VOTE! The Rifts Chi Town Omnibus

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you pre-order the Rifts Omnibus?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:43 am

Heck yeah! I'd be happy to pre-order! :)
70%
Ixnay. No way. :(
30%

Total votes: 23

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

VOTE! The Rifts Chi Town Omnibus

Unread post by Spinachcat »

In the Help Save Palladium Books! forum, I have a thread called The Ransom Model that discusses my idea about how PB could reprint old books by having the product is paid for by pre-orders.

The purpose of this poll is to determine what interest there may exist among the PB fans to participate in the Ransom Model. Here is my idea for you: the Rifts Chi Town Omnibus

Gmask1 suggested to combine "all the Chi-Town Burbs Adventure books in a single volume... or even Index One and Two in a volume with updates to bring it all up to date."

The Rifts Chi Town Burb Omnibus would be a hefty book with Adventure Sourcebooks 1, 2, 3 - Chi Town Burbs, Tolkeen Crisis, Black Vault and Vanguard all slammed together!

Would you buy this as a pre-order and pre-pay and knowing that you would have to wait 60 or even 90 days as all the pre-orders showed up to pay for the print run?
RainOfSteel
Champion

Re: VOTE! The Rifts Chi Town Omnibus

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Spinachcat wrote:[...] Tolkeen Crisis [...]

Wait. I've never heard of Tolkeen Crisis.

When was that released?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

Re: Meh

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Unknown_Nobody wrote:I already have all of the books :-?

So, what you're saying is, you wouldn't buy omnibus editions?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

I already have those books and would not buy this collection.

Are you talking about the "Coalition Wars" series?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would buy this. Hell, I'd compile it and write new material for it.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Count on me for that Pre-Order!! :-P

Q.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Mr. Pook wrote:Nah. Not a big fan of that the metaplot as a tool in general, and didn't like this one in specific. Leave that sort of thing to the roleplayers.

What?

There is no Meta-Plot in the Chi-Town Burb Adventure Sourcebooks.

---------

GENERAL NOTE: The Adventure Sourcebooks usually do not have adventures in them. They simply allow for a much greater focus than a world book or other sourcebook. I.e. it allows for a closer examination of a subject that might be inappropriate for another sourcebook.

~ Josh
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Mithral wrote:
mindwyr wrote:I already have those books and would not buy this collection.

Are you talking about the "Coalition Wars" series?
The "Rifts Adventure Sourcebook" series.

Whoops! Duh! *smacks forehead* When I saw "Tolkeen Crisis" for some reason my mind thought of the war. I was imagining this giganto book of a 1,000 pages.

I still wouldn't buy this book. I already have all the material listed that would be included in the book. Now if they came out with World Books that went through each of the Coalition States much like Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ I'd get those in a heartbeat.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

[quote="Mr. Pook"]Just a note, the "General Note" wasn't directed at you in particular Pook, or anyone for that matter.

It's just a common misconception that usually pops up when we talk about Adventure Sourcebooks, so I decided to post the note.

Call it preemptive.

:)

~ Josh
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Pook wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Mr. Pook wrote:Nah. Not a big fan of that the metaplot as a tool in general, and didn't like this one in specific. Leave that sort of thing to the roleplayers.

What?

There is no Meta-Plot in the Chi-Town Burb Adventure Sourcebooks.

---------

GENERAL NOTE: The Adventure Sourcebooks usually do not have adventures in them. They simply allow for a much greater focus than a world book or other sourcebook. I.e. it allows for a closer examination of a subject that might be inappropriate for another sourcebook.

~ Josh

Doh! You're right. I was thinking of the SOT stuff.

At least I wasn't the only one. :ok:
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Though I'd like to see a Chi-Town Source Book, the Burb' books are alreayd out on the market and relatively inexpensive enough to buy all at once if need be. Such a book should be about the interior of the fortress city, its poeple, and inner sociopolitical workings, plus a little seasoning from dark, vile secrets exposed. To repackage the Adventure Books would be cheap, and not in the good way.

As for the Index Books, I could see a use for a revised and updated one, but it may as well be called Index 3 given all the work it would entail to bring up to date. Plus as of the release of CWC its adventure is extremely dated and would have to be omited and replaced with something entierly new.

Overall I like the idea of funding new books with pre-sales funds, but I'd prefer new material.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Dead Boy wrote:As for the Index Books, I could see a use for a revised and updated one, but it may as well be called Index 3 given all the work it would entail to bring up to date. Plus as of the release of CWC its adventure is extremely dated and would have to be omited and replaced with something entierly new.

This is a little off topic here, but the no indices thing has always irked me about Palladium. Like it's that hard to put in an index. I know it takes time, but time that would make the quality of the books--I feel--much greater and appealing.

Return to “Rifts®”