Starting up a game?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Re: Starting up a game?

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

Well, you do have two options on here in terms of chatrooms.

You could possibly run a PbP game in the Game Room Announcement's section of the forum, but you may need to get permission from NMI or similar.

As far as dice rolling, I believe both chatrooms here have integrated dice systems.

You could also use InvisibleCastle.com to roll dice, which is a pretty good method of tracking peoples rolls.

I would be all over this, as long as Webcams aren't necessary. My internet would die if I attempted something like that.

:clown: - Joseph.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Although I am running in HU PBP game, I'd be more than happy to be a player in one as well.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

For online gaming, I use a program called OpenRPG, though there are others.

http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg

It's basically a chat program with dice rolling software and character sheet storage and stuff. It also has a window where you can put a map and miniatures, but you can also use it to show pictures and stuff, like the monster/robot/hot chick looks like... THIS!

I've used it for years, and it does a pretty good job.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

FaerieKnight wrote:Hmm, how much interest is there in such a game? I'd have to give fair warning that the heroes would be the under dog. It's an alternate history setting for my main campaign world. As such I have a lot of history and backstory involved in the world setting. It's actually from a long standing campaign I was in for years. The campaign started set in 1946, and ended around 2000 (in game that is).

Aren't the heroes always the under dogs in any campaign? Isn't that how it's supposed to go? :D
Severus Snape
Hero

Pretty decent plot. And one that I happen to like and may just use in my own campaigns. But nothing out of the ordinary.

Heroes are always having to face extreme dangers, weird laws, evil villains, damsels in distress that actually want to kill them, and so on. That's the basis for being a hero - putting yourself in harm's way to save the innocent. With your campaign, I can see more role-playing than combat, and that can be a good thing. I can actually see some of the minor hero types (Stage Magician, Super Sleuth, etc.) as well as potentially the Super Soldier excelling as they won't necessarily have powers that are obvious to the dark lord (sorry, reading Harry Potter a lot lately). Which gives me some ideas...
Epically
Explorer

Unread post by Epically »

I'm down.
Severus Snape
Hero

FaerieKnight wrote:If you want Snape, I can PM you some more detailed info on how in my campaign setting it happened, and who the main badguy is. Heck, I wouldn't mind a co-gm to run such a game. There are multiple threads the story can go, so multiple GMs can help things along.

I'd rather be a player in this one, although I'm honored by the vote of confidence to be a co-gm. I just need to dust off my PC skills once in a while, and this sounds like fun. PM me with the details of the campaign, as well as any house-rules that are applicable.

Are we doing this PBP or Chat? If Chat, what is the time schedule looking like (day of the week, time of day, etc.)?
Epically
Explorer

FaerieKnight wrote:Hmm, would probably try running this via Windows Live Messenger. As for a scheduale, would have to work that out with the players. Alternatively I haven't done a PBEM in a long time. I've got a website I've been working on for a central hub. Pictures, world setting descriptions, and character sheets. That sort of thing.

Going to assume majority are going to be in different time zones, which is probably going to be the hardest part.
Epically
Explorer

Sounds good. Keep us updated.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”