Dodging Question

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Well as far as I know, both Rifts and the 2nd edition of HU both have dodge penalties, which at one point, it in Rifts was a flat -10 for all modern ranged weapons and ranged combat. This has since been amended.
As for the dodge bonus, none of the games currently in production give a dodge bonus from a high Speed attribute, I don't know when they removed those, as my copy of TMNT&OS is the only book that has them, but none of the other games do.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

You might want to check the FAQ on the boards here for the answers to many of your rules questions.

Kuseru Satsujin RE: Dodging Ranges Attacks wrote:This varies between rulebooks. The penalty is -10 in Rifts and Palladium Fantasy, -4 in Heroes Unlimited and Ninjas & Superspies, -10 against regular guns and -12 against machine-guns in After the Bomb 2e, and generally not mentioned at all in other games. In Rifts, HU and PF the penalty applies to dodging all fast-moving ranged attacks, including bullets, arrows, and energy blasts. In N&S and AtB2e the penalty is only for modern weapons (guns, missiles, etc.). Additionally, each game has other considerations that can raise or lower the penalty (speed, distance, etc.).

Kuseru Satsujin RE: Speed Bonus to Dodge wrote:Question: Here's a question that has been bothering me for a while. Is there a ruling in the books about being able to use some of your regular dodge bonus for your Auto-Dodge bonus?
Ex.: Rifts Campaign, with a Talus Super Hero rifted in. So his Martial Arts gives him Auto-Dodge. Some of the powers he has is Extraordinary Speed, Sonic Flight, Manipulate Kinetic Energy. Now he does get a bonus to Auto-Dodge from one of them, but since he moves so fast, would the dodge bonuses he gets from H2H, or his powers be used for both his Auto-Dodge and regular dodge? Or even some of it? His Natural Speed is also pretty high, I thought I remember TMNT books giving a bonus to Dodge depending on the Spd Attrib. Would that be allowed to use for both Auto-Dodge and Regular Dodge?

Answer: As per page 33 of the RGMG and page 67 of HU2, bonuses to Dodge and Automatic Dodge are kept separate.
Automatic Dodge receives a bonus only from a high P.P. score and from any specific listed Automatic Dodge bonus (such as that provided by Hand to Hand: Commando or the Extraordinary Speed super power).
Dodge bonuses based on Spd. attribute are no longer used in Palladium games, and their inclusion would be entirely up to the GM.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

The bonuses also start at 16 in AtB2
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”