Megaversal Ambassadors: What would you like to see?

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would love to do this. I know that the guy a my local game store though palladium went out of business a while ago. Having megaversal ambassadors is a great idea.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
jcfiala
D-Bee

Re: Megaversal Ambassadors: What would you like to see?

Unread post by jcfiala »

Zachary The First wrote:Convention Involvement (including writing up starter adventures for all the games)

Speaking as someone who runs the RPG section of one of Denver's gaming conventions, I'd love to have a little more involvement from Palladium's games. I think it'd be cool. We've already got an active group pushing for more HERO system games, and that did really well at GenghisCon.
-----
John Fiala
Will Run Conventions for Food
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Yes that is correct. I will do what I can to help get this off the ground.

I will give all Megaversal Ambassadors the rank/ title of "Megaversal Ambassador"
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Zachary The First wrote:
Shadow_otm wrote:If Palladium does get Robotech back then I would suggest looking into getting out to anime conventions, possibly with running starter-adventures of robotech, After the Bomb, or RIFTS. Though you could probably do that already and still be good.

Absolutely, Shadow. That's a great market to bust into. I really hope they get they RT license back.

BTW, NMI just offered that anyone who becomes a MA can have the title "Megaversal Ambassador" as a board title :) Pretty cool, huh?

Just to let you guys know, btw, right now I'm working on the rules of conduct and whatnot, and giving a clearer outline to the mission statement. Then I'm going to get back with Kev, get a thumbs up/down, and determine hosting (either here or the Nexus Point, most likely). I'm also looking for folks who either have or would be willing to donate their time to write up suitable adventures for demos and conventions for all the different games, complete with PreGen characters. They don't have to be fancy, but they should be a good look at what a particular game, such as Rifts or HU, offers.

I'm really excited about this happening, and hopefully, you are, too.
Keep us informed Zach!
I'm down for running some Robotech (hopefully) or Rifts...
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Well, I'm dilegently working on the NEXUS Registry to get it updated so people can locate people in their area.

If you haven't registered for the NEXUS Registry, you can do so through the NEXUS Registry form.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Vestinious wrote:I have added a Frappr map.

http://www.frappr.com/palladiumbooksfans

Rog :)

Beat me to it. :)

If you need help with administration let me know, I'm a co-administrator for the Sound off people map, so one more wouldn't be a problem.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Personally, I'd rather a name change. I don't like the sound of Megaversal Ambassadors.

Something like Megaversal Wanderers or something would be better. Sure, it has to reflect Palladium, but Ambassadors just sounds to pompous.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Any chance of getting Palladium posters to help promote the MA program at local game stores? Something with a white space to list day(s) and time(s) of MA events? Even PDF printable sheets with the cover art of the different main books.
Last edited by Rali on Mon May 15, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Ok, work-in-progress, so bear with me... :D

Cast:
Asgardian Elf Shifter, linked to Odin (Summoner/Magic archetype)
Rulian Translator (Scholar/Hacker)
Cyber-Samurai (tank/melee)
Juicer (gun bunny/speed freak)
Dwarf Techno-Hound (mechanic/driver)

(I'm also thinking of maybe a Wilderness Scout & Fire Dragon Hatchling, who were raised as brothers...)

The main conveyance is the Dune Buggy ATV from the main book.
Tech level for the heroes is a la Rifts: Main book, or low level Rifts: Mercs.

A "client" has come across an area rumored to be a military base from the Golden Age, out in the Mid-west. He hires the PC's (pay & salvage) to explore the ruins, and bring back anything of value. The base is infested, so the PC's have to decide how far in they go...

Unfortunately, the PC's aren't the only ones heading there...

A "Coalition War Campaign" power level CS Commando squad has been dispatched, as the CS has recently unearthed old data files on the supply cache. They arrive after the PC's, and aren't above letting the PC's do the dirty work, then hit them when their weak...

PC's will be about 6th level (still working on builds).

I think this hits a good cross-selection of Rifts OCC's & RCC's, seems to be a prototypical Rifts session (recover ancient tech), and has a high body count (PC and otherwise). It also has Psionics & Magic, but nothing too powerful, or too confusing (need to make stat cards for summoned monsters).

Thoughts? Suggestions? :-D
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hmmm, a more traditional mix, eh?
I don't (yet) have a copy of Rifts: UE, so let me ask a question: Are any races, beyond Psi-stalker, Dog Boy, Dragon, & Human in the book?

