Any "Non" games?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Peacebringer
Adventurer

Any "Non" games?

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Any Robotech games have you played in which you weren't fighting the Invid, Zentraedi or Masters or any other weird alien race?

Robotech has a lot more potential and possible depth, than repeating the cartoon series.

Has anyone played a game in which they were fighting other mechs that were piloted by a competing nation of humans? Imagine the Japanese Battletech mecha pitted against REF mecha has advanced versions of RDF mecha.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Any "Non" games?

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I used the EBSIS and the Black Market to hunt down my players when we played out the return of the Masters Revised game. The Players found the Expermental Mecha just minutes before the Black Markets retrieval team got there. It was a fun way to introduce it to them and make sure they did not have a half dozen spare mecha lying about.

If you want to do non aliens you have to be willing to the work. I like the idea of using all of them. However I like the idea of recreating the sentinels prelude chapter of robotech, in which the players are chasing Edwards and his group or maybe even helping him.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Right now the game I am running has a Human Menace the players are going against. He is in collusion with the Invid, but he has his own Power Armor - battery based (very short life span). Right now the players are going to start their big showdown with this human menace.

But in short, he's not EBSIS, but more of an Invid Sympathizer. But most of all, he's insane, and thinks he's a god.
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Tiree wrote:But most of all, he's insane, and thinks he's a god.

I used an "insane/god" NPC Big Bad in a Malcontent campaign. He was the result of an experiment using the sizing chamber on humans. The player group had a hard (and fun) time dealing with those ramifications.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

you could have the PCs play wargames with thier NPC counter parts. They are given command of a garfish and they must develop a plan to beat thier opponent.

Make up a mission briefing give them a time limit and set them out.

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Many of my games have focused more on combating humans than aliens.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Jefffar wrote:Many of my games have focused more on combating humans than aliens.

What are your main focuses? I have seen in the past you were a major supporter for the EBSIS stuff.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Built a campaign around ferreting out Edwards' treachery and taking out his lackies...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Jefffar wrote:Many of my games have focused more on combating humans than aliens.

What are your main focuses? I have seen in the past you were a major supporter for the EBSIS stuff.

Rarely do my players come up against main force EBSIS units, but the end up dealing with Bandits and Independent Baronies who are either clients or puppets of the EBSIS. On more than one occasion an EBSIS GRU agent was functioning as a liaison or leader of the group of bandits they had to deal with.

Generally the campaign plan is for the EBSIS to take a greater hand in what's going on, but regrettably scheduling or a bad choice of battle tactics puts and end to the campaign before things get really rolling.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Tiree wrote:Right now the game I am running has a Human Menace the players are going against. He is in collusion with the Invid, but he has his own Power Armor - battery based (very short life span). Right now the players are going to start their big showdown with this human menace.

But in short, he's not EBSIS, but more of an Invid Sympathizer. But most of all, he's insane, and thinks he's a god.

But...Lanadore is not an Invid Sympathizer. :P :wink: :demon:
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Novastar wrote:
Tiree wrote:Right now the game I am running has a Human Menace the players are going against. He is in collusion with the Invid, but he has his own Power Armor - battery based (very short life span). Right now the players are going to start their big showdown with this human menace.

But...Lanadore is not an Invid Sympathizer. :P :wink: :demon:

Yes, your character is following in an old idol singer's work: Sanjaya - yes your character idolizes his immortality!
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

The first Robotech game in which I played was set well into the 22nd Century. It involved a cabal of human psychics who overtook the Earth government and sent psionically piloted mecha after us through the rest of the solar system. The psychics were working out of a military base which had been experimenting in psionic abilities ever since the Kennedy administration.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Lord Z wrote:The first Robotech game in which I played was set well into the 22nd Century. It involved a cabal of human psychics who overtook the Earth government and sent psionically piloted mecha after us through the rest of the solar system. The psychics were working out of a military base which had been experimenting in psionic abilities ever since the Kennedy administration.

This seems interesting? How did your group/GM handle the powers and selection? I have always thought of adding the psychics into Robotech as a OCC. It was in the older books with the Robotech Masters, Invid and sentinels. And i can see it as a possible evolutional step for humans as well.

Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Last Robotech game I had was players who survived the Mars Division attacks being hunted by invid sympathizers. lots of cat and mouse stuff till they got proper armour and weapons
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I am currently in an africa PBP game that is going ageist a warlord.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

Shadow Chronicles Era - Currently trying to make trade agreements with a Russian Overlord. Or this is the direction the players are taking. We'll see what happens with these AUL/EBSIS sympathizers (Russian Overlord).

ps: sorry I don't post much more, but my players follow my posts! :x
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Snuffy wrote:Shadow Chronicles Era - Currently trying to make trade agreements with a Russian Overlord. Or this is the direction the players are taking. We'll see what happens with these AUL/EBSIS sympathizers (Russian Overlord).

ps: sorry I don't post much more, but my players follow my posts! :x

I wonder why they would do that? :roll:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”