Raising Mental Attributes

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Raising Mental Attributes

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Maybe I missed something in the book, but if physical skills can raise physical attributes, how do you raise mental attributes?
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Generaly you do not.
A few OCC/RCCs may give you a bonus to a few mentals, but those are few.

In Splicers (if your GM wishes), may allow people to buy the "Enhanced Mental Attributes feature which costs 20 bio-e each point raised. Biotics and Gore Hounds can only raise each by 6 points though :D

In HU2-PU2, Eugenics, you buy the various features that increase mentals too.
In HU2, Education levels give you a bonus to Skill % at level one.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

ManDrake13 wrote:TechnoGothic, Is the HU2 Education different from that presented in Beyond the Supernatural?

Ohh yeah it is.

HU2 uses Education Levels such as :
() High School
() Two Year Collage
() Trade School / On Job Training
() Military
() 4 years Collage
() 8 years Collage
() Drop-out - Never finished High School

While BtS2 uses the JOB method.
() Artist
() Gardner
() Police officer
() Factory Worker
() Athlete
() Professor
() Mechanic
and so on...

HU2's skill method is alot easier IMHO.
You get to pick which skills you have completely based on your background, schooling, training. You can have a guy who never kept a job longer than 2 weeks and still have nice skills.
HU2's skill method works the Best of the Modern Era PB-Games.
In fact i use HU2's Education Levels for all my PB-Games except for "Fantasy"....

Mind you a Few of the Power Catagories in HU2 does have its own Skills which replace the normal Education Levels, specially Hardware, Physical Training, and Ancient Master....
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

There's also a nice article in one of the Rifters that addresses this issue. I don't recall the issue number, but the title of the article was Go Mental!
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Funny I've always considered, but never put into practice, allowing some of the higher learning type skills to enhance mental attributes. Such as Lore skills would give bonuses on Save vs. HF for whatever the lore is about, and also raise ME. While espionage and/or some military skills would raise MA. Science would increase IQ.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

Rifter #19 pg 37... Mental Skills that raise mental attributes
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

reddenedone wrote:Rifter #19 pg 37... Mental Skills that raise mental attributes
Hmm thanks... to bad the only Rifter I own is 9.5
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

That is quite inconvenient...

Return to “Splicers®”