pilot), Bio mod Combat tail. additional skill package per role support man or weapons training with no restrictions. Note since This nightmare is not a mammal it can touch metal and use machine weaponry ( give a different twist and allow allies/help for TJ's)"

Please note:
Splicers Sourcebook Pg. 13
“Likewise, intelligent beings who are not mammalian or similar organic life forms – i.e., silicon/rock or plant/vegetation beings- do not trigger the plague reaction and can use metal devices and salvaged metal weapons and parts. All others, however, including Deevils, demons, dragons, Faerie Folk, Lizard Men, Dog Boys, and most other flesh and blood beings will trigger the hostile response of the nanobot plague.”

So it would appear that the Dragon/lizard man/reptilian & Gargoyle Nightmares would also rigger the nanobot reaction. Only the insectoids like the Xiticix would have a “delayed” trigger time with the nanobot plague. Pretty much if its made of flesh & blood and not a TJ, Juicer or Crazy it will trigger the Nanobot plague. Sorry. :-(
Last edited by Premier on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Hey Splice-heads!
I just wanted to say that just because the Dark House is utilizing the fleet of Krakens doesn’t mean their Biotech needs to be aquatic based. The Krakens are just the means in which they deploy the various infantry, Warmounts, etc. The Dark House is releasing these Biotech designs during a very bad & abnormal winter storm, which is going to allow them to cement some nice sized forces onto land as the weather is going to challenge the Machines.

So feel free to design & utilize what you see fit. BTW, Really loving ALL of the ideas you guys are creating, just wanted to make sure no one was limiting themselves.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for the reminders, Capital P!

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Hellbound of SLB wrote:Sorry premier didn't read the crossing dimension thing.

Went off information on page 11 under game mechanics for handling nanobot plague.
it does not say all organic material but specifically states mammals.

However even reading what you list can be understood several different ways especially coming from palladium where common sense is not common.
in the third paragraph after the note about bio-systems ...likewise intellegent beings who are not mammalian or similar organic life forms - ie silicon/rock or plant vegetation beings do not trigger the plaque reaction...

one could argue that palladium considers all those beings listed are considered mammal since in none of their books indicate they must act like cold blooded reptiles and spend several hours sunning themselves to get warm or other such habits of coldblooded reptiles.

Either way I will remove the part about mammal being the reason I will list such alien dna as to not be recognized by the plague or a new masking ability discovered by this house for the nightmares only. will that be suffice for the description?

hb

Ah…I no problem HB

I can understand, especially if you haven’t read the Pg 13 section.

However, I must respectfully disagree as to how Pg 13 could be misinterpreted as to only refer to mammalians as it clearly states “Dragons”, “Lizard Folk”, “demons”, and “most other flesh and blood beings will trigger the hostile response.” I wouldn’t insinuate or suggest anyone assume that any of the creatures listed above, have to sun themselves or conduct other common cold blooded activities to still be considered susceptible to the nanobot plague. I haven't read any information dictating that being cold blooded or warm blooded has anything to do with being vulnerable to the Nanoplague. More so that the morphology of a being "consisting of flesh & blood" as Pg.13 states.

On Pg. 10 it also states:

“Even using thick gloves and insulation, like ceramic handles or plastic tongs, to prevent direct contact has proven to be only partial effective, approximately doubling the time before the plague response occurs. The nanobots seem to be smart enough, if that is the word for it, to detect nay such methods of indirect contact and still respond by attacking humans. The plague has thwarted all attempts by humanity to reuse any of the machines technology and components.”

This is a good indication that even using insulations to mask yourself, only delay the plague’s hostile response, they don’t block it nor stop it. The reason I am keen on this aspect is because “if” this were to be allotted, then WE should intelligently go back & ask ourselves, why does Host Armor or Warmount (reptilian, biotech alien, insectivore, etc.) contact activate the nanobot plague?

“if” this were the case then it would be quite easy for Librarians to simply make Everything Insectivore, cold-blooded, etc. to negate the nanobot response and fight the Machine or use Machine technology at will. I am quite sure however that the Zephyr Warmount, Swarmlords & their insects, or even the Gardener are ALL susceptible to the nanobot plague. There is clear emphasis on Technojackers, juicers & Crazies being the only exception immune for this setting and it’s with good reason and sacrifice. So if a Nightmare Biotic were to get this immunity, plus beginning Bio-enhancements, plus a good load of Bio-E to spend, then at what healthy cost/sacrifice is it to a Nightmare if they get access to both - Machine tech and Biotech?