More traditional cast:
Shifter
Rogue Scholar (or Scientist)
Cyber-Knight
Juicer
Operator

(with a potential Wilderness Scout & Dragon rounding out the list).

I originally had a Cyber-Knight, but at 6th level, they get the Cloud Sensors ability, which might be a bit much against CS opponents. And the Psi-Sword is still pretty weak, even with a Master psionic (4d6 MD)...

The other stuff works pretty well.

The Operator might make the Rogue Scholar superfluous though (Hacker), especially if she has Telemechanics...
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

CyCo wrote:Personally, I'd rather a name change. I don't like the sound of Megaversal Ambassadors.

Something like Megaversal Wanderers or something would be better. Sure, it has to reflect Palladium, but Ambassadors just sounds to pompous.

I agree, if the name sticks, I would be forced to demand a monocle, a fake handlebar mustache and a chessy accent.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Juankis wrote:
CyCo wrote:Personally, I'd rather a name change. I don't like the sound of Megaversal Ambassadors.

I agree, if the name sticks, I would be forced to demand a monocle, a fake handlebar mustache and a chessy accent.
Does glasses, a mustache & goatee, and California accent count? :lol:
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

But what Zack is trying to accomplish really makes us all Ambassadors. I'd rather Ambassadors then Missionaries.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

WorldofRifts wrote:But what Zack is trying to accomplish really makes us all Ambassadors. I'd rather Ambassadors then Missionaries.
Seconded! :lol:
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

A convention outreach program is an A+ excellent idea.

I have seen many companies start these programs, but they tend to fizzle because the GMs are not supported. The two notable exceptions has been the Outriders from Games Workshop and the Steve Jackson reps. Among the outreach groups, they seem to be the most effective and most consistent organization at the many conventions I have attended. I recommend looking at their programs to see what works. I know people in both groups and they have been very happy with the amount of prize giveaways as well as gifts they have received for promoting the company.

I have been a convention GM, demo GM and tournament GM for 20+ years and I love to introduce new games to players. I will be running two games of Splicers at ConQuest SF in September.

My recommendation to people doing demo games is this:

1) Always create pre-gen characters only using the core book of the game and try to simplify everything for the newbie. Create characters that are tailored for the short mission you have written. I recommend only 1st level characters so things are kept at a basic level.

2) Open the game with a short (10 min or less) description of the game world and a brief (5 min or less) talk about how the game system works. Then, introduce the characters and focus on the cool bits for each player. Within 30 minutes of this intro talk, you should be rolling dice. Don't bore them with too much jibba jabba!

3) Plan and playtest your mission. If you have a 4 hour game slot, then you only have 3 hours of game time with people who may have lots of questions about stuff as you go along. I suggest no more than two short combats. I recommend that you run the game with your home crew and let them give you feedback about the adventure so you will know in advance if your game is too long.

4) The adventure should highlight the cool bits of the game you are presenting and the gameplay should NOT require any knowledge of the game that was not presented in your initial 10 minute intro. For Splicers, I would want a scene where a NPC accidently touches some metal and the metal comes alive and attacks. I would want to incorporate a Great House, at least two personas of the Machine and maybe a visit to a Retro-Village.

5) And possibly most important, everyone running demo needs to be totally cool with the fact that some people aren't going to enjoy your favorite game. That's fine, focus on those players who think its neat and want to learn more.

I do not know if this is possible for Palladium, but here is a suggestion I have sent to several companies in regards to demos:

Prize Support - normally companies send a single copy of the game or a few supplements or a unrelated product as prize support. Personally, I do not feel this prize method turns demo players into customers. Instead, I recommend offering a Coupon Code so the demo players can go online and buy the product they played at the convention at a 15% discount. This way, the players have an incentive to buy a game they have experienced and they buy it directly from the company instead of a third party source.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

What is a good number of pregens to have on hand?

~Nekira Sudacne
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'd say 4 to 8, for a normal size group.

If you think it's going to be a large even (2 tables), then probably 12-15.

(I personally, wouldn't run more than one table, till I feel I have a Rifts PhD, myself... :P )
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Vestinious wrote:
Novastar wrote:
WorldofRifts wrote:But what Zack is trying to accomplish really makes us all Ambassadors. I'd rather Ambassadors then Missionaries.
Seconded! :lol:

You beat me to it :-x .

