What you Love about the new Shadow Chronicles RPG

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I like how well the book is bound, Quality worksmanship.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

10)I love the fact that they designated the "Current" Alfas with higher numbers so you can say that the "older" alfas in the original II and S books are "older marks"

9) The Size

7) The new MOS system

6) The Silverback

5) the MBR Mk II

4) The ZBR-10 Mk 1

3) The Cromium trooper armor. . .oops thats Rifts, sorry

2)the (FIXED!) VR 52 T and the VR-57

And finaly the number one thing I like about the new book?

1) page 312, somehow their is something about THAT expression on her face as shes hovering their farting thunderboltser Plasma thats just totaly PERFECT. . . Even though I like to teas Apollo about that.
冠双
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D The FIXED Beta Fighter! The Silverback (totally cool)! The fact that you can custom build your character! It doesn't take FOREVER to build a character! Woohoo!
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Arnie100 wrote::D The FIXED Beta Fighter! The Silverback (totally cool)! The fact that you can custom build your character! It doesn't take FOREVER to build a character! Woohoo!
and, Ironicaly, in Fixing the Beta we ended up BREAKING the betal all over again

SIGH!
冠双
Arnie100
Knight

:D That's why we can create different variants to fix any issues we find! Just don't know if I can post it here (maybe the background story on these things, hmm)!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Arnie100 wrote::D The FIXED Beta Fighter!

Not quite.

- The 'sensor cluster' identified on the Beta is in fact (which Palladium got right 20 years ago) a set of missiles. Several months ago Roger Harkavy over at the Robotech Reference Buide found OSM papers on the TLEAD (Beta) that showed they were missiles. Palladium was right all along about those being missiles.

- They shorted the amount of Coralsnake missiles (MM-16) by one full reload. There are supposed to be 40 Hammerhead 190mm SRMs (10 in each chest rack and 1 reload each) and 32 Coralsnake 340mm SRMs (8 in each popup launcher and 1 reload each).

- Each of the wing hardpoints are capable of mounting a single Long Range Missiles according to the lineart. This is missing from the entry.

- The Bomb Bay should be able to carry missiles, since we see them used in The Masters War in a matter that would be easy for them to drop free of the bay before igniting their motors (which is possible now for many missiles).

All told, the Beta is supposed to mount at least 78 missiles (72 SRM, 6 MRM) plus any additional ordnance on the wing hardpoints (including LRMs and MRM/SRM multi-ejector racks) or carried in the bomb bay.

Edit: I'm a retard and my math skills suck. :D
Last edited by Rabid Southern Cross Fan on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

8? where were the other 2 MRMS?
冠双
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Drakenred®™© wrote:8? where were the other 2 MRMS?

Hehe, damn fingers. I got the right overall count of 78 but messed up the individual (72 & 6)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

*The Character Descriptions
*The Silverback
*The Condor(at last!)
*The Invid Overlord
*HHHAAARRRDDDWAAAARRREEE!!!
*The fact that I'm holding it right now instead of futily wishing somebody would do something NEW for Robotech...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

:D At least they gave the new Beta the arm cannons and the 3 cannons in fighter mode! They fixed THAT finally!
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:I like how well the book is bound, Quality worksmanship.
    I second that!
    I also like how skills and O.C.C.s were handled and can't wait to see the later books..... :D
    I don't mind the "correct" stats being in there either (but don't like the increased MDC levels: but that's for another thread).... :)
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The Cyclones, the Invid Overlord, and the Bioroid Interceptor.

Those are my chief favorites.

~ Josh
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

The light weight!!! <<Back aching from years of carrying backpack>> :lol:

I wasn't completely sold on the small size before I got my copy yesterday, but having had it in my eager hands for the past 24 hours, I gotta say, it's starting to feel just about right. And I love the mecha. Of coure, I wouldn't mind more. And more. And more. And more!!! (Can you say tech-no-phile?!) :lol:
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

Things I like

New O.C.C. concepts

Invid Overlord

Augmented Strength for cyclones

Specialized Cyclones?

