Ghost Hunters

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Ghost Hunters

Unread post by Ridley »

Yeah! New season of ghost hunters. This show is always good for ideas for hauntings.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: Ghost Hunters

Unread post by dark brandon »

Ridley wrote:Yeah! New season of ghost hunters. This show is always good for ideas for hauntings.

You know, I was watching that show last night, and it just didn't strike me as spooky.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Ghost Hunters

Unread post by Ridley »

dark brandon wrote:
Ridley wrote:Yeah! New season of ghost hunters. This show is always good for ideas for hauntings.

You know, I was watching that show last night, and it just didn't strike me as spooky.

Wut was that one about? didnt see it
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

There are a couple episodes that show some really weird stuff. Like objects moving with no one around kind of stuff, strange images on video.

They don't do the show to be spooky. They approach from a very scientific, evidence gathering point of view.
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Nemo235 wrote:There are a couple episodes that show some really weird stuff. Like objects moving with no one around kind of stuff, strange images on video.

They don't do the show to be spooky. They approach from a very scientific, evidence gathering point of view.

Agreed. Spooky is not the point. Fascinating or intriguing are a bit more appropriate words. Although, some of the EVPs (electronic voice phenomena) they record can give you a bit of the willies.
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

I wasn't trying to knock dark brandon's comment, by the way. Some episodes are spooky.

I was just trying to say some other shows go out of their way to be all dramatic and edgy, the way the investigators act and the way they edit the show. I think most of them come off looking pretty cheesy and fake.

Ghost Hunters takes a serious approach, and have very stringent criteria for what they would call a "haunting".

From an RPG writing point of view, it also shows that not all mysteries can be solved.
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Nemo235 wrote:I wasn't trying to knock dark brandon's comment, by the way. Some episodes are spooky.

I was just trying to say some other shows go out of their way to be all dramatic and edgy, the way the investigators act and the way they edit the show. I think most of them come off looking pretty cheesy and fake.

Ghost Hunters takes a serious approach, and have very stringent criteria for what they would call a "haunting".

From an RPG writing point of view, it also shows that not all mysteries can be solved.

I understand, it does look cheesy. Not knocking the show, just not my cup of tea.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

I can see the "cheesy" bit. Sometimes I'm forced the reaction of, "Oh please" or "Oh gag me." ;)

But I can get over that considering the other drivel that's on TV now.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”