REF Protoculture

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

REF Protoculture

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

Ok what i want to know is where did all that protoculture come from if the whole Sentinels story arc was thrown out the window. I understand that in the Sentinels Novels Rem was able to conjure up a new protoculture matrix. But now that Robotech.com completely ruled out that portion of the story....

any theories?
For the Glory of the Zentraedi and Khyron!!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Re: REF Protoculture

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Robotech_Elder wrote:Ok what i want to know is where did all that protoculture come from if the whole Sentinels story arc was thrown out the window.

Same place all the Southern Cross protoculture came from, the remains of Dolza's Grand Fleet plus what had been stored on the SDF-01. Since The Army of the Southern Cross is a service branch and the REF is combat command, they both have the same logistical sources.
Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

I Just don't see the extreme amounts of protoculture necessary to conduct several assaults on Earth, Venus, Mars Jupiter and Saturn reclaimation forces. Now I could possibly see them extracting necessary protoculture reserves from Invid strongholds and conquered planets. Possibly adapting their use of protoculture canister use???

Thoughts?
For the Glory of the Zentraedi and Khyron!!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Robotech_Elder wrote:Possibly adapting their use of protoculture canister use????

Umm, the United Earth Forces, Zentraedi, Robotech Masters and Invid likely all use the exact same canister design. The HBT cell shown in Robotech would appear to be the standard mecha cell, since the UEG got most of its Protoculture from the Zentraedi Grand Fleet, with the remaining coming from the SDF-01.
Protoculture

Re: REF Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Robotech_Elder wrote:Ok what i want to know is where did all that protoculture come from if the whole Sentinels story arc was thrown out the window. I understand that in the Sentinels Novels Rem was able to conjure up a new protoculture matrix. But now that Robotech.com completely ruled out that portion of the story....

any theories?

There is no reason to throw away the possibility that Rem (assisted by Cabell & REF biotech scientists) may have conjure up a way to produce new protoculture supplies from the infertile / mutant FoL (known in the novel as 2nd Gen FoL) that thrived on some Sentinel worlds (seeded by Zor long ago during his mission).

The protoculture supplies from the caches of Dolza's Grand Fleet & Breetai's Imperial Fleet survivors are not limitless. We know that Earth undergo aggressive development post Rain of Death, fighting Malcontents & redeveloping Earth habitation centers at a fast rate (less than a decade), with massive deep space colonization efforts from mid 2010s to 2020s & supporting a large terrestrial Robotech forces in Sol System (SCA) & the Expeditionary Fleet.

The demand for REF protoculture supplies post 2031 grew as REF embroiled against Regent Invid in Sentinel conflicts. This means, protoculture supplies in REF storage should have diminished over the years, especially energy subsidies (apart from mecha & weaponry) given to Sentinel military forces, & to support several Earth Reclaimation missions in 2030s & 2040s, as such, the need to no longer depended on REF already diminished protoculture supplies should become top priority & REF protoculture production should become a necessity.

Not only that, as most Sentinel worlds recently liberated from Invid, in order to finance the development of their devastated worlds, these worlds would have resort to export the mutant / sterile FoL native to their homeplanet, in which bought by REF as the biotechnology to derive 2nd Gen protoculture (as opposed to Zor's pure protoculture strain from the original, untampered FoL native on Optera) from these variety is available.

We just can't rule out McKinney's RT: Sentinel out of the window. Some elements from the now non-canon works of McKinney have creeped out into canonised Prelude to The Shadow Chronicles comic series & RT: Shadow Chronicles.

We can safely assume that REF depended on its protoculture supplies that was scavenged from remnants of Zentreadi Armada post Rain of Death, & by late 2030s, existing REF protoculture supplies were added with new 2nd Gen Protoculture.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”