See if we state that this (Librarian produced) masking ability or strange derelict DNA is only for Nightmares, well that’s all good for what, several months, before blood samples are unwillingly obtained in the field by other Great Houses and reverse engineered and then re-produced by rival Librarians. The next thing you know the nanobot plague challenge has been solved or nearly dismissed by the Splicers militia as everyone will just say I am getting the nanobot mask enhancement or my new Warmount or Biotic design has the Nightmare mask or better yet, I can easily hear it being said, this is the NEWEST version of the Nanobot Mask that supercedes the original Nightmare’s Mask ability. I have watched & learned way too often that if you give an inch on MAJOR parts of a game’s mechanics, it will end up a mile later on.

Fortunately, this is only my 2 cents and in the end it’s up to you all and what everyone decides and votes on. I say submit it as you see fit and if it is voted on then it is and if it wins, hey it will be one of the newest crazes in the setting.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Lord Z wrote:Thank you for the reminders, Capital P!

:D No problem Capital L or would it be Z?
BTW, how goes the new religion concept? Will there be missionaries, ceremonies, New O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s, Biotech, Warmounts that go along with it? Interested minds want to know...
Shark_Force
Palladin

Code: Select all

there's a quote button ................................................................................................above this

Hellbound of SLB wrote:how do you quote?
I just seem to copy and everything just becomes jumbled :x :x :x :x :x :badbad:
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

So far we have (13) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray now. 3 days left to get those Entries in!!! NIMI? GK? Anyone else getting in might want to make a move...

Current Entry Summary:

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Kevarin - (3) Iron Shell Warmount, Sea Devil OCC & Maelstrom Warmount

Krispy – (2) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor & Mourning Star Warmount

Hellbound of SLB - (2) Nightmares Biotics & Casper Warmount

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person! Good cranking Kevarin, Guy, HB & Krispy!!
The Galactus Kid

I have 3 days left? Awesome. Thats like 2 more days of procrastination.

Shark_Force
Palladin

i keep getting urges to design weapons that essentially fire spikes which inject 2 different chemicals into the target which react chemically and release out metallic compounds... the concept being that against human targets you're going to trigger a nanoplague response internally, while against machine targets you potentially make electrical connections that simply weren't meant to be... just never seem to actually get around to doing it. it does seem like it would be the kind of weapon that would scare the crap outta the resistance though, because nothing says bad news like having nanoplague responses inside your body. sadly, i haven't come up with a name for it yet.

(i also wanted to do something similar with combining tendril injectors and spike launchers... but never got around to that either =S)

still, i've got 3 days to put more down than that :P
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

just a silly question but can omega cannons and light cell lasers work under water and if so what kinda range would they get ?

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

Premier wrote:So far we have (13) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray now. 3 days left to get those Entries in!!! NIMI? GK? Anyone else getting in might want to make a move...

Current Entry Summary:

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Kevarin - (3) Iron Shell Warmount, Sea Devil OCC & Maelstrom Warmount

Krispy – (2) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor & Mourning Star Warmount

Hellbound of SLB - (2) Nightmares Biotics & Casper Warmount

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person! Good cranking Kevarin, Guy, HB & Krispy!!

hi Premier, i hope you dont forget my Croshak WM. :-)

i have a forth idea to put to the comp but i will post it on the splicers thread hopefully in the next couple of weeks
connecting the dots
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

krispy wrote:

i have a forth idea to put to the comp but i will post it on the splicers thread hopefully in the next couple of weeks

hey Krispy like you i got my three ideas in and still had a few more running around in my head so started another thread for them hope to see your stuff in there soon.

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

kevarin wrote:hey Krispy like you i got my three ideas in and still had a few more running around in my head so started another thread for them hope to see your stuff in there soon.

great idea starting this new thread, but alas, im sorry mate but it will be a couple of weeks before i have the time put enough material towards my ideas & post them... its a good thing to be really busy! isnt it?? :?

hopefully i will get a couple more ideas in this time and a free weekend
connecting the dots
The Galactus Kid

clockpunk wrote:Bugger. I misread the 'rules' post - and thought it said 31st October, for some reason :( Hell's Horses - I *had* revised my biotech rxplosives and posted them, but removed them upon seeing I had a few weeks (I believed) to write up a sea-horse inspired Mount.

I am so annoyed at my own stupidity. Sorry guys. :(

But hey! There's been a very nice mix in the kind of material submitted, which is really great! :D

Agreed. It is a really good mix.

Also, nothing is preventing us from posting our new creations and getting feedback on the forums.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I missed the deadline myself with a new set of rules for germ vs. nanite combat. It probably wasn't best suited for the first Unleashed challenge anyway. Who knows -- maybe the unannounced third challenge would be appropriate for these extra submissions that were not ready.

