Thinking about getting the main book...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

From just an economic perspective, if you decide against the hardcover then it will contribute less to the total cost of the grab bag, thus enabling you to get more of something else (in theory). You might could try to get a copy of Boxed Nightmares (assuming that it even exists somewhere) to go along with BtS2 (since the sourcebooks for it are quite a ways off).
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Ask for the Hardcover.

I only say so because my friend Scott spilt coffee on mine.

~ Josh
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Thinking about getting the main book...

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Ninjabunny wrote:I've been thinking about getting the main rule book for BTS with a X-mas grab bag. I was just wondering if I should try to get the hardcover or not. I know the game is fun and that its got lots of neat things you can do for it I was just wondering which was the better deal The hard or the soft? Sorry to bug everyone with something so dumb but some feed back would be nice thanks again guys.

I've been pondering this too. I have all the Rifts books, don't want any more Fantasy books, and only need two more Nightbane books. I'd like to bolster up my collection of Coalition miniatures, but I wonder how much the hardcover BtS2 book will take away from the two books and minis I want.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Go for the hardcover you won't regret it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

So I think this is what I'm going to send in as my wishlist (in order from most wanted to least):

• Nightbane 1: Between the Shadows
• Nightbane 2: Nightlands
• BTS-2 Gold Edition Hardcover (signed proof copy or signed and
numbered)
• Rifts Miniatures
- Coalition Soldiers: Coalition Soldiers Miniature Pack Code: MI8003 (I
have two packs, but want more)
- Coalition Skelebots #1 Miniature PackCode: MI8008 (I have none)
- Rogues & Scout #1 Miniature Pack Code: MI8017 (I have none)
- Coalition SAMAS #1 Miniature Pack Code: MI8009 (I have one)
- Coalition Sky Cycle Miniature Pack Code: MI8010 (I have one)
• Original Artwork
• Rifts Ultimate Gold

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”