True, but look at what other companies have called their demo teams, Chrome Berets, Press Gang, um, that's all I can think of right now.

Megaversal Ambassadors sounds pompous, and also unimaginative.

I mean, geez, are we role players or are we mice?!!?!
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

An idea I've been kicking around is a MA T-shirt...

Have a light grey shirt (hey, I sweat. So no white shirts plz... :lol: ), with "Legions of the Megaverse" on the front; on the back, have "Megaversal", then my personal Print pic, and then "Ambassador" underneath the pic.

I still need to ask Kevin for permission to use his pic on the shirt though... :oops:
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

We need a mascot!

~Nekira Sudacne
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Didn't Palladium used to have a logo?, I seem to remember some kind of starburst or dragon or something.

Maybe something similar to the Megaverse United print would look well on a shirt, preferably the back, with a large image of characters form all the game worlds.

I like the name Legionaries, makes it sound like theres a bunch of us and are willing to go the extra mile for our cause.

As for perks, at leats in my opinion it doesn't have to be anything too flashy or anything, apart from a shirt and some form of ID, maybe just an extra heads up on pre-orders, like maybe getting them 1 or more weeks before anyone else, and maybe a small token discount on direct orders from the company store.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zachary The First wrote:
Rali wrote:We need a mascot!

Just not a Flooper is all I ask.
I'll admit, the thing that most screams "Palladium!" to me is still a Glitter-Boy... :-D

EDIT: The names not to important to me, just that we have one.
"Legionnaires" works fine for me too. We just have to avoid Megaversal Legion, since that's already in SA2... :P
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Novastar wrote:I'll admit, the thing that most screams "Palladium!" to me is still a Glitter-Boy... :-D

EDIT: The names not to important to me, just that we have one.
"Legionnaires" works fine for me too. We just have to avoid Megaversal Legion, since that's already in SA2... :P

I agree, the Glitterboy pretty much screams Palladium.

However, I also recall the half dragon/demon and half cyborg/glitterboy image from (i think) the RIFTS CCG. That too would make a decent mascot for Megaverse Ambassadors.

As for the name, I like the sound of Megaversal Ambassadors. But whatever name/title you agree upon, I would carry it with pride.

Just don’t go with anything like Palladium Megaversal Spokespersons. "Hi, I’m the local PMS representative." *shudder*
Last edited by Rali on Wed May 17, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~Nekira Sudacne
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Unfortunately, many people might not know what a Legionnaire is. I stand by Zack and his name Ambassadors, because that's what we are doing. We are representing Palladium and introducing it to people. Missionaries would be a better word, but they don't have a good history when it comes to "convert or else."
The Phoenix is Coming!
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

WorldofRifts wrote:Missionaries would be a better word, but they don't have a good history when it comes to "convert or else."

The Power of Kevin Compels You! :thwak:

~Nekira Sudacne
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Call of Cthulhu uses Missionaries for their demo team.
Privateer Press has the Press Gang
AEG used to have Bounty Hunters
Waste World had Rangers
Warhammer has Outriders
SJ Games has MIBs (men in black)

Palladium Ambassadors is not a bad name. I don't think you want to say "Megaversal Ambassadors" since you are not championing the mechanics of a game system, but the company and its product lines. The goal is to get the name "Palladium" out to people who may have never heard of the company before.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zachary The First wrote:
Spinachcat wrote:Call of Cthulhu uses Missionaries for their demo team.
Privateer Press has the Press Gang
AEG used to have Bounty Hunters
Waste World had Rangers
Warhammer has Outriders
SJ Games has MIBs (men in black)

Palladium Ambassadors is not a bad name. I don't think you want to say "Megaversal Ambassadors" since you are not championing the mechanics of a game system, but the company and its product lines. The goal is to get the name "Palladium" out to people who may have never heard of the company before.

Well, if you look at the above names, like MIB or Press Gang (both excellent organizations and a source of inspiration), they don't include SJ or Privateer. Fully, the name can be Palladium's Megaversal Ambassadors, if folks like. Like I said earlier, this is a topic I'm putting forth to Kev directly.

