I must be overlooking it...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Nerdbane wrote:You're welcome. I just read through it all again - man, does that give me the jibblies.

da Nerdbane

Yeah... :frazz:

This is thefirst I read this.

Thanks Nerdbane. :ok:

~ Josh

Unread post by Guest »

Now here's the fun question. What if whatever sent the news clippings posted the entire email log on the internet?
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Nerdbane wrote:You're welcome. I just read through it all again - man, does that give me the jibblies.

da Nerdbane

Yeah... :frazz:

This is thefirst I read this.

Thanks Nerdbane. :ok:

~ Josh

Same here. Good stuff.

It really reminds me of Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves. A lot. Especially this part where they find another house occupied by Sweatsuit man and prepare to enter. I figure whoever wrote the Dionaea House must have read House of Leaves. Dionaea House twists around (through multiple web journals) much like Dionaea House, but with foot notes and multiple "writers" who are actually characters in the book.

In the short, House of Leaves is about a house that has larger dimensions on the inside than on the outside.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

mindwyr wrote:It really reminds me of Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves. A lot.

Now that I read some of the responses to the later blogs I find that several people think the exact same thing.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Dang, that was really cool. Thanks for bring this up here, it's a perfect BtS hook
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

SightblinderX wrote:So it took all of 5 minutes looking into it to learn that this is actually viral advertising for a movie!!

It's a "viral advertising?!" As in they plan to release a virus through the internet promotion of an upcoming movie? We're all DOOMED!! :eek:

j/k I know you probably meant "virtual" rather than viral. ;)
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

SightblinderX wrote:So it took all of 5 minutes looking into it to learn that this is actually viral advertising for a movie!!

It should be coming out within the next year unless things fall through...

Looks like things already kinda fell through.

Here's the skinny from Wikipedia:

"The Dionaea House is a work by Eric Heisserer, originating in a series of linked internet pages about a man searching for answers about an old friend and what had cause to commit a double murder/suicide. It had been optioned by Warner Brothers to be made into a film to be released sometime in 2007. For undisclosed reasons, Warner Brothers since pulled the plug on the project a few days into production. They are currently discussing funding from another party, which is rumored to be the Rogue Pictures division of Focus Features, the studio behind Shaun of the Dead, the remake of Assault on Precinct 13, and the upcoming Jet Lee's Fearless.
Due to budgetry concerns (and also so that the title itself is not a spoiler), the title of the movie based on this internet phenomenon has been renamed Sanctum."

[edit] It's also listed on IMDB.com.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

SightblinderX wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

It's a "viral advertising?!" As in they plan to release a virus through the internet promotion of an upcoming movie? We're all DOOMED!! :eek:

Ummm, no, I meant viral. Its spread by word of mouth and message bord, like a virus...you'll hear this term more and more often in years to come...

Cool, it makes total sense now that you put me in my place. ;) Thanks for the info!
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

It's too bad Dionaea House is so similar to House of Leaves. I liked the quick read of Dionaea House, but I'd be more excited about the movie if it weren't like HoL.

I can see law suits happening over this thing, at least if I were the author of House of Leaves you bet I'd be getting on the phone with my lawyer.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

SightblinderX wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

Ummm, no, I meant viral. Its spread by word of mouth and message bord, like a virus...you'll hear this term more and more often in years to come...

'Tis true - from the source of all evil, Wikipedia: Viral advertising
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”