Just bought some (cheap) luggage!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Just bought some (cheap) luggage!

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Just bought luggage for the trip, its a duffel that can carry about 10-20 books and two days worth of cloths and toiletries. That and my carry on laptop bag and I should be set.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Dont forget toiletries, hygene is very important.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

you forgot booze. PACK BOOZE.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:you forgot booze. PACK BOOZE.

they got liquor stores in Taylor. :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

touche
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:touche

what do you drink?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

myheadhurts wrote:I drink Miller Genuine Draft. (what do you expect i am from milwaukee)

I mean like beer or liquor, not do you drink from the can after someone pisses in it. :P
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

As far as toiletries, absolutely don't forget them, but also don't forget you need to be careful how you pack them!

Current TSA carry-on regulations:

-No liquid, gel, or aerosal permitted in a container greater than 100ml (3.4oz) in size. Hint: Water is a liquid, and is included in this prohibition.

-All LGA items must be in a single sealable plastic bag, quart-sized or smaller. One bag per passenger. This bag must be removed from your luggage and run through the XRay seperate from your other items.

-The exception to the above is medications with prescriptions, or obvious medical items. Essential oils and holy water are NOT medical items. Insulin is. Contact lens solution can be considered to be.

-You may get lucky and get away with more, but probably not. Bear in mind, there are no LGA restrictions for your checked baggage. It's a good idea to put any LGA's you may have there, instead of carrying on.

-TSA does not care if you just bought it / spent lots of money / really really want it. If it breaks the rules, you will not be allowed to take it, no matter how much you whine. If you whine too much, the police will be called. It is suggested you arrive 2 hours early for a reason. If you screw up and bring something you can't have, 2 hours gives you time to take it back to the ticket counter and check it, or put it in your car, give it to a friend, or otherwise ensure its safe keeping. If you show up at the last second with a $50 bottle of lotion or a $300 bottle of scotch, and you take it to the checkpoint, you are S.O.L.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

myheadhurts wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
myheadhurts wrote:I drink Miller Genuine Draft. (what do you expect i am from milwaukee)

I mean like beer or liquor, not do you drink from the can after someone pisses in it. :P

No RB what you refer to is Bud light not miller.

:lol: You're both wrong, as Milwaukee's Beast is closest to that description. :puke:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

myheadhurts wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
myheadhurts wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

No RB what you refer to is Bud light not miller.

:lol: You're both wrong, as Milwaukee's Beast is closest to that description. :puke:

ya beast is the **** from the bottom of the tank with **** and watered added.

don't worry headhurtz, We'll get you some Sam Adam's and it will be all right.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ill bring a supply of canadian beer for you to enjoy. Then you will know what a real beer is supposed to taste like.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Bah! I should bring up some Texan Shiner Bock...then you'd know a good beer!

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
The Galactus Kid

Rat Bastard and I have already had this conversation through PM, actually months ago. We decided that if drinking **** beer was in the cards, then we couldn't actually talk to each other and would, in fact, have to handcuff our selves together and have a knife fight until one of us stopped breathing. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink **** beer if I'm just trying to get drunk, but for the most part I prefer to enjoy my drinking experiences.

Who knows, Maybe I'll try a case race or a game of 40 hands during the open house. That could be interesting.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I'm blessed in that I live a mile away from a Warehouse beer/wine store with an amazing selection. From the day I turned twenty one I was picking up "make your own six-packs". Sam Adam's Cherry wheat is my favorite "walking around beer" but I have found dozens of other gems. However my Dad got me hooked on single malt scotch recently.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Cant claim to be a fan of scotch, Rye on the other hand, good friends we are.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I have heard the Germans make a passable beer but have never sampled it myself.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Greyaxe wrote:I have heard the Germans make a passable beer but have never sampled it myself.

you may want to put that on the "things I do before I die" list under "threesome with Asian twins" and above "get married on a roller coaster".
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

rat_bastard wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:I have heard the Germans make a passable beer but have never sampled it myself.

you may want to put that on the "things I do before I die" list under "threesome with Asian twins" and above "get married on a roller coaster".

Im already married so that puts drinking German beer pretty high on the list.
The Galactus Kid

I'm a bourbon buy myself. Being from KY you kinda have to be. I'm bringing at least 2 bottles of evan williams special 9 year over which to share good conversation.

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Greyaxe wrote:Ill bring a supply of canadian beer for you to enjoy. Then you will know what a real beer is supposed to taste like.

Eh, Kokanee (or however you spell that) was OK, but I still prefer my Busch and Bud if I want to drink beer. However, as I've stated before, I'm more of a Jack person. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Palladium Open House”