Welcome by the way. I usually only see you over at the Purple Site. Hope you decide to stick around and make yourself at home. :)
My vote's still going for Megaversal Ambassadors, at this time... :D
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zachary The First wrote:Welcome by the way. I usually only see you over at the Purple Site. Hope you decide to stick around and make yourself at home. :)

I cause trouble where I can! :D

I am a big believer in gaming communities and this whole legal mess sparked the PB fans into action in a way I haven't seen before. It was very inspiring and after years of not checking out PB books (I played Palladium 1e and loved it in my teens), I decided to spend a few bucks and so far, I am impressed by the products.

As for the arguments of system issues and MDC/SDC over at RPG.net, I couldn't care. As a GM, I tailor everything I buy to fit my style of storytelling so I am more interested in cool bits and strong drama elements. The company that give me that gets my money, and a company that gives me an engaging community gets my loyalty.

As for the Ambassador program, there is no question that the most powerful advertising is word of mouth and conventions provide a great space to promote and engage new fans. I know I have bought games based on conversations I had with people who played demos and I imagine I am not alone. So your one con game with 6 people could easily spread the word to a dozen more....which is why you have to do your best to put on a great demo because word of mouth goes both ways.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Here is a little something a threw together at work, you know instead of actually working :-P

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3994/glitamb1uq.jpg

its a logo, its a pet, and does enough mega damage to annoy a gargoyle
- Mahatma Gandhi
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Juankis wrote:Here is a little something a threw together at work, you know instead of actually working :-P

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3994/glitamb1uq.jpg

its a logo, its a pet, and does enough mega damage to annoy a gargoyle

That's cute. I like it. Maybe adding some smoke coming from the barrel
The Phoenix is Coming!
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sweet love of Gawd!
That is so frelling perfect!
A+ picture, Juankis! :ok:
KillingMachine
D-Bee

Unread post by KillingMachine »

That logo looks pretty nice, but I see a few small problems with it. The word "Ambassadors" is spelled incorrectly and it would be better if actually said "Megaversal Ambassadors" instead of "Ambassadors of the Megaverse".

Seriously, this stuff with trying to change the name around is getting out of hand. This was Zachary's brainchild and "Megaversal Ambassadors" is what he wants to call it. That should be the end of the discussion.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Sorry, my bad, got it wrong, no biggie, got it fixed now.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1186/glitterfixed0wb.jpg

I also added the smoking boom gun

Edit: Changed the image a bit as the word MEGAVERSAL looked a little of center, shoudl be fixed now
Last edited by Juankis on Thu May 18, 2006 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Juankis wrote:Sorry, my bad, got it wrong, no biggie, got it fixed now.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3619/glitterfixed4zd.jpg

hehe...
"Speak softly, and carry a BOOM GUN, BABY!!!" :D
KillingMachine
D-Bee

Unread post by KillingMachine »

Very nice! :ok:

This would even make a pretty awesome t-shirt.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Juankis wrote:Sorry, my bad, got it wrong, no biggie, got it fixed now.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3619/glitterfixed4zd.jpg

Nice image. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

I love the image. I agree, it would make a great T-Shirt.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Zachary The First wrote:I've also brought up to Kevin the idea of an incremental awards system, but of course, that's his call. You know, after x amount of sessions ran, a t-shirt, after x more, a coupon for the Palladium store, after x more perhaps a larger coupon...but it all depends on what he wants to do. Folks who want to take part in such will have to fill out a little form for each session they do, sort of how the RPGA does (only not nearly as strict). I figure after folks run enough game, they've definitely spent something of their own money & time doing it, and have reached a lot of potential fans, so it'd be nice to have a little something for their efforts. But, as I said, that one is Kev's call, of course.

You are also going to have to figure a way to keep this under control, as incremental sytems are always prone to abuse, even when there is no real incentive to doing so (just look at all the post count hogs).
- Mahatma Gandhi
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Don't forget Origins and GenCon. Although it is too late to sign up an official game, you can still do great demos in their Open Gaming areas.

Usually there is an posting board near the Open Gaming area where you can advertise your game and if Palladium has a booth at the convention, you may be able to advertise with them as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Open Gaming being free so people who are tired of buying $4 tickets for everything may be happy to demo something at no charge to them. And after your demo, you can tell them to toodle into the dealer's room and buy the game, spending almost half of what most hardcover's cost.

