Robotech - The New Generation: Any ETA?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

Robotech - The New Generation: Any ETA?

Unread post by avollant »

Any one has any info on this?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Robotech - The New Generation: Any ETA?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

None that I know of. Hopefully someone in the know will tell us something.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Release date BY 12 /12/12 :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ZINO wrote:Release date BY 12 /12/12 :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As funny as that sounds, we're still waiting for the third land of the damned book what.... 5 yrs laster.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Alpha 11
Palladin

ZINO wrote:Release date BY 12 /12/12 :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seriesly don't think it will take that long.. well, I hope not.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

I'm looking forward to all the additional gear and vehicles. While you can run a Sentinels game right now with what we have (between the old Sentinels RPG, plus Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Southern Cross), it would be nice to have all the rest of the stuff as well.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:I'm looking forward to all the additional gear and vehicles. While you can run a Sentinels game right now with what we have (between the old Sentinels RPG, plus Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Southern Cross), it would be nice to have all the rest of the stuff as well.

Don't we all.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

would love to see the AAT-30 (saw a pic on this somewhere with optional add ons, including a machine gun or something that mounted on top of the cab), AAT-40 and Lunk's big honking gun of munchkin smack down.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

some time after july I think, I don't remember seeing it on the "books we plan to finish by july" list.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Wildfire wrote:2044

:D thats more like it.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:I'm looking forward to all the additional gear and vehicles. While you can run a Sentinels game right now with what we have (between the old Sentinels RPG, plus Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Southern Cross), it would be nice to have all the rest of the stuff as well.

and if you have the old books that will be better
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

i will be dead by then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:lol: Still waiting for a LOT of books to come out!
They can't see me...Right!?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

ZINO wrote:

i will be dead by then

maybe not, the old coots in from the Ghost town episode were prolly born in the 80's or 90's...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Due to HG's policy of 'material as we see in the animation', we can expect to see much material that COULD have been grouped into Southern Cross to add to the equipment available to the various branches...such as the patrol boats that Scott & Co. use to ferry themselves(either across the Carribean or up the West Coast...we really need a speculative map of where they travelled)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Well, the New Generation Sourcebook is going to be rather different from its predecessors. It's going to be the first "saga sourcebook" that's going to be light on mecha stats; since all of the mecha that showed up in the New Gen eps have already been statted in Shadow Chronicles, any mecha that appear in the NG Sourcebook will be of the "never before seen" category (for some definition of that phrase). Likewise, all of the UEEF OCCs are already covered, and don't even need the amount of tweaking that Macross Saga's UEDF OCCs got. We might get one or two new MOS's; but even that strikes me as doubtful.

So what can we expect from this sourcebook? On the UEEF front, I'm expecting a few more Destroid designs - the latest generation of comics shows a destroid based on Mospeada concept art in the same issue that it shows a Myrmidon, so I think we can safely say that we'll be seeing stats for it sooner or later; and I won't be surprised if some of the other destroids from Mospeada concept art also end up making an appearance. Likewise, we keep on hearing about Hurricane veritech cycles (I've seen references to them in both Shadow Chronicles RPG and Masters Saga); perhaps they'll finally make an appearance in New Gen? Or perhaps not; that might end up in a Sentinels Saga sourcebook (which I dearly hope they get around to). And I expect there to be a few more UEEF vehicles and equipment specs, to cover those that have appeared in the series but haven't been statted yet.

I think, though, that the bulk of the book should probably be focusing on the Rooks and Rands of the setting, with non-military adventurer OCCs (or maybe just OCC; with the MOS system used in Shadow Chronicles and the Civilian Occupation variant presented in Macross Saga, I could definitely see Rook, Rand, and even Annie being handled by a single OCC), as well as "civilian" vehicles and equipment, and a discussion of life in the wilds of Invid Earth. For now, I've been adapting System Failure as a stand-in for this sort of thing.

On the Invid side, there should be Genesis Pits and their occupants, and human experimentation (such as Rook's cyborg boyfriend). Hopefully, there will also be some Invid OCCs (or would that be RCCs?) to allow for the likes of Corg and Sera. We'll probably have to wait for the Sentinels Saga to get Inorganics (I'll be surprised if the NG Saga Sourcebook addresses them); but perhaps we can gets stats on Invid Brains and Tesla-like Invid non-combatants.
tgunner91
Explorer

Unread post by tgunner91 »

dataweaver wrote:Well, the New Generation Sourcebook is going to be rather different from its predecessors. It's going to be the first "saga sourcebook" that's going to be light on mecha stats; since all of the mecha that showed up in the New Gen eps have already been statted in Shadow Chronicles, any mecha that appear in the NG Sourcebook will be of the "never before seen" category (for some definition of that phrase). Likewise, all of the UEEF OCCs are already covered, and don't even need the amount of tweaking that Macross Saga's UEDF OCCs got. We might get one or two new MOS's; but even that strikes me as doubtful.

