Demon's for my Players?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Re: Demon's for my Players?

Unread post by keir451 »

Sorry about the last post getting locked Squiz. Here's another thought you could have a summoner that is under the controll of a Greater Demon and he in turn has summoned a few lesser demons (like the Boogie man) and a few Brodkil as guards, etc.
Or you could use the upincominng Magma Demon that nullforce has come up with (we'll have it by Sat. :D ).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Squiz wrote:
keir451 wrote:Sorry about the last post getting locked Squiz. Here's another thought you could have a summoner that is under the controll of a Greater Demon and he in turn has summoned a few lesser demons (like the Boogie man) and a few Brodkil as guards, etc.
Or you could use the upincominng Magma Demon that nullforce has come up with (we'll have it by Sat. :D ).

:D

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll look at the summoner OCC. I think I'll wait for the magma demon to come as a later encounter.

Using the Magma demon later is cool too, the Summoner (unless there's another one I've forgotten) is the Shifter OCC, then there's also the Witch OCC in the Conversion book as well.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I suppose it depends on what books you have access to. This being Rifts Earth any greater demon will do. Hades and Dyval have a host of greater demons that could be in charge.

No being that people/kids are being taken did you determine why or was that just a plot hook? The reason people are being taken can help determine who is really in charge. An evil Shifter could make for a good enemy. Someone with magic and a few demons could make for a powerful enemy, especially if he's crafty. If the Shifter is trying ti win over a demon lord for perhaps a link he might have to prove he has what it takes and he needs to collect and kill en-mass.

It could be for slave labor or just about anything. I'd go with the Shifter if only to have a reoccurring villain.

Carl
ImageImage
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

LotD is a two (should be three Kevin!) book series for the PFRPG game. The second has some werebeasts and lots of undead, the first one has the random demon table.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

BTW, I still say you should offer them all demon pacts. Just don't do it at the same time, space it out over a few sessions/nights, this way everyone might not know you're offering them all a pact. :twisted:
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Mosquito Demons from one of the Rifter books was one of the coolest & powerful demon my group has tangled with. Look it up, I'm sure it will peek your interest.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Shadow Lord from rifter 28. Use the Shadow magic there, in Library of Bletherad, and the other Rifter with shadow magic (I don't remember which one). Its all excellent work.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

The Chaos Earth sourcebook "Creatures of Chaos" has a lot of unique demons listed that are linked to either day or night time. Being Chaos Demons makes them pretty rare by mention in Rifts timeline post cataclysm, but it could be a good way to throw something nasty and unexpected at your players. The obvious way to go with night time abductions would be to use a night-linded demon, but maybe it's a day-linked demon that demands children for breakfast thus making the boogie man little more than a demonic butler!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Creatures of Chaos is an EXCELLENT book!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

It's probably one of the 4 most used/loved books in my collection!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Squiz wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Shadow Lord from rifter 28. Use the Shadow magic there, in Library of Bletherad, and the other Rifter with shadow magic (I don't remember which one). Its all excellent work.

Damn those guys are bad ass!! :eek:

I think what I'm gonna do is pull some day demons from Creatures of Chaos and they'll have a GoD spell so that they aren't gonna get mopped up very easy :lol:

NOW you're thinking smart, now all I have to do is figure out how to counter that. hehehe :twisted: :lol:
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

styphont wrote:
The Beast wrote:LotD is a two (should be three Kevin!) book series for the PFRPG game. The second has some werebeasts and lots of undead, the first one has the random demon table.

I do beleive that a third book is in the works. I think you can preorder it from their online store. Its called the Bleakness I think.

Sorry its not. The manuscript turned in to Palladium needed changes. Bill Coffin then quit so its one of those titles that is waiting for a rewrite.

Carl
ImageImage
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Squiz wrote:My other topic got closed before I could respond to anything in it :badbad:

So let me say this now:
If you feel you have to argue with someone, take it to PMs but keep it out of here.

So at this point my players have set up defenses for a town that is being harassed by an unknown demon. All they know is that something comes in at night and takes children. The two search parties sent out to hunt this thing down haven't come back. It's up to the players to figure out what is going on. We have a burster, a headhunter, and 3 PA pilots. They've got an APC that they plan on hiding the remaining towns people (there's about 50 left) and they plan on waiting till night and luring out the demon.
Spoiler:
This is what they don't know and what I have set up. This creature coming in at night is a Boogie Man(Conversion Book pg. 110). Of course, it wasn't him who killed the search parties, but the greater demon's he's working for.