Things I don't like

Battloid Ace O.C.C.? they can't come up with a better name?

Increased M.D.C.?

No Shadow-dancer?? It was in the video game and so was the overlord..
:(

No Ships at all.

I want exact stats on what an Neutron S missile does. I don't care if it creates a black hole. Whats the M.D.C. needed to break space time? :D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Arnie100 wrote::D At least they gave the new Beta the arm cannons and the 3 cannons in fighter mode! They fixed THAT finally!

*Homer Simpson cheer*
"WOO-HOO!!!!!"
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

razorjack wrote:.... dakka dakka dakka.

Hmm...
*evil idea*
Now I'm off to design Veritech-sized bolters. :demon:
Drakenred®™©
Champion

razorjack wrote:i like that the Silverlight heavy can mount 4 railguns and a flak cannon.
.... dakka dakka dakka.
ahem

it technicaly can mount 5 + the flack cannon.

I has a hand held slot for a weapon + the 4 wheel mounts + the back turret.
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Five mounts? WOW! It looked pretty cool! But may make it my favorite ground mecha in the book too! Thank you for pointing that out Drakenred!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

your names not Sam by chance?(Just kidding!)
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Nope! Not Sam! I am not Sam I am! But I've still had too many irons in the fire to be more than able to just scan RtSC yet. It sucks but it has to wait until I can sit back and read it. Which will be a few weeks for that.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

my fav is...

Unread post by bielmic »

we now have Veritech Dune Buggies!!!! :)
Aramanthus
Monk

Those dune buggies are very nicely armed and armored! I'll be glad to try them out in the game!

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*Actual variations on the 3 old-type Alpha fighters..yes, Rook's WAS better at flying INATMO.
*REAL difference in the Cyclone models (yes, still sexsist, but hey, the fem-cyclones MOVE like they have a purpose).
*Customizablity of your OCC's...no longer a "mook factory".
*Dune-Buggy mecha racing ;) :ok: :mrgreen: :lol:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Definitly a cool book. Nice to see updated/fixed stats on the Beta and Cyclones. Love the Silverback and Bioroid. :ok: Would love to see what they'll do with the rest of the Destroids (if anything).
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Impressive

Unread post by DhAkael »

Thoth12 wrote:Impressive. Most impressive.

Well done. I like the fact that they didn't just use the old stuff from the original books, that most of it is new and original work. I like most of it. I bought four copies. My players and I are now going to Playtest it, see how it works from character generation right through to playing a campaign.

I must admit, I have been waiting for this Game to be re-done for years, and now we get a chance to re-boot the old characters from the 80s and early 90s.

T

Yeah, once I purchase my copy (tomorow), I'm gonna need to reset my old Robotech PC's using new skills and PC generation..should be fun though...now to blow the inch thick layer of dust off'n those sheets so I can READ 'em ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Jockitch74 wrote:Definitly a cool book. Nice to see updated/fixed stats on the Beta and Cyclones. Love the Silverback and Bioroid. :ok: Would love to see what they'll do with the rest of the Destroids (if anything).
I like the Condor myself, as the Bioroid seems to be reserved for Zents and Tyrolians.... :) Wish they had more ground mecha 'sides the Dune Buggy and Condor though.... :( I miss the old REF destroids from Sentinels and wish they were revamped for the Shadow Chronicles RPG..... :cry:
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Drakenred®™©
Champion

well since they went with the sentinals just use them as writen for now and figure the old stat units were old teck
冠双
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

But don't forget to put in those micro-fusion protoculture reactors in them. Apparently they were all over the place before the Alpha's and Beta's.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'll be happy to use those old tech devices. Just one thing would those new fusion engines introduced in the new book actually affect those from the old books?