I think the GenCon SoCal event signups start in June.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'll be at KublaCon in San Francisco, on Saturday the 27th.
It'll be a "pick-me-up" game, since registration ended like 3 months ago... :frust:
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Seeing as how it is easier to introduce people to ideas or concepts using ideas that they might already know how to use (just think of Christian missionaries and how they tend to "replace" the ideas of gods), I propose the following for your consideration...
Juggalo Dead Boy wrote:The idea I am about to propose will sound an AWFUL lot like I am suggesting that PB sell out, but...
How about PB do a NON-CONVERSION d20 book? One that is DESPERATELY needed, like, say a d20 Mutants game that doesn't completely suck? PB knows how to make a good mutants game and, if no references to PB games were mentioned this could make quite a lot of money......

I would even go so far as to suggest a Palladium d20 conversion book.

Let's face it - WotC has the #1 selling RPG system.

Lots of people have d20 stuff and may have never heard of Palladium (yes, this is not only possible but not that unlikely).

It has also been said on other boards that people enjoy the Palladium books not necessarily for the game mechanics that they bring to the table, but because they have neat ideas.

What better way to get people to buy existing Palladium books but give them a book that would easily convert the systems back and forth?

Keep in mind - this wouldn't necessarily be something that the die-hard Palladium fan might want to purchase, but it would be good for getting people who might not otherwise want to use Palladium books (because they were not overly "compatible" with the d20 system).
The intended audience for such a product would be "the d20 gamer" - of which there are more than just Palladium gamers.

I'm not sure that there would be a down side to such a book.
Heck, it could even be the first pdf that Palladium made available for sale...
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

I really think Palladium should create some PDF previews so I can print them out and hand them out. If I could afford it, I'd give a copy of PFRPG to all the D&D players that frequent Middlebury.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

You Know wrote:The idea I am about to propose will sound an AWFUL lot like I am suggesting that PB sell out, but...
How about PB do a NON-CONVERSION d20 book?

I know this has come up before and each time it has been shot down. Kevin is very protective of his intelectual property (as well he should be), and lending his babies over for a D20 makover would like puting ones kids up for adoption.

Palladium has their hands full with existing products, just think of what it would be like to remake everything for d20!

Not gonna happen.

~Nekira Sudacne
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

D20 Rifts could have been a profitable venture back in 2000-2002 when everyone was D20 crazy and the D20 market was very strong. That isn't the case any longer.

Vast numbers of tabletop gamers - especially those tied to 3.X - have abandoned gaming for WoW. The remaining marketplace has segmented into D20 WotC and non-WotC. Keep in mind that most D&D 3.X players do not buy third party D20 products anymore - they stick with stuff from what's official from WotC and most only play D&D. Not all, but most.

The rest of the non-WotC gamers are Palladium's target audience. These are the people who play multiple games, multiple systems and try new stuff even though Dragon Magazine hasn't given them marching orders.

Palladium demos will do fine. If you run a good game that clicks with the players, they will want to seek out whatever you ran and take a look at it in the gamestore or the dealer's room.

You are NOT going to convert the D20 hardcore or the D&D-Only crowd and that's okay. They are not worth your energy. The people you want are the curious ones, the ones who say "what the heck, I'll try this game" and show up with an open mind. Spend your energy on them and maybe one of them per demo will buy a PB game in the future.

That's your goal. :D
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I'd like to pass out a sheet or three that contains settin info/summary. Do I need to be worried about IP violations for the text that I'd be using and quoting?
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Swag, baby, swag!
:D
Maybe some .pdf flyer templates we can fillout with demo information that we can drop off at our FLGS, school commons, bullentin boards, etc.

~Nekira Sudacne
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Zachary The First wrote:Hey guys, I appreciate the responses, but if we could keep this thread more focused on things the Megaversal Ambassadors could feasibly do to attract more players (demos, adventures, outreach, prgrams, incentives), I'd appreciate it.

Baby sit for kids old enough to game.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Well its my turn, I'll be runing either a Chaos Earth or AtB2 game at my local con this weekend, lets see how it goes.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Well, the weekend came and went and my CE demo game had to be psotponed, I wasn't able to attend the con due to work issues. I'll upload the adventure/characters later if anyone wants to take a look.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

A gaming club in Rochester MN, is holding a Game Fest on the 17th at the FLGS. They've been advertising the fact with flyers. I'm hoping to make contact and see if they will allow me to run an AtB or Heroes demo at the event.

~Nekira Sudacne

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”