G-Kid, I for one am looking forward to seeing your new robotics.

I just skimmed the Lusca War Mount entry. Props to Brian for using the name of an obscure mythical sea creature!

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

clockpunk wrote:Some very nice entries, fellas! I *do* like the Mourning Stars. Right, I'm working on my 2nd submission. ;)

thanks mate.

The idea just hit me that night i posted it, inspired by a large male echidna as big as a basketball, that used to live in my back yard (i havent seen him in a couple of years) if i got to close he would dig into the gound a little and splay out his spikes.
connecting the dots
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Krispy, did you get any photos of that echidna?

krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Lord Z wrote:Krispy, did you get any photos of that echidna?

i didnt actually, but now that you mention it i think my parents did... ill do some investigation
connecting the dots
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Update! Voting begins on October 11th. Thanks for the clarification, Premier.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I will have to read through the choices again before I decide. For my first vote, I am leaning towards the Salisvore Digestive System. It's a short and simple submission, but that is what I like about it. Here we have a very useful idea, well executed, with applications in a wide range of other bio-constructs. I am not sure about the feasibility of it bio-mechanically (I really don't know if an organism could theoretically live on just salt), but I am sure that it fits the theme of the violet wave perfectly.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

If anyone else doesn't catch the reference, Lusca is a type of huge mullosk which lives in deep water near Andros Island. I wrote it up as a Beyond the Supernatural critter. The write-up is here; look on Pages 20-22.

Is anyone considering a rewrite or significant revision of their entries between now and the deadline?

Sooo, how much more advanced do we want the new dark house to be in comparison to other houses? If it's comperable, then I think a smaller warmount like the Akhult or Croshak might be the best fit. If the new dark house is supposed to be the new super-power of the setting, then a huge warmount like the Lusca or Maelstrom would make the most dramatic statements. Any thoughts?

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I've just noticed, however, that my 2 votes somehow flipped and went to other choices! I have since rectified the listing, but will be keeping a close eye on them - both had gone to the listing *above* my selected choices - I suggest everyone else keep an eye on their ticked choices as well...

I just noticed that the votes for my HA slipped by two (was 15, now 13), very weird
The Dragon Has Spoken
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

My two votes have stayed put.

Currently, there is a three-way tie for first place. Tell your friends to get involved!

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Snake Eyes wrote:
I've just noticed, however, that my 2 votes somehow flipped and went to other choices! I have since rectified the listing, but will be keeping a close eye on them - both had gone to the listing *above* my selected choices - I suggest everyone else keep an eye on their ticked choices as well...

I just noticed that the votes for my HA slipped by two (was 15, now 13), very weird

I don't think anything is going on weird that I am aware of, just please remember that un like many other polls on the forums, this is one where everyone is alotted 2 votes and they can change them throughout the course of the voting process, as some people can adjust and fine tune their Entries throughout the process as well. So like Lord Z said, get your friends involved and campaign your ideas to "get" and 'keep" your votes.

BTW, I am really impressed with EVERYONE's Entries and I have already begun the brainstorming conquest of laying out each of your ideas in my head so I will be best prepared to illustrate the possible Winners.
The Galactus Kid

I voted. I'm eagerly awaiting Splicers Unleashed 2 so I can submit my machine entries.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I voted. I'm eagerly awaiting Splicers Unleashed 2 so I can submit my machine entries.

Oh... I can't wait to see what Unleashed II brings to the table as I planned something pretty wicked for the backdrop of that contest. I am hoping that the first sourcebook(s) is completed and published by then to really set the gears for things to follow from the Machine. It will be like kissing Icy Steel.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Has anyone else noticed how multiple submissions from different contributors seem to fill the same roles? I count at least two large sea creature-derived war mounts, about three smaller amphibious warmounts for patrol and escort functions, two O.C.C.s of ariel-aquatic marines, etc. To me, this suggests that the community is noticing holes in the game and filling them.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

You may always blame it on low voter turnout, C-Punk. A small number of votes increases the chance for squirrelly results. That is exactly why I gave up hosting poll-dependant contests two years ago. On the other hand, some people appreciate that their votes hold a lot of power. As a person who believes in the wisdom of crowds, low turn out gets under my skin. The contest we are currently holding in the Beyond the Supernatural forum is judge-decided.

kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

clockpunk wrote:Not many seem to like my creations.. *sob* :p

i like your stuff cp just with so many good ideas theres not enough votes to go around.

Return to “Splicers® Unleashed!”