How do we meet up?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: How do we meet up?

Unread post by NMI »

CommonDialog wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a total n00b at to the OH scene :?

So I was wondering, I'll be in town Friday night in time for karaoke or gaming or whatever. What's the best way to get ahold of someone?
Hang around @ the Hotel and look for your fellow geeks or be @ the Open House Friday. There might be one or two or 100 fellow gamers.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I had the same question a few weeks ago...
The method I came up with was to simply put a sign on my hotel room door. Something like a CS Intelligence logo with a simple message (Palladium OH 07!)

Someone also suggested posting your room info here for other players. I'll most likely do both.

I also understand that last year (I was not in attendance) the Ramada Inn set aside a conference room for meeting/after hours player, I'll be mingling there.

See ya there (5 days and counting)!
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

A lot of people were also wearing Palladium t-shirts. At least I will. You should be safe enough to assume that we're all part of the same convention :D

So just approach and introduce yourself. We're all pretty friendly.

Carl
ImageImage
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I will arrive in Taylor at about 8:30 AM, and hopefully make it to the Ramada at about 10:00 AM. Meet up in the breakfast nook?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

by that time, Rat Bastard, I'll be throwing empty bottles at you and telling you how you ruined my life.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:by that time, Rat Bastard, I'll be throwing empty bottles at you and telling you how you ruined my life.

oh Kid Galactus, your life was running off the tracks long before I met you.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:by that time, Rat Bastard, I'll be throwing empty bottles at you and telling you how you ruined my life.
Nah, we need to keep him alive so we can play "Pin the tail on the rat_bastard!"
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Everybody wants a piece of the Illegitimate Rodent. :P
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I just figured on put a sign on the door with my screen name on it.

Though my wife suggests it may be a bad idea. :lol: :?
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

sawg138 wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:I just figured on put a sign on the door with my screen name on it.

"Nxla and Wife"

What wrong with being associated with "666", all it does is spell "Nero" in ancient Greek? :? :lol: :D
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

sawg138 wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:I just figured on put a sign on the door with my screen name on it.

"Nxla and Wife"

What wrong with being associated with "666", all it does is spell "Nero" in ancient Greek? :? :lol: :D

Well, not many people read ancient Greek these days.

Then again, not many people read today either. :-(
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Heck with worrying about other folks' impressions. I say you just gather some fellow gamers and set up a giant circle of Summon Greater Devils in the lobby, with burning candles, chants, fake doves and such.

What?

Ok, you could settle for just writing your name in Palladium Runes. Nobody but a PB fan would be able to read the 666 part that way :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Carl Gleba

J. Lionheart wrote:Heck with worrying about other folks' impressions. I say you just gather some fellow gamers and set up a giant circle of Summon Greater Devils in the lobby, with burning candles, chants, fake doves and such.

What?

Ok, you could settle for just writing your name in Palladium Runes. Nobody but a PB fan would be able to read the 666 part that way :-)

Are you trying to bring the Minion War to the Ramada? :eek: You know what kind of deals I had to make to get a tour of Dyval?? You don't want to know...really you don't want to know :oops:

:D
Carl
ImageImage
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Yeah Kevin did not want to announce it but the 5th book in the Minion war takes place at the Ramada downriver. :P

thats why it only got 2.5 out of 5 stars in orbitz.
Carl Gleba

rat_bastard wrote:Yeah Kevin did not want to announce it but the 5th book in the Minion war takes place at the Ramada downriver. :P

thats why it only got 2.5 out of 5 stars in orbitz.

:ok: :ok:
ImageImage
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I know, an open rift to a demonic war took a Whole star off!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

rat_bastard wrote:I know, an open rift to a demonic war took a Whole star off!

Yeah, it was all the creepy, wannabe paranormal investigators that came to the aftermath that subtracted the other 1 1/2. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:I know, an open rift to a demonic war took a Whole star off!

Yeah, it was all the creepy, wannabe paranormal investigators that came to the aftermath that subtracted the other 1 1/2. :lol:

Hahaha, indeed :-P

Hmmm... perhaps we can find some temporary spray-chalk or something, and make circles of protection outside the PB building or something? Protection from Odors around the porta-johns, Protection from rock-chips in the gravel parking area, you know, the usual :-P

Oh, and I fully endorse having hordes of paranormal investigators. What could possibly go wrong?
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I thought I read that in the hotel description:
Indoor/outdoor pool, resautrant, bar, ley line nexus parking lot adjacent... ya its all here :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

asajosh wrote:I thought I read that in the hotel description:
Indoor/outdoor pool, resautrant, bar, ley line nexus parking lot adjacent... ya its all here :D

Swwweeeeeeeeet.

Let's see. According to Google Maps, there's a nice round grassy hill next to the hotel, inside the loop of the freeway ramp. That would be an excellent spot for a Nexus to be located, and of course, the accompanying late-night ceremonies :-D
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

asajosh wrote:I thought I read that in the hotel description:

Great, so I'm going to have to throw up my mind block to keep my presence sense in check? Better not be any entities nearby. :-?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Warwolf wrote:Great, so I'm going to have to throw up my mind block to keep my presence sense in check? Better not be any entities nearby. :-?

Just hire a nega-psychic to set up camp near the nexus, and it'll take care of that little problem. Shawn Hall plays an excellent nega, by the way.

Return to “Palladium Open House”