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Aramanthus wrote:I'll be happy to use those old tech devices. Just one thing would those new fusion engines introduced in the new book actually affect those from the old books?
how so?

it also seams to be 2 kinds of PC-Fusion Engines.... the Bioroid has a Regular one.... the Condor has a "high output" one.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Aramanthus
Monk

I was wondering if they were going to force the issue. As far as I'm concerned I'm planning on the older tech to operate the way it used too. But I was curious as to how other were going to handle it in their game.

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

whipped4073 wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Five mounts? WOW! It looked pretty cool! But may make it my favorite ground mecha in the book too! Thank you for pointing that out Drakenred!

Nope, sorry. It can only carry 4.

The modular mount description (item #4) says it can carry the HRG-70, but to then see item #2.

The way it reads to me is this:

-- VM-9L: 1 H-260 Valiant (front right wheel), 1 GR-97 (left front wheel), 2 available wheel mounts (HRG-70, EP-37, EP-40, RL-6, or additional GR-97s), plus modular turret
-- VM-9H: 1 HRG-70, 2 MM launchers (12 each), 3 available wheel mounts (EP-37, EP-40, RL-6, GR-97, or additional HRG-70s), plus modular turret
-- VM-9E: as -9L, but sensor module replaces modular turret

Still, 4 HRG-70s plus the HRG-140 makes for a lot of rail gun firepower...
um whiped? just mount 4 on the wheels and when you transform hand yourself the H-260 Valiant when you transform.
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

whipped4073 wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:
whipped4073 wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Five mounts? WOW! It looked pretty cool! But may make it my favorite ground mecha in the book too! Thank you for pointing that out Drakenred!

Nope, sorry. It can only carry 4.

The modular mount description (item #4) says it can carry the HRG-70, but to then see item #2.

The way it reads to me is this:

-- VM-9L: 1 H-260 Valiant (front right wheel), 1 GR-97 (left front wheel), 2 available wheel mounts (HRG-70, EP-37, EP-40, RL-6, or additional GR-97s), plus modular turret
-- VM-9H: 1 HRG-70, 2 MM launchers (12 each), 3 available wheel mounts (EP-37, EP-40, RL-6, GR-97, or additional HRG-70s), plus modular turret
-- VM-9E: as -9L, but sensor module replaces modular turret

Still, 4 HRG-70s plus the HRG-140 makes for a lot of rail gun firepower...
um whiped? just mount 4 on the wheels and when you transform hand yourself the H-260 Valiant when you transform.

So where do you keep the 5th one in dune buggy mode?

In the gunrack.

(please realise your asking a Texan where you store a gun on a Vehicle)

besides the thing has 800 pounds of storage according to the text, that rifle should be easy enough to strap on somplace. in fact I would have no problem with letting the crew stow the rail gun and ammo where one of the four storage bins is.
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

That is true Drakenred. I know I saw a number of vehicles with rifle racks when I spent time down there in Texas with some very good friends. A railgun stored in the cargo area and if you had a pintle mount it'd be a very nice extra weapon. Again thank you both for your clarifications!

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

a freind of mine watching the vidio of the Invid invasion made a coment about needing a bigger pot to boil them when they saw the Invid invasion story
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

In some ways they do sort ressemble enlarged lobsters! I wonder if they taste like lobsters.

HH....FIE
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I love the fast character generations, the mecha and the easy stat tables, however I will still use the traditional attribute generation if requested.

I really love the Silverbacks though glad they made it out of the comics

I wish there were some Zent modifiers though they seem to be missing
Aramanthus
Monk

I had that feeling too about the Zentaerdi! I usually gave them human stats for their intelligence and their mental endurance. People are people no matter how big or small they are!

HH....FIE
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I think I will give out the bonuses from the Macross II book casue I don't think they are that dumb, they just can't hold steady jobs or sell kids toys like Rico Konda or Braun ;)
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

I like the MOS system, silverbacks, and the overlord
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”