And this is where I'm stuck. What demon is it? Vampires is always an idea, especially since they are known to work with vampires and it'd be a perfect explanation, the Boogie Man brings back children for the vampires to feed on. But would they be this far out? This town is set just about 50 miles east of Merctown. I'd also like to throw something at the party that isn't as... for lack of a better word, typical as a vampire. I'd like something really nasty to throw at them :D

Make it a Red Flame Demon Lord ..

Those baddies can be EXTREAMLY .. fun .. especially with all their resources .. :D
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

I support the Shifter/Summoner aspect of the plot. Though I have another idea as well.

The Shifter/Summoner:
The Boogie Man is kidnapping children so that the Shifter can raise enough PPE to tear open a behemoth Rift, letting loose either a mass number of creatures or one to two giant sized monsters. Depending upon what the players do and if they discover the plot, they could either find the Shifter in mid ritual about to slay the group of innocents or have to deal with the aftermath of the spell (Including the death of some or all of the children).

If the former, the Shifter/Summoner needed to create an initial active Rift and then pump the extra PPE into it to super-charge it. The Rift begins to grow and the childrens' lives are stake, the players have to deal with smaller creatures pouring through the Rift (1d4+2) to get to the children and stop the Mage from completing his plan. The reason for this is that once he's summoned a sizable army/greater minion, he plans on razing the nearby town and re-creating the spell to greater effect with the rest of the towns people to further the growth of his army or finally summon the lord he owes allegiance to (if any).

If it's the latter, the players stumble upon the Mage too late and discover a grisly scene. The Mage stands behind either a small force (2d6+4) of monsters or a greater minion. The creature(s) go about gorging themselves on the deceased, yet when the players arrive the Mage's face twists into a devilish grin. Using an artifact or his own inherent power, he's animates the bodies of the little one's and uses them to attack the players. This act is not to wound the players physically or even put up a real fight, but to inflict mental and emotional trauma. The Mage has the same end goals as explained above.

The Vampire Problem:
If the Boogie Man follows the commands of the undead, then the children could just be a method to lure more individuals to increase the Vampires army. The two search parties are either mostly massacred and turned, or a couple could be left alive as entertainment for the Master Vampire. If the players discover this plot, then they could battle through the undead minions and discover those that are still alive. They could also discover the lair of the Master Vampire. When they enter, it is a naturally formed cave with more sub-systems leading down. The lair is a large underground cavern, completely dark. The remains of some of the search party can be seen glistening in the parties lights. Near the center of the cavern is a throne made mostly of remains, and near it are the children. They are chained to the floor or walls. All are frightened and are near succumbing to the cold environment (Depending, they could have been down there for days). When the players approach, it is revealed that the children have already been turned and now must deal with an ambush, as the rest of the vampires sneak in/mist in/fly in as bats and surround the group.

---------

Well, those are my ideas. Use'em if they're interesting.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

For more suggestions on what's summoned, I'd say use a Greater Hound if he summons a greater minion. Two if the players procrastinate or aren't quick enough. Those guy's should rush the PA, and may have been directed to use a living person as a human shield.

Also, consider the Dar'Ota as a spy. Slip in one disguised as either a guy or a gal "imprisoned" alongside the rest of the children and what's left of the search teams. If they rescue the people, the Dar'Ota could try and seduce/befriend one of the players. Then attempt to kill him/her when they're not looking and separated from the rest of the group.

Both are from Dark Conversions.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Thornhead demon from SB1.

Always up for a bit of pre-schooler snacking.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

As a note, Dark Conversions is an excellent resource as well. I love it to death.

Thornheads are a great idea. Highly territorial, good subordinate task masters (easily manipulated) and one tough mother in a stand up fight. Plus, metamorphosis: insect is handy for executing a getaway if need be.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

use a Mindolar (?), the thing from BTS that can mindcontrol people. the boogyman is kidnapping children under orders so the mindolar can take control over them, and then use them to get the rest of the town. it'll use a group of "heros" it already has control over to "rescue" the kids from the "demon", and then once the kids are returned, they'll help lead their parents to the mindolar.

the eventual goal of the thing being to control the whole town, so that it can then conduct a ritual to summon an army of demons under it's control and set up a Demon kingdom...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”