Not with a bang, but a whimper

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Not with a bang, but a whimper

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

I can't see these subforums lasting beyond the deadline, as they're use trademarks that PB will no longer have the license to.

But as someone who's followed these forums since their inception, the lack of traffic is pretty much endemic of the whole project.

Palladium lament the lack of sales as one of the major issues that sunk this project, and while other things absolutely played a hand in it, the lack of engagement from PB regarding the playerbase (not the backerbase, there's an overlap, but it's not the same), was a contributing factor. Not just here, but across all social media.

That no PB employee or at least an authorized volunteer was on here stirring up interest, among other things,
- suggestions for scenarios
- official player packs for tournaments (instead of having tournament runners doing it from scratch)
- promoting tournaments and providing advertising and prize support
- discussing alternate characters and formations (that Vermillion Squad was never a legal formation always struck me as a poor choice)
- providing modelling and painting tips (and with the quality of the miniatures that would have been a benefit)
was a significant, if minor factor.

Every other wargame I've been a part of, has someone in a quasi-official capacity monitoring things, and juicing up enthusiasm.

So it's kind of fitting that TS Eliot's words sum this aspect of PB's contribution (or lack thereof) to giving RRT a voice.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Not with a bang, but a whimper

Unread post by The Beast »

Yeah I really only recall seeing jaymz trying to get people motivated for the game, but even he stopped after it became clear PB had zero interest in supporting the game.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

The Beast wrote:Yeah I really only recall seeing jaymz trying to get people motivated for the game, but even he stopped after it became clear PB had zero interest in supporting the game.

Mike as well, before he also realised there wouldn't be any real support.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Mike myself and Peter (and on a more local/smaller scale rob shrewing) did all we could. I walked then Mike. I give full credit to Peter and Rob and honestly it's for them I am as angry over all of this as I am. All that passion and effort wasted.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

I expect that following the ethos of 1984, history will be rewritten and all records of "Big Brother's" failure in regards to RTT, will be expunged from history, so this place will become a non-domain and never will have existed

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”