Just a question that might be long answered.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Just a question that might be long answered.

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Was it ever ask and answered why they added completly new Dragon for the Hatchlings and cut out the old Classic hatchlings?
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Re: Just a question that might be long answered.

Unread post by shiiv-a »

nope .. we get our milk from cows.

from plastic bags/ ... ewwww
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Sunu wrote:So do you guys really have milk in a bag in Canada?

(a more serious answer would be "yes, milk in (some parts of?) Canada can be purchased in a bag. it also comes in cartons here, but not those big jug things. it's actually pretty handy, because it lets you open a 'gallon' (actually 4L, but close enough) of milk 1/3 at a time, which keeps it fresher. also, the bags compress down to a much smaller area when you're done with them, making for less volume of waste)
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Shark_Force wrote:
Sunu wrote:So do you guys really have milk in a bag in Canada?

(a more serious answer would be "yes, milk in (some parts of?) Canada can be purchased in a bag. it also comes in cartons here, but not those big jug things. it's actually pretty handy, because it lets you open a 'gallon' (actually 4L, but close enough) of milk 1/3 at a time, which keeps it fresher. also, the bags compress down to a much smaller area when you're done with them, making for less volume of waste)

Here in Ctalonia (Spain) you can buy milk in plastic bags, tetrabrik, plastic bottles and even directly from a vending machine. :P :D
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Yes, Kevin always woanted the dragons for Rift's to be unique to Rift's setting.

See, it was a short answer.

And one of the possible motivations for that (other than getting some kewl new hatchling species out there, love the Cat's Eye) was to help keep the different game lines separate so that they might be more attractive to third parties looking to license Palladium's IP's.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

sHaka wrote:
Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:Yes, Kevin always woanted the dragons for Rift's to be unique to Rift's setting.

See, it was a short answer.

And one of the possible motivations for that (other than getting some kewl new hatchling species out there, love the Cat's Eye) was to help keep the different game lines separate so that they might be more attractive to third parties looking to license Palladium's IP's.

That and these were the dragons introduced in the Promise of Power video game and there were no RPG stats for them yet.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Ah I see, just seems silly to have to keep two rule books just so I can have both kinds of Hatchlings.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

What I want to know is when these new hatchlings will have adult versions coming out and fully given stats? Everyone loves dragons! Speaking of which, is it possible that these new hatchlings are on Earth due to the destruction/fear from the Dragon Kings of Freehold? That is, if you're using the official canon that the CS won at Tolkeen. I'm just wondering where they fit in compared to other dragon species, if there is some animosity towards specific species more than others, etc.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave

Return to “Rifts®”