Be warned. Palladium is well known for reprinting previously published materials and they are heavily into hardware. The old Sentinals game came out after all the other sourcebooks came it and it basically reprinted everything from the older books: O.C.C.s, mecha, equipment, everythinig. Now in fairness, it was tagged as a complete role-playing game so I guess that is necessary.

I think they are saving the world-info and adventure seeds for another set of sourcebooks. Palladium did this with the original books and those books were pretty good.

IIRC, Palladium was given a LOT of leeway to create background info for Robotech. I wonder if HG is giving them firm boundries about the Robotech World and what they can write about?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

WE'll defionitely see more on Invid castes and Invid Evolved OCCs/RCCs in it...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Robot Urchin wrote:
dataweaver wrote: Likewise, we keep on hearing about Hurricane veritech cycles (I've seen references to them in both Shadow Chronicles RPG and Masters Saga); perhaps they'll finally make an appearance in New Gen?

Is that the Garland from Megazone 23 (MODAT from Robotech: the Untold Story)? If it is, then we're not going to see it. HG doesn't have the Megazone 23 rights now.

I have no idea what the Hurricanes are, other than that they're UEEF ground veritechs, and that they're always mentioned in the same breath as Cyclones. My guess is that they're predecessors to Cyclones as Valkyries are to Alphas; but that's strictly a guess.

That said, they might be Robotech's version of Battletech's "Unseen": stats for the ground veritechs from Untold Story, but without illustrations (or with heavily revised illustrations). And for all we know, HG may be seeking to (re?)acquire the rights to Megazone 23, or at least the rights insofar as they pertain to Robotech - in which case "Hurricane" might be a placeholder that will remain undefined until said rights are in hand.

But that's also nothing but pure speculation.

("Unseen": for those not in the know, the first edition of Battletech featured mech designs with appearances taken directly from several anime sources, including but not limited to Macross. While FASA honestly thought that they had the necessary rights to do so, others disagreed. After the ensuing legal battle, FASA continued to reference the mechs in print and kept the game stats, but stopped illustrating them until fairly recently, when they released heavily retooled illustrations that bore only a vague resemblance to the original artwork. During the interim, these mech designs came to be referred to as the Unseen.)

Robot Urchin wrote:I hope they print some of the character stats that got cut from Macross and Southern Cross. If not in the New Generation book, then at least in the starship books.

Not in the New Generation book, please. The only character stats that I want to see in New Gen are for characters who were active on Earth during that saga - specifically, characters who actually made appearances in the New Gen series. But yes, I'd be interested in some sourcebooks that include more character write-ups. Heck, I could even go for a "character dossiers" book that's nothing but character write-ups: for me, Robotech was at least as much about the pilots as it was about the mecha.
Wildfire
Adventurer

I would like to see the Shadow Dancer and other prototypes or test types of the Devastator series of Cyclones.
I hope we can see a lot of civillian tech and maybe some other things that were in the Invasion game like that cool shot gun
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Don't forget to add in Carla's boyfriend's remote piloted aircraft. There are way too many things to list to add into the New Gen Sourcebook. Bio-emulator's, both of lunk's trucks, motorcycles, gangs, genesis pits, invid borgs, the old coots (and I think they were Army vets too! so potentially new OCC's)

lots of good stuff...
Wildfire
Adventurer

I hope they detail the ride on vehicle that you man the rear gun on in the Invasion game just replayed it and I love that part a Pretty cool vehicle and I hope they either make the gun cool or saythat it was the Silverback/ cyclone rail gun
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

With as hard as Harmony Gold is pushing to get the new RPG out. I'm sure it'll be out fairly quickly. Just watch for Kevin's announcment.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Aramanthus wrote:With as hard as Harmony Gold is pushing to get the new RPG out. I'm sure it'll be out fairly quickly. Just watch for Kevin's announcment.

Add Kevin McKeever to your Facebook account if you have one that is. ;)

Oh yeah, add Carl Macek as well.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”