Nutrient Bath Pouch

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I think it's a good solution. Maybe instead of a pouch, you could make them nutrient holsters built right into the armor. Have different Bio-E costs for melee weapon, pistol, and rifle sizes.

I've also created a few Bio-Tech items and handheld weapon enhancements to take care of this issue as well, but I do like the nutirent pouch idea.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I worked up a nutirent pouch for our weapons after we kept having PackMaster and Archangle's living Armor dieing in the field.

Ours is more like a E-clip/canister for the weapons. It allows a weapon to remain the field for indefinetly. They can recharge the bio-energy weapons at a rate of 1 shot per hour. One or two can attached to living armor either on the back or the hips. They only possess 10 mdc each however, but requires a called shot to hit them.

Our Bio-nutitrent pouches were the size of a canteen, with a mouth that attachs to the bio-weapon.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Nutrient Bath Pouch

ManDrake13 wrote:Since I first got the Splicers book, I've been working night and day to figure out a way to escape the strangle hold of the Librarians and the Warlords. I think I've finally found a way to do it. In many of the illustrations in the book, we see people in Host Armor using regular resistance weapons, which we know can not last for more than 1d6+3 days away from the resistance HQ. So what if your cut off? Well all those weapons are rendered useless at the end of that time frame. Now the resistance has to know for any number of reasons that this will happen, so it's only logical they would come up with some sort of solution to the problem. I was thinking about it and the most logical conclusion to come too was that they would create something like a kangaroos pouch in either their Host Armor or War Mounts, that would create the nutrient bath fluids to keep the equipment alive and functioning. Then there would be a way to sustain longer term missions away from home base and more importantly finally create a way that these non-Warlord affiliated groups could actually fight the Machine on their own.

Nutrient Bath Pouch: This upgrade allows the possessing unit to store and feed Bio-Tech. While a Bio-Tech item will immediately be sustained by placement in the pouch, it takes 4d4 hours to completely feed the unit for the standard 1d6+3 days. The pouch does pose some increased vulnerability, all damage done inside the pouch is doubled against the body section in which it is located. The pouches are general proportional to the side of the area that they are located. On War Mounts large internal areas can be dedicated to pouch storage to hold large numbers of weapons to be recharged at the same time. But on Host Armor the pouches to be extended external bulges when filled.

Bio-E Cost: 25 points.
Prerequisite: None.

So what's the verdict? Logical solution to the problem? Or do I need to go back to the drawing board?

I cannot help but to see this huge belly filled up as you have it...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davenport1 ... enzime.jpg

or this ones huge back...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davenport1 ... bonegg.jpg
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

ManDrake13 wrote: TechnoGothic I like the idea, but I can see a few restrictions. First the Nutrient Bath doesn't actually do anything but keep the feeding mechanism alive on most weapons. For example, the shard throwers require bones, I guess you could include an automated reloading mechanism by cloning portion of the process into the armor and then send the material through some sort of connection as needed. But it's definitely would be a lot more than I was suggesting. But I really like that idea too. The Nutrient Bath would keep the Laser Style weapons working indefinitely, but most of the others require some sort of feeding beyond the nutrient bath that allows them to feed.

Well our Nutrient Pouches just kept it from dieing in the field. It did not "recharge" the bone throwers, ect...still needed more bones to feed them. The bio-energy weapons though, it helped to slowly recharge them. I was linking that to a sub-plot. The pouches drain human life forces slowly at a distance, the excess energy would recharge some of the bio-energy shots. The PCs didnt know why they felt drained all the time. 1 ISP/PPE drained reshorted 1 shot over an hour period. Since i had Splicer adults still having 1d6 to 2d8 PPE and PE+6 ISP naturally, the characters could recharge a good number of shots unwillingly. But their mind/spirit would get tired doing so. For the Bone-throwers they just kept them alive. Even those did drain 1 ISP/PPE per week though to stay alive.

Before we took a break, i was just giving the hints to